• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

To me it should be that if you're good enough, you're old enough and KIA aside you are usually at Arsenal for a reason.

A lot of people don't see it that way though, they like to mollycoddle as they see fit hence why I just refer to these players as kids until they are judged fairly and equally.
I disagree with the “good enough, old enough”. You can be enormously talented but every player still needs to build experience and young players need to be given that extra room to occasionally screw up.

I don’t see it as an excuse though. Arteta and Edu deliberately and purposely got rid of experience and replaced with inexperience. That’s on them. We have a front four (ish) of 20-22 year olds. They were always going to cave under pressure.

Imho max 1 of Saka, ESR and Nelli should be starting any game and Øde ideally needs to be balanced with someone like Pogba (or his stature/profile or whatev) That’s why I feel the shouts for Bellingham, Gravenberch, Caqueret are kind of cack. We need experience and specifically winning experience and mentality. We need players who’s gone through a really bad season but then come back and proved themselves. It’s not the players’ fault, but they’re all a bunch of soft pussies

Edit: came out harsh, but not directed at you, @Macho . You just happened to push some buttons :rolleyes:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We need experience and specifically winning experience and mentality. We need players who’s gone through a really bad season but then come back and proved themselves. It’s not the players’ fault, but they’re all a bunch of soft pussies

This is so true. We've really lacked some proper bastards in our team for so long. Maybe it's a reflection on the whole of football to an extent as well but I really think our squad is way to nice.

Bloodbather

Established Member

FQiLSazXEAANUQ-

Not sure why @OnlyOne posted this on Twitter but won’t say it on here…
That sentiment was somewhat acceptable last season, but not this one. Not after we were the biggest spenders in the summer and Arteta had a full season under his belt.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I disagree with the “good enough, old enough”. You can be enormously talented but every player still needs to build experience and young players need to be given that extra room to occasionally screw up.

I don’t see it as an excuse though. Arteta and Edu deliberately and purposely got rid of experience and replaced with inexperience. That’s on them. We have a front four (ish) of 20-22 year olds. They were always going to cave under pressure.

Imho max 1 of Saka, ESR and Nelli should be starting any game and Øde ideally needs to be balanced with someone like Pogba (or his stature/profile or whatev) That’s why I feel the shouts for Bellingham, Gravenberch, Caqueret are kind of cack. We need experience and specifically winning experience and mentality. We need players who’s gone through a really bad season but then come back and proved themselves. It’s not the players’ fault, but they’re all a bunch of soft pussies

Edit: came out harsh, but not directed at you, @Macho . You just happened to push some buttons :rolleyes:

But if we achieve 5th is that then not a good thing? Like if we were close to winning a league title and we did this then fair play but I think we're more than capable enough to finish in Europa and then we can add that experience.

I feel they're getting a lot of stick for summer business when 4th only became a reality not long ago but at the start of the season it was a bit of a right off.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

This is so true. We've really lacked some proper bastards in our team for so long. Maybe it's a reflection on the whole of football to an extent as well but I really think our squad is way to nice.
Exactly. It doesn’t even have to someone in that old PL Roy Keane mold. Look at Mané and his elbows and whatnot. He’ll make you feel it. He’ll put up the fight. The only one we have like that right now is Gabriel and even he’s a bit of a softy

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

But if we achieve 5th is that then not a good thing? Like if we were close to winning a league title and we did this then fair play but I think we're more than capable enough to finish in Europa and then we can add that experience.

I feel they're getting a lot of stick for summer business when 4th only became a reality not long ago but at the start of the season it was a bit of a right off.
That’s true tbf. I’d been happy with EL this season at the start and honestly feel that that’d be good for this young squad to build more experience. I do think we should’ve gone for a more proven player than Sambi in the summer for example and they did get rid of the one match winner we had in the squad. With how the season have unfolded not strengthening the team with proper quality and mentality in January, to speed up coming back to CL, looks very very foolish imo.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Position don’t fully say a teams level. Last season United finished second playing terrible football and nicked so many games. They finished second on 74 points with so many teams being poor

If we finished 5th which I don’t see how. That means we blew a chance for too 4. But more importantly Arteta and his coaches has been here long enough and given enough backing to stamp their way of play in the team. The football we play is really poor and he can’t coach a team to play attacking football with clear way of playing

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

That’s true tbf. I’d been happy with EL this season at the start and honestly feel that that’d be good for this young squad to build more experience. I do think we should’ve gone for a more proven player than Sambi in the summer for example and they did get rid of the one match winner we had in the squad. With how the season have unfolded not strengthening the team with proper quality and mentality in January, to speed up coming back to CL, looks very very foolish imo.

I disagree on January but I've been over this.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Exactly. It doesn’t even have to someone in that old PL Roy Keane mold. Look at Mané and his elbows and whatnot. He’ll make you feel it. He’ll put up the fight. The only one we have like that right now is Gabriel and even he’s a bit of a softy

Liverpool are full of them. Fabinho, Mane, Robertson, Henderson, Milner. All well capable of looking after themselves. I'd say right now we only really have Gabriel, Xhaka, who doesn't get away with it and maybe Tomiyasu if he wasn't always injured. The rest are all just really nice guys.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

“For me this (talk of Arsenal being in the top four) is positive,” Arteta said.

“It means there is excitement and they want to push us. This club is about being the best, not even about being fourth.

“So that mentality and drive is because of our history. That history has to be present all the time, trying to achieve the biggest targets.

“If not, you don’t have the mentality to play for this club
. That’s the demands.

“Whether we can achieve it or not, we will see what we can do. But the level of expectation has to always be the highest.”

www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-arsenal-mikel-arteta-premier-league-manchester-city-b1961208.html%3famp

From november.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Hasn't been around in a minute, he had some issues with his Login a while ago. Not sure if he was banned or not though, maybe @albakos knows more
No he is not banned, as per a DM he just decided to take some time away and could be back posting soon.

He was online last night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom