• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

shoot for the top

No way to sugar coat the game today tbh, that was a shambolic performance. Inconsistency is obviously going to be a thing with a young manager + young squad, but these kinds of games need to become more of a rarity that they are now. Losing is one thing, but looking basically out of the game from kickoff against a team already on the beach is inexcusable. If nothing else, the actual football - especially the attacking side - needs to seriously improve next season. Too many games where you just looked out of ideas.

Still think he's done a good job this season but there needs to be significant improvement next season if he wants to be the manager to take you to another level. The question is what's his ceiling as a manager, and that's objectively not something we know right now. The people above clearly believe in him, so we'll have to see if it pays off.
He has been here for 3 seasons. Where is the improvement?

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Every moment this clueless cretin remains in his position is one that pushes us further into the football wilderness.

What aspiring player (with a spine & opinions of his own!) wants to come & play for this tw*t save the few who have come because joining Arsenal actually put them on the map His choices were clearly players who are malleable & wouldn't question his fascist-like hold on authority?!!

He's thoroughly unlikeable, lacks any grace, humility & thinks he's on the road to greatness.

He's been exposed as the no-mark we all KNEW he was.

And this ****ing fanbase (most of it anyway) has proven itself to be nothing more than a hivemind of mindless drones at his beck & call.

How the hell he keeps bewitching them is a mystery?

Why him? Because of the Pep connection? Did that make him viable as an option?

He's NOT even a legend of the club FFS! He was a good player in our peak banter years (which he seems hellbent on bringing back as if we've not had enough of them...the ****!!!).

This would be like if Sp**s brought back Etienne Capoue to be their manager a decade from now!

Ideally, he's sacked now before the team reach London. Not likely.

He needs to be sacked tomorrow & we can give the final match to Kate Bush for all I care!!

Just go out & get Potter or Vieira the moment the season's over. We can't risk going into the new season with this avatar of destruction!!

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Yes, you are right, we are inconsistent, however, I expect inconsistency with young players. Consistency comes with experience and to play at the highest level week-in week-out is a massive ask for some of our 20-21 year olds.
Yeah maybe, I can get that. And I hope that's the issue.

But for me personally I'm seeing too many of the exact same issues we saw with Arteta in his 1st half a season in charge. So that's 2.5 years under his belt, complete overhaul of the squad, hundreds of millions spent and yet the same issue. For me personally that points not to issues with inconsistent young players per se but more underlying issues with the manager.

Also I actually feel like a lot, if not most, of our young players have regressed (or at least stagnated) this season. Or maybe it's appears that way because they're getting more game time and hence a bigger sample size to judge them on. But for me I don't think Saka, Gabby, KT etc.. have looked as exciting as in seasons gone by. ESR started the season well but has been fairly poor since January.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Arteta's interview- says Newcastle were much better than us. He explains the performance by saying Newcastle were much better and that we had nothing in the game. He says we couldn't cope with the game we had to play abd says he was worried from the start. Disappointed that Newcastle were 10 times better. He's stunned. He didn't answer about how many players weren't 100 per cent. He talks about the amount of injuries. He says there's always a chance but he was shell shocked.
His inexperience has cost us. Wenger was able to nurse his youngsters. It's frightening that Arteta is slow to learn. 6 defeats in the last 11. A lot of money spent. He's gambled and fallen flat on his face and taken the club with him. He has no pedigree or experience to call on. He's got 6 months to save his job now. Neville is saying the media won't let him make excuses.

Harsh, he's had many of the youngsters talk about how much of a good coach he is and he actually had us competing for 3rd place at one point with 3 games to go. To come from rock bottom of the league at one point to compete for 3rd with a young erratic team is quite impressive if you ask me.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Every moment this clueless cretin remains in his position is one that pushes us further into the football wilderness.

What aspiring player (with a spine & opinions of his own!) wants to come & play for this tw*t save the few who have come because joining Arsenal actually put them on the map His choices were clearly players who are malleable & wouldn't question his fascist-like hold on authority?!!

He's thoroughly unlikeable, lacks any grace, humility & thinks he's on the road to greatness.

He's been exposed as the no-mark we all KNEW he was.

And this ****ing fanbase (most of it anyway) has proven itself to be nothing more than a hivemind of mindless drones at his beck & call.

How the hell he keeps bewitching them is a mystery?

Why him? Because of the Pep connection? Did that make him viable as an option?

He's NOT even a legend of the club FFS! He was a good player in our peak banter years (which he seems hellbent on bringing back as if we've not had enough of them...the ****!!!).

This would be like if Sp**s brought back Etienne Capoue to be their manager a decade from now!

Ideally, he's sacked now before the team reach London. Not likely.

He needs to be sacked tomorrow & we can give the final match to Kate Bush for all I care!!

Just go out & get Potter or Vieira the moment the season's over. We can't risk going into the new season with this avatar of destruction!!
It's clear Josh is clueless with zero business acumen. Typical of folks born with a golden spoon in their mouth. He think's he's playing 5D chess by backing a rookie with more money and authority than any of our previous managers. Utter madness. Baffles me to see a top club behave like this.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Ultimately goal was EL, looking at when they announced his contract. It sucks for us as with a competent manager who is able to manage his players we could be in CL now and rebuilding quickly. But that was never the plan.

I absolutely despise Arteta for the awful person he is though, that will never change.
This club is rotten from the board... They couldn't believe the 4th were there for the taking so they give it the new contract like nothing. They don't care about winning, only their money. But it's in fans to keep supporting them and believing all the lies about Bumteta. People wants to believe in the fancy millenial having a successful career because they feel reflected on him.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
this.
I don't want to play 541 and have 20% possession at home against Norwich.
I don't want to see Saka benched because Cedric offers balance as a wingback.
Conte is not an Arsenal manager, we have good taste and class.

People dont seem to get this concept. They believe that Conte is some cutting edge manager.

Absolute nonsense, Conte is the last thing we need at this club, especially after Wenger.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Yeah maybe, I can get that. And I hope that's the issue.

But for me personally I'm seeing too many of the exact same issues we saw with Arteta in his 1st half a season in charge. So that's 2.5 years under his belt, complete overhaul of the squad, hundreds of millions spent and yet the same issue. For me personally that points not to issues with inconsistent young players per se but more underlying issues with the manager.

Also I actually feel like a lot, if not most, of our young players have regressed (or at least stagnated) this season. Or maybe it's appears that way because they're getting more game time and hence a bigger sample size to judge them on. But for me I don't think Saka, Gabby, KT etc.. have looked as exciting as in seasons gone by. ESR started the season well but has been fairly poor since January.
But that is what you get with young players. They are very erratic until they mature and play consistently week in, week out. I watched this team outplay Man City this season (shoulda won that game). We beat Chelsea at the Bridge (Current CL holders). We beat Man Utd on the back of the Chelsea win. To do that with such a young squad shows potential. What has the manager done wrong?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It's clear Josh is clueless with zero business acumen. Typical of folks born with a golden spoon in their mouth. He think's he's playing 5D chess by backing a rookie with more money and authority than any of our previous managers. Utter madness. Baffles me to see a top club behave like this.
But shouldn't his Dad step in when one of his investments is gushing money out the door? Six years of no Champions League football.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom