• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 62 50.0%
  • No no at all

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters

Malky

Established Member
Did you forget all the international football he's played over the past 2.5 years?
Think you're reaching quite a bit. Like the Euros in the summer, he only played something like 3-4 hours of football - started 3 games and was subbed in every one, didn't once complete a full 90 mins, plus he was subbed on in the final. Since the Euros he's only started 2 games for England and came on as a sub in another.
Hardly been run into the ground here.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Had to switch wings against Tyrick Mitchell and found it difficult vs Sessegnon.

He needs to learn quickly how to deal with these sorts of fullbacks or we could be in trouble as we’re heavily reliant on him.
He shouldn’t be expected to do what we expect him to do each week. Very good all-around winger but not an elite dribbler like Mahrez, crazy explosive like Sterling or both like Zaha. It’s a failing of our system when we’re expecting him to regularly beat the better fullbacks in the league on the dribble.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Arteta’s inflexibility is really pronounced in situations like yesterday. His priority is getting as many players he trusts on the pitch regardless of whether they can actually do the job or not.

That’s why big squad, small squad, 1 competition or 3 doesn’t really matter with him. Saka has been limp for ages now and got by on penalties but there’s been no respite for him.

Didn’t have to be this way, but you and I have discussed it to death.
The sad thing is that if he was actually a fair manager both Pepe AND Saka would be playing better right now.

There are so many reasons why I don’t rate this manager tbh.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeah think he's a shoe in for this if he's in there tbh. Foden is his only real competition and you gotta lean towards especially with his prominence with England.
Competition is stacked for me, there are like four deserving winners.

Mount, Foden, Saka, Trent and Rice could all win it.

I’d give it to Trent though, Foden has already won it and you can make a case for Trent literally being the best in his position in the world. How does he not win a young player award?:lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He shouldn’t be expected to do what we expect him to do each week. Very good all-around winger but not an elite dribbler like Mahrez, crazy explosive like Sterling or both like Zaha. It’s a failing of our system when we’re expecting him to regularly beat the better fullbacks in the league on the dribble.

It’s actually the same for Martinelli too. Our play has become predictable for opposing defenders, they’re just expecting that ball in behind so Martinelli can make that run off the RB since he’s not someone who’s comfortable with dribbling with the ball. The variety and unpredictability of those players you listed was one of the key reasons why I wanted a wide player in the last 2-3 windows and that still hasn’t changed.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Mount meh.

Trent and Rice I forget they are kiddies and aren't really referred to as such unlike our babies.
Mount is the youngest ever player to get double digit goals and assists in Chelsea’s history.

Not to be sniffed at for sure. But yeah Trent for me.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Average final. Chelsea done well to organize themselves after so poor first 15 minutes. Liverpool didn't took advantage

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Mount is the youngest ever player to get double digit goals and assists in Chelsea’s history.

Not to be sniffed at for sure. But yeah Trent for me.
Mount is sick but there’s just no way he wins it ahead of Saka tbh not this season. Rice is sick too but what has he and West Ham actually done? Saka beats him too.

Trent should beat all of them, but it’s not an accolade I even care about.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think you're reaching quite a bit. Like the Euros in the summer, he only played something like 3-4 hours of football - started 3 games and was subbed in every one, didn't once complete a full 90 mins, plus he was subbed on in the final. Since the Euros he's only started 2 games for England and came on as a sub in another.
Hardly been run into the ground here.
The guy is getting constantly kicked and that do play a part. Think a lot defenders have started to give him more attention this season and most times he's always playing against the odd having to beat tow players just to get near the box.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s aight. Attackers have up and down form, otherwise they are Messi. Out of ideas maybe, but looking flat due to fatigue is an excuse exclusive to Saka in this team.

Talking generally btw, Sp**s game not sure what people wanted him to do.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Must be playing injured, he was brilliant up until the Leeds game.

Arteta killed any chance of rotating him though, by not playing Pepe after he won us the Wolves home game.

Cheers, Mikel :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I mean we all saw that coming he look done since matchday 30. Few penalties against utd and Chelsea were nice but he not showing himself he can't run he look always done around 75 minutes.

Can you blame him? Absolutely not he been overplayed and need massive rest

Top Bottom