• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I never said Xhaka is defensively superior lol, just that he's better. Massive difference.

We'll see. But I've seen enough of him to know that he isn't that he'll struggle with his defensive tasks. Belgian national team proves it too.
Xhaka is worse defensively his massive decision making errors put your defense under pressure more than he relieves pressure on him. Basically his durability, professionalism, and passing range on left foot are the few elite things about him. If you dropped Xhaka and replaced him only with Tielemans your defense would improve. Every statistic except for aerial defense has Tielemans as mediocre as he is significantly better than Xhaka. No joke Xhaka’s defensive stats are league 1 level.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Xhaka is worse defensively his massive decision making errors put your defense under pressure more than he relieves pressure on him. Basically his durability, professionalism, and passing range on left foot are the few elite things about him. If you dropped Xhaka and replaced him only with Tielemans your defense would improve. Every statistic except for aerial defense has Tielemans as mediocre as he is significantly better than Xhaka. No joke Xhaka’s defensive stats are league 1 level.
People think Xhaka is good defensively only because he is tall and sometimes gets mad a kicks someone recklessly

Farzad Stoned

People think Xhaka is good defensively only because he is tall and sometimes gets mad a kicks someone recklessly
I’ll be honest I am still a huge Wenger fan but the two players he kept the faith with Mustafi and Xhaka broke me. I don’t believe I have any more knowledge than any other fan who has followed the club for almost 25 years; but it was so painfully obvious these two were not high level premier league quality it drove me mad Arsène didn’t see it. The fans don’t want to hate on a committed pro who takes real physical pain and injuries for 6 years for the club, it pains me to disrespect the guy because of this. But facts are facts, and the reason he has been hated on by a contingent of his own team’s fans is for good reason his objective performance. Despite his commitment to the cause he is a deeply limited player.

Farzad Stoned

"When Wenger first signed him he said something that was quite remarkable. He paid £35million for him and said he couldn’t believe the player can’t tackle. I can’t imagine my career without being able to tackle.” - Martin Keown

This quote was back in 2017, Wenger picking Xhaka and buying him for 35 million and then admitting the defensive midfielder he bought for 35 million 6 years ago couldn’t tackle is mindnumbing. This was the time I started to lose faith in what the club was doing. By the way I think Martin is the best ex player analyst, and the single best person to comment on tackling. He just trashes his tackling and decision making, 4 years later has anything changed?

Badger_Revenge

The day Arteta figured out how to lay out the team so that Xhaka was not receiving the ball facing the goal keeper, he stopped making boneheaded mistakes that cascaded through his whole game. He has never been solid enough with the ball or quick thinking enough for that role at the base of the midfield. I think having two center backs and a goal keeper that can distribute the ball helps a ton.

He's solid going forward though, and he is more of a positional defender than a tackler. In fact, given his propensity to see red mist, I prefer Xhaka not to tackle.

Tielemans is probably a replacement for him, if anything - either for squad rotation in Europe, or if Xhaka moves on this summer.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
The day Arteta figured out how to lay out the team so that Xhaka was not receiving the ball facing the goal keeper, he stopped making boneheaded mistakes that cascaded through his whole game. He has never been solid enough with the ball or quick thinking enough for that role at the base of the midfield. I think having two center backs and a goal keeper that can distribute the ball helps a ton.

He's solid going forward though, and he is more of a positional defender than a tackler. In fact, given his propensity to see red mist, I prefer Xhaka not to tackle.

Tielemans is probably a replacement for him, if anything - either for squad rotation in Europe, or if Xhaka moves on this summer.
We might just see that red mist on Thursday 😬

scytheavatar

Established Member

Yet both Emery and Arteta came to the conclusion that Xhaka provides more defensive stability than fan favorite Torreira does...... Xhaka is not stable defensively but he at least doesn't leave holes in midfield that many lesser midfielders do. Tielemans belongs to the same mound of low football IQ midfielders who doesn't know how to position themselves.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Hasn't Xhaka told that he doesn't follow any public media? I assume he doesn't read AM.

Are you saying Xhaka is a liar, and he indeed reads AM?

In any case, everyone knows Xhaka stays here next season. So who of those in the know would be distracted? Xhaka? :D And surely Xhaka doesn't want better team-mates to compete for success with? I think Tielemans can be used as Ødegaard cover too.

Btw. have you ever read the Tottenham thread on this forum, and seen what I have said there?

Your whole post is total nonsense. Sounds pretty paranoid. :lol:

I also think that you are not a Tottenham fan. It was not directed to you specifically.

I know that Xhaka is irreplaceable. I am not against bringing a new CM or 2 or 3 CMs and reinforcing the squad. I didnt watch this guy closely and carefully so I have no opinion of him. Hopefully the new players who come to Arsenal will be decent players and Xhaka does not have to carry them as he usually does. With Arsenal reaching the top 4th I am aware that Arsenal needs more players and I am always pro new players with the hope that they will help the squad and club to achieve their goals.

Farzad Stoned

Yet both Emery and Arteta came to the conclusion that Xhaka provides more defensive stability than fan favorite Torreira does...... Xhaka is not stable defensively but he at least doesn't leave holes in midfield that many lesser midfielders do. Tielemans belongs to the same mound of low football IQ midfielders who doesn't know how to position themselves.
Except he bags goals and assists and key passes and with Xhaka we have to be happy with long pretty switches to either fullback or wing. Tielemans doesn’t lead the league in turnovers leading to goals, penalty kicks and red cards since he joined the league. Arsène or Jesus or Buddha could give Xhaka the seal of approval and I still think he is hugely deficient, I am not a death cultist if my eyes, my brain, and the stats say someone is bad at their job they probably are.

By the way did you read my quote fro Keown saying Arsène bought Xhaka for 35 million then was surprised he couldn’t tackle. Xhaka and Mustafi made me lose faith in Wenger, anyone tells me Xhaka is competent at his job or Trump is an honest and eloquent public speaker or any other load of bollocks then require an argument that Arsène and and his national team coach likes him as validation makes zero difference to me. Maybe he shouldn’t of spent 35 million in 2016 transfer money on a defensive midfielder, then a year later admit he can’t tackle. His numbers are championship numbers defensively

Farzad Stoned

I also think that you are not a Tottenham fan. It was not directed to you specifically.

I know that Xhaka is irreplaceable. I am not against bringing a new CM or 2 or 3 CMs and reinforcing the squad. I didnt watch this guy closely and carefully so I have no opinion of him. Hopefully the new players who come to Arsenal will be decent players and Xhaka does not have to carry them as he usually does. With Arsenal reaching the top 4th I am aware that Arsenal needs more players and I am always pro new players with the hope that they will help the squad and club to achieve their goals.
Lol Chaka carrying the team is that what he does when he gets sent off or gives up needless dangerous free kicks. Partey does everything but burp Xhaka and dress him for the match in midfield

ArsenalDeku

My main concern with Tielemans is how does operate on the left which is where he would effectively be replacing Xhaka. From what I've seen he prefers to operate on the right and most of his goals contributions come from there.

Unless the plan is for him and Ødegaard to swap sides throughout the game but in that case Ødegaard hasn't come across to the left throughout this season which suggest he doesn't like to operate in that area of the pitch.

The concerns defensively and athletically are valid but are vastly exaggerated while his strengths would add to the side overall. Would be in the bigger games where his weaknesses might become more apparent.

Good player. I'd be ecstatic if he came in as one of 2 in midfield.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'm not sure. Technically fine but I wonder if we need a bit more pace and physicality. Tchouameni or someone more like Camavinga would be nice.

Goonger

I'm not sure. Technically fine but I wonder if we need a bit more pace and physicality. Tchouameni or someone more like Camavinga would be nice.

I asked this on another thread but does anyone know anything about that Danilo lad from Palmeiras we were linked with at the start of the year.

Just earned himself a Brazil call up, & seems highly rated. Maybe @El Duderino?

From this description could he fit the bill?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I asked this on another thread but does anyone know anything about that Danilo lad from Palmeiras we were linked with at the start of the year.

Just earned himself a Brazil call up, & seems highly rated. Maybe @El Duderino?

He's a bit young and our academy players aren't getting the management they need. He'd be another for the future even if I like his profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom