• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: Arsenal Career on Death Rowe?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Oh dear Am have turned on him and made him the latest Auba
People hate Bruno in united as well, but he scored 18 goals last season. At they are consistent.
Also, ESR has scored 11 in 32 games. You dont think it's a problem that a midfielder doesn't offer much in 2 out of three games he plays?

When Auba only scored 15 games in 40 then he was bad for us. When he scored 30 he wasn't.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The fitness level does look major worry if he can't finish 90 minutes as professional footballer then there serious problem with his stamina. Hopefully the coaching stuff work in that
He does look like quite a big guy this season. I'm thinking he maybe needs to be leaner. It's a different issue to a gangly Willock who grows in to his frame. He just needs to be careful and not stupid like Wilshere.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
People hate Bruno in united as well, but he scored 18 goals last season. At they are consistent.
Also, ESR has scored 11 in 32 games. You dont think it's a problem that a midfielder doesn't offer much in 2 out of three games he plays?

When Auba only scored 15 games in 40 then he was bad for us. When he scored 30 he wasn't.
ESR is not a reliable source of goals and his game shouldn't be all about goals. He needs to get involved more, needs to transition our play with his runs and goals should just be a bonus. I'd like him to be more of a Nasri type of a wide player if he really wants to play that position, but atm I can't accept from a wide playmaker to have 3 touches per game

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
ESR is not a reliable source of goals and his game shouldn't be all about goals. He needs to get involved more, needs to transition our play with his runs and goals should just be a bonus. I'd like him to be more of a Nasri type of a wide player if he really wants to play that position, but atm I can't accept from a wide playmaker to have 3 touches per game
Thats exacly my point. I assume you didn't read my post?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
FREAae1WQAYKMeD

"Proud of you Emile, you were ****e today"

"Allow it, fam"

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I don’t think ESR is as creative as people make him out to be. Most of his assists are basic obvious passes or crosses. He doesn’t always look up and his weight of pass can be dodgy. I think he’s a forward, hence why the quotes from Arteta about him potentially being a false 9.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah. He has massive potential as a false 9. Firminho was basically an ESR type player before Klopp got his hands on him. Not saying ESR will be able to replicate that but it's worth a shot.

Zaza

Yep I'm also joining the false 9 bandwagon as well. I've always felt he'd eventually be a 15 league goals a season player and I'm even more convinced now.
False 9 or LW should do it. Don't think he'd be elite as a number 8.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah. He has massive potential as a false 9. Firminho was basically an ESR type player before Klopp got his hands on him. Not saying ESR will be able to replicate that but it's worth a shot.

He could do with getting in a bit better shape because that role requires a lot physically and currently I'm not sure he has the stamina for it. In general he needs to be getting in better shape anyways.

Zaza

I don’t think ESR is as creative as people make him out to be. Most of his assists are basic obvious passes or crosses. He doesn’t always look up and his weight of pass can be dodgy. I think he’s a forward, hence why the quotes from Arteta about him potentially being a false 9.
He's not. That's why I always laughed when people said he was more creative than Ødegaard. At best he's a secondary playmaker...definitely not someone you make your main source of creativity.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He could do with getting in a bit better shape because that role requires a lot physically and currently I'm not sure he has the stamina for it. In general he needs to be getting in better shape anyways.
I want to believe the constant niggles and injuries have played a part in his lack of fitness this season although that's not excuse. Martinelli proved you can be injured and get back to peak physical fitness relatively quickly.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He's not. That's why I always laughed when people said he was more creative than Ødegaard. At best he's a secondary playmaker...definitely not someone you make your main source of creativity.
Who on earth said ESR is more creative than Ødegaard.

ESR on form is a manager’s dream tactically. He can carry the ball further up the pitch and just execute key dribbles. He’s also showing to have an instinct for goals which is good.

Something I have basically never seen from him is a defence splitting pass. He is kind of like a better Lingard. Dangerous dribbler with an eye for goal.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I don’t remember them precisely but up to December his running stats were better than Saka’s, more distance covered and more sprints per 90, I’m hoping it’s just injuries rather than dietary ill discipline which has produced what we’ve seen recently.

When he plays he seems to me to be the teams biggest goal threat still, simply because of the positions he gets in, he seems to be able to find dangerous late runs and spaces, that’s great. But the way much of the silk and combination play seems to have disappeared from his game has been really disappointing this season. He needs to get back to playing one touch, getting close to his team mates. That plus consistent fitness and minutes might be what he needs. He’s still a very young man.

Kysus

I want to believe the constant niggles and injuries have played a part in his lack of fitness this season although that's not excuse. Martinelli proved you can be injured and get back to peak physical fitness relatively quickly.
A lot comes down to genetics as well.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Martinelli was very young when he got his injury, plus he bangs weights in his spare time so is always going to have low body fat.

ESR thought not eating Nandos was a life hack.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This is his first season playing regularly, it’s not surprising to see him struggling fitness wise.

18/19: 3 league cameos for Leipzig
19/20: 21 league apps for Huddersfield/Arsenal
20/21: 20 league apps for Arsenal
21/22: 29 league apps for Arsenal

He spoke about cutting out Nando’s etc but he’s clearly still carrying some extra timber, cut down some more in the summer and he’ll be much better next season fitness wise I’d hope.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom