• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

DasBootist

Nelson getting Pepe minutes ain’t gonna do him any good. The boy needs to play and develop. He is behind in experience to a lot of players his age. He needs stability and play week in week. This is the first season he does it
I concur. My hope is he takes Pepe's place in the squad but isn't treated like Pepe was. Arteta loves Hale End

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think we sell him, and I don’t think he comes back here. I think we’ll extend his deal another year (again) and loan him to a more competitive team/league. Maybe back to the Bundesliga.

He suffers from the same thing Sancho does, they’re too nice, not enough dog in them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Nelson smart he should make his move to Feynoord permanent just look fully settled Dutch league is fun for attackers have 1-2 more good season and get your move to better team

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He should get a lot more than Pepe's 21/22 minutes next season since we will be playing European football
Is it enough though? He's only just started to get into a rhythm physically and in terms of end product. That has to factor into his next decision as a player. It looks like he'll angle for a stay at Arsenal anyway so he will need to sign a new extension and then leave to go on loan again - possibly even back to Feyenoord given that Sinisterra is sure to leave and Reiss could easily move into that LW spot where he feels more comfortable. I think there are quite a few things he could look to do - if he wants to continue developing his end product then going back to Germany is a good idea, but I also think he could consider a slight position change given he identifies himself as an attacking midfielder who plays wide, so a move to a team who'll play him centrally is also an interesting idea. I find that Nelson is far better when he's heavily involved in the game rather than on the fringes.

Staying at Arsenal is a big risk. Who does he displace in the XI to get consistent minutes? LW might be gettable, but with Martinelli AND Smith-Rowe there already rotating, it's tricky unless ESR plays more minutes at #8 but that would necessitate Nelson coming in and immediately proving to be a force at LW for us. Being Saka's backup sounds OK in theory with Europe on the horizon but realistically how often is Saka likely to be dropped, given Arteta's insistence on using him whenever possible? Then there's my idea of Nelson moving to midfield. I think it's potentially a good change - slightly less emphasis on end product and more on his combination play, ability to dribble in tight spaces and technical security. He's much better at winning duels now also and is a stronger defender since this loan. But that's a stretch when we can buy someone who's already a midfielder, let alone the CMs we have coming up.

It's tricky for Reiss, he needs to think carefully about his next move. If he still doesn't want to leave Arsenal (and if Arteta is monitoring him) then extension+loan is the best bet, but I think a harder league has to be considered.

Last edited:

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Is it enough though? He's only just started to get into a rhythm physically and in terms of end product. That has to factor into his next decision as a player. It looks like he'll angle for a stay at Arsenal anyway so he will need to sign a new extension and then leave to go on loan again - possibly even back to Feyenoord given that Sinisterra is sure to leave and Reiss could easily move into that LW spot where he feels more comfortable. I think there are quite a few things he could look to do - if he wants to continue developing his end product then going back to Germany is a good idea, but I also think he could consider a slight position change given he identifies himself as an attacking midfielder who plays wide, so a move to a team who'll play him centrally is also an interesting idea. I find that Nelson is far better when he's heavily involved in the game rather than on the fringes.

Staying at Arsenal is a big risk. Who does he displace in the XI to get consistent minutes? LW might be gettable, but with Martinelli AND Smith-Rowe there already rotating, it's tricky unless ESR plays more minutes at #8 but that would necessitate Nelson coming in and immediately proving to be a force at LW for us. Being Saka's backup sounds OK in theory with Europe on the horizon but realistically how often is Saka likely to be dropped, given Arteta's insistence on using him whenever possible? Then there's my idea of Nelson moving to midfield. I think it's potentially a good change - slightly less emphasis on end product and more on his combination play, ability to dribble in tight spaces and technical security. He's much better at winning duels now also and is a stronger defender since this loan. But that's a stretch when we can buy someone who's already a midfielder, let alone the CMs we have coming up.

It's tricky for Reiss, he needs to think carefully about his next move. If he still doesn't want to leave Arsenal (and if Arteta is monitoring him) then extension+loan is the best bet, but I think a harder league has to be considered.

As his father, its your job to help him make that decision.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I understand him wanting to make it at Arsenal but at some point he's got to look at how he wants his career to develop and to do that he's going to need to maximize game time over the next couple of seasons. He's not going to get those number of minutes at Arsenal.

To me he should look to move to a Feyenoord level club on a permanent deal or we extend his contract and send him out on loan to a similar level club in Germany or France or wherever.

It kind of concerns me he's in the comfort zone at Arsenal to be honest. He needs regular minutes for his own good. Potential only lasts so long. He's 22 now. Time to make a mark.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He's started out fairly poorly at Feyenoord. My Feyenoord friends only recently have become happy with his performances. He's finally adding some output to his game.

I think the best for him would be to stay at Feyenoord another year. Possibly just sell him for a nominal fee with a big sell-on (and buyback) clause. Time to cut the umbilical cord and see if he can do it on his own.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he’s willing I’d offer him an extension and send him back to Feyenoord, believe the current deals expires next year.

He’s still quite an inexperienced player and he’s finally getting a run of games. Unless Arteta can work some magic then hanging around on the fringes of the first team would be the worse thing for him.

Rattata

Feel like we would make a mistake if we sell him in summer. Reminds me of Gnabry after the olympics.

People saying he doesn't have PL quality should remember that he scored 7 goals in Bundesliga as a 19 year old.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
A LOT needs to happen for Nelson to remain at Arsenal IMO. I'd love it too for sentimental reasons but we'll have to see come the Summer. I'd be surprised (and pleasantly intrigued) if Arteta moved to keep him.

If Nelson is smart, he goes to a team in need of his skills, preferably in a more central-ish role. He needs to continue this run of games and it's unlikely he does that at Arsenal unless he comes back from Feyenoord, absolutely blitzes everyone in preseason 3 times over and convinces Arteta to start him at either LW or one of the 8 roles (they will never bench Saka) and even then, Arteta might still bench him.

We'll be in Europe next season and Saka is going to burn out if we don't have some sort of cover for him. Pepe will most likely be going and Nelson would be a perfect squad replacement on either flank to fight it out with Saka and Martinelli. Pre-Season will be so so important for him. He MUST impress.

Top Bottom