• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I’ve skipped the last ten pages but this is all Mikel’s fault.

If Klopp was our manager nobody would be talking about if the league was harder or easier, we’d be talking about trying to win it. :lol:

Didn’t this all start because one group tried to say Arteta has a harder job because the league is more difficult now?🤣 It’s always him!!!
Stealing my lines now? 🤣

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I’ve skipped the last ten pages but this is all Mikel’s fault.

If Klopp was our manager nobody would be talking about if the league was harder or easier, we’d be talking about trying to win it. :lol:

Didn’t this all start because one group tried to say Arteta has a harder job because the league is more difficult now?🤣 It’s always him!!!
It was a group, it was himself in an interview. Why are you always trying to change reality in your favour?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Mate it's all in your head, mate. What rot are you talking about?
He got 75 points the following season. Lost out to Klopp's Liverpool in the top 4.

75 points would get Arteta knighted.
If you think we didn't become worse between 2016 to when Wenger left that is up to you. Fact is that Wenger is now selling himself to FIFA for some extra bucks and we have a new manager. Time to move on! Like @Macho wrote, just have to sit out this era...

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Lol. Everything you heavily criticised in this post, you've let Arteta off the hook for. 5-0 thrashing by City, not a problem. Finishing 8th twice, that's OK. Finishing top 4, absolutely amazing. Just shown your psychotic rant at Arsenal previously finishing 2nd.

Just accept it. You were suckered in, and now after a couple of mid table finishes you're feeling a fool and reinvented yourself. No need to shoot the messenger. 😂
😄 My only regret is that the pressure wasn't piled on Wenger earlier. He was able to stay on for too long. Wish the ownership would have been more ruthless, but as long as he managed the CL spots he was safe. No, good riddance as far as I am concerned. He was paid more than well enough so no tears shed on my part! Over time I am sure you will revise your view on the Sun King also!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It was a group, it was himself in an interview. Why are you always trying to change reality in your favour?
Your hatred for Mikel is so strong that you’re attacking me even though we’re on the same side.

I’m not angry though, I love it, this is why you in the anti-Mikel world XI.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
😄 My only regret is that the pressure wasn't piled on Wenger earlier. He was able to stay on for too long. Wish the ownership would have been more ruthless, but as long as he managed the CL spots he was safe. No, good riddance as far as I am concerned. He was paid more than well enough so no tears shed on my part! Over time I am sure you will revise your view on the Sun King also!

Whatever the reasons for Wengers decline (and we could debate that for years :lol:) he was / is a man of high integrity and class.

That's something we all like to think is in Arsenal's DNA too, in that situation it was sorely lacking on the clubs part and I think it left a bitter taste in many of our mouths.

You can usher someone out the door without giving them a boot up the backside as they leave.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Whatever the reasons for Wengers decline (and we could debate that for years :lol:) he was / is a man of high integrity and class.

That's something we all like to think is in Arsenal's DNA too, in that situation it was sorely lacking on the clubs part and I think it left a bitter taste in many of our mouths.
You can be ruthless with respect, it just takes some vision. If you **** up and start panicking, people will inevitably get hurt.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Arsenal > Arsène!

I don't have a big problem with what you write, but Wenger has his flaws and I struggle to elevate him to something he really isn't. He was a great manager for us and my major gripe with him is that he didn't punch Maurinho out when he had a chance! Had he done that he could have stayed on forever as far as I am concerned!

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Arsenal > Arsène!

I don't have a big problem with what you write, but Wenger has his flaws and I struggle to elevate him to something he really isn't. He was a great manager for us and my major gripe with him is that he didn't punch Maurinho out when he had a chance! Had he done that he could have stayed on forever as far as I am concerned!

Well as much as I get painted as an Arteta lover I'd have happily been drinking the kool-aid in the Wenger cult. I loved Wenger 100x more than I do Mikel.

Things were declining in the last couple of years but to me at that time he still had massive credit in the bank for his previous achievements.

I'll never care about anyone related to Arsenal as much as I did Arsène and I think quite a few people on here are probably of a similar sentiment on that front.

But yeah of course, he was great but he wasn't perfect. He made errors of judgement and maybe got bogged down in idealistic views at times. But even his flaws were like 'Good' flaws to have if you have to have them :lol:

Probably most non-Arsenal fans won't have Wenger down as one of the best managers of all time based on metrics like trophies, that's fair enough. But for what we needed as a club for the vast majority of his spell here there was no-one in world management that could have done the job as well, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Good riddance? Ha! Of course he should have gone earlier. For those of us who loved him, watching ****** like you and DT spout your hate filled abuse on social media was hard to take ngl. But seeing you fawning over Arteta as if he's the 2nd coming for achieving less than what you once despised, is very amusing bro. Every cloud has a silver lining.:lol:

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Probably most non-Arsenal fans won't have Wenger down as one of the best managers of all time based on metrics like trophies, that's fair enough. But for what we needed as a club for the vast majority of his spell here there was no-one in world management that could have done the job as well, in my opinion.
That is a huge shame. He’s one of the great managers. If he could have just converted on two or three more occasions, he’d be top three or something. It seems to me the timing of the stadium purchase (apparently it cost more than expected so perhaps it was handled poorly) really ****ed Wenger and the clubs commercial ascent tbh. It’s not talked about much but it seems like the biggest mistake in the club’s history to me.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

That is a huge shame. He’s one of the great managers. If he could have just converted on two or three more occasions, he’d be top three or something. It seems to me the timing of the stadium purchase (apparently it cost more than expected so perhaps it was handled poorly) really ****ed Wenger and the clubs commercial ascent tbh. It’s not talked about much but it seems like the biggest mistake in the club’s history to me.

I've been saying for quite a while that I think Wenger keeping us top 4 in the early post Emirates years is the greatest accomplishment of his career, even above the Invincibles (that spell is worth 3 league titles to me, in real terms)

People used to laugh at me for saying it, but I'm not sure they would now.

Yeah, Wenger's career needs to be looked at pre and post Emirates move really. It's probably the most pivotal moment in the clubs modern history and it kind of screwed us really, coupled with Abramovich changing the ownership landscape 3 years previously. It was a double whammy really :(

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom