• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Lewis-Skelly was on the bench but never came on. Apparently he's been injured according to Jeorge Bird.

There were a couple of other players who looked impressive. We have a new defender from Fulham joining the scholarship intake in the Summer - Maldini Kacurri, an Albanian youth international. He had a pretty tough 1st half but came out in the 2nd and did really well. Matheus Roberts looked quite good. I was also really impressed with Omari Benjamin and Kamarni Ryan who came off the bench. The best player for us today though was Josh Robinson. Was playing at RB and looked incredible.

I myself I'm trying not to get too hyped about Nwaneri - it's way too early in the day to make predictions so I'm not going to. It's not hard to see why he plays so far above his age group though.
Damn we have another Omari lol. I have been hearing some good things about Robinson too. Looks like Nwaneri is also left footed. I watched a little vid of him and the way he plays on the half turn gave me some Wilshere vibes too. Seems like the next set is going to be very exciting with lots of talents.

Tom349

Whats with all our best prospects being left footers. Wilshere many moons ago, but since then Saka, Patino, Hutchinson, Cozier Duberry and now Nwaneri.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Whats with all our best prospects being left footers. Wilshere many moons ago, but since then Saka, Patino, Hutchinson, Cozier Duberry and now Nwaneri.
It is a bit mad! But don't forget Yunus Musah (I guess Bellerín and Gnabry shouldn't count since they aren't technically academy products). Balogun and Nketiah but not the same level as all the guys you talk about. Reiss Nelson of course, though...and the aforementioned Trae Coyle who looked a massive prospect at Nwaneri's age.

Geofranco

It is a bit mad! But don't forget Yunus Musah (I guess Bellerín and Gnabry shouldn't count since they aren't technically academy products). Balogun and Nketiah but not the same level as all the guys you talk about. Reiss Nelson of course, though...and the aforementioned Trae Coyle who looked a massive prospect at Nwaneri's age.
All of all the prospects that got away still feel Musah is the one that we might regret. He just looks like the perfect modern 8 to me if he reaches his full potential. To me you can see the quality of a player with how they play on the half turn, their movement and touch, Nwaneri and Duberry just have that it factor. Also liked the little I have seen of Lewis Skelly. Looks like he can develop into a devastating athlete.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nwaneri is the black Phil Foden, identical player.

Be surprised if we keep hold of him and Lewis-Skelley, practically everybody wants them.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nwaneri is the black Phil Foden, identical player.

Be surprised if we keep hold of him and Lewis-Skelley, practically everybody wants them.
Depends on the pathway afforded to them IMO. I wouldn't necessarily be surprised either but I expect them to stay.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nwaneri scored again today.

He’s an absolute star, Foden level talent.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not sure how good Lewis-Skelley is in comparison but Nwaneri just has ‘it’.

Definitely in the Wilshere/Foden mould.
Lewis-Skelly a bit more comparable to likes of Musah from what I've seen - been injured of late so not really been in and around team as much.

I think the most interesting thing about both of them is that they'll both still be schoolboys next season. Insane. Nwaneri in particular is heavily influencing games far above his age group. Seems to really have a decisive pass/shot in him, crucial.

Geofranco

Lewis-Skelly a bit more comparable to likes of Musah from what I've seen - been injured of late so not really been in and around team as much.

I think the most interesting thing about both of them is that they'll both still be schoolboys next season. Insane. Nwaneri in particular is heavily influencing games far above his age group. Seems to really have a decisive pass/shot in him, crucial.
The thing I like about Skelly and Nwaneri is that they both look built for their age. Not too small like Duberry(although he is a fighter) and not frail like Patino. They look like proper athletes too. I was watching a bit of skelly and he was reminding me a bit of Joe Willock, just his stride and power, but looks like more of a dribbler.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Endrick, Luís Guilherme (palmeiras), Pedrinho (corinthians) and Ethan Nwaneri (arsenal) shine in Montaigu's under 17 tournament. They will arrive at the respective senior teams shortly.

Not bad company there, Endrick looks like the biggest talent from Brazil since Neymar.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Ethan Nwaneri is the truth.

Also I do like Matheus Roberts. Interesting little player. Reminds me of Ramsey.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ethan Nwaneri is the truth.

Also I do like Matheus Roberts. Interesting little player. Reminds me of Ramsey.
Literally all the top clubs around will be trying to get him, we’ll do extremely well to keep hold.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Literally all the top clubs around will be trying to get him, we’ll do extremely well to keep hold.
Agree. Think it'll be worse than Musah. We couldn't keep him even with a pathway! 😭

Hopefully he's a Gooner or something :lol:

Cozier-Duberry again just so good on the ball and Saka like in his decision making.
He's another special talent IMO. Very under the radar relative to his talent.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Not exactly the right thread, but Elneny and Xhaka spent the day with the U-14's.

FRTEJzSXEAAT7Gg

Top Bottom