• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
When you go for tools and no character players that's what you get. He wants to be a dictator with players without ego (because he uses all the space with his giant ego) so you get this, nervous players in big moments. This is where players with the character like Douzy shines. Yes maybe they are a little bit hard to handle, but that's his job as manager to handle egos and winner personalities like Henry and other invencibles were at sometimes.

Wih young players, you need stability, calm heads who encourage them on the pitch and off it. I don't agree with having too many egotistical players. Henry's ego and personality were great at times when playing but it didn't get him far when he was manager at Monaco. The players lost respect for him so it's more about stability in the dressing room for me.

• Red card
Reactions: Kav

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

Yea...Even though Mou is a much much better manager than Arteta. I can't get over how he treated Arsène.
+ the bullying.

Atleast Arteta just freezes you out/doesn’t bother with you.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
What's well? Finishing top 4? That's a bit meh considering how much has been invested.
Getting players in will be tough. Arteta doesn't have a pull and he seemingly falling out with players all the time. That will make it hard to attract good players.

This is a real concern.

Gabby Jesus looks like he has been convinced, Hickey too. Good players but not enough to take us up a level IMO. Once we start pushing for players like Gnabry, Osimhen, Ruiz/Neves, then we will see what tonight's loss means for us.

But Ill say it again... if we push for big targets, and we get them... beware of this possibilities for our team.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Mourinho is the one manager where I pick Mikel everyday of the week.

Mourinho gets top 4 though, then holds it over us forever like the demonic creature he is.

Yeah.

Though Mourinho as our manager, means I leave AM for forever though.

Probably a good trade for everyone, tbh.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Was waiting to see where we ended up at the end of the season while willing to give him a pass for our average performances if we achieved top 4, but with today's loss, I can't feel too optimistic with him in charge.

Not only was the result poor, the manner of the performances in the two biggest games of our season is what was disgraceful. Not to mention, we haven't had a comfortable/comprehensive performance since the Norwich game in December.

I feel that if Arteta had the makeup of a potentially elite manager, he would have found a way to get the results needed. One might say we overachieved by even being in with a shout, but you'd figure any manager worth his salt would have gotten the points required to qualify for the CL under any means necessary given the favorable position we were in.

Everyone bar a select few assumed Sp**s would lose against Pool, but Conte (not saying he was right for us) set his team up expertly and was able to secure a result at Anfield which gave them momentum and confidence heading into the NLD. Arteta needed to have the team ready for these season-defining fixtures, but it didn't happen.

Ultimately, though, the buck stops at the board. I've said it numerous times now, but Arteta would not have received better offers elsewhere; manager of Arsenal FC was the best job he was going to get. I understand that EL was their target for this season, but handing out an extension prior to the conclusion of the season, when there could still be much variance in mood and confidence within the club and fanbase based on how the campaign ended, was not it.

*Hope Sp**s Sp**s it against Norwich to make this age like milk (not going to hold my breath tho).

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We have greatly strengthened Sp**s position going forward also. Without CL, Sp**s were definitely not going to spend heavily, and hence, I think Conte was gone. Potentially he stays around now.

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

Yeah.

Though Mourinho as our manager, means I leave AM forever though.

Probably a good trade for everyone, tbh.
Lol personally don’t pick Mourinho in any trade. I don’t hate him but stay away from Arsenal please.

Atleast with Mikel he played for us and he means well.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I was replying to a comment about Wenger in my original post that you quoted.

But to your point, how can you say you had little to play for when you were literally 2nd, behind by 2 points with 9 games to go? Come on fam.

DFlUVuf.png

Wenger and the team genuinely just **** the bed. it happens, but it was still terrible.
The title was between Man Utd/Chelsea by the time we played against Bolton, Stoke, Aston Villa and Fulham where we took 1 point out of 12. That was the winless run you criticised Wenger for, but that’s different to being in the race for a a CL spot like Arteta.

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

If you took an anonymous poll of each manager's former players, I promise you that Mourinho would have a higher percentage of players who like him.
You’re probably right tbh. Willian loves him till this day actually. Relevant cause he’s played under both.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
This is a real concern.

Gabby Jesus looks like he has been convinced, Hickey too. Good players but not enough to take us up a level IMO. Once we start pushing for players like Gnabry, Osimhen, Ruiz/Neves, then we will see what tonight's loss means for us.

But Ill say it again... if we push for big targets, and we get them... beware of this possibilities for our team.

Go to sleep, bro.

MartiSaka

It will be curious to see how Arteta recovers from this. After Baku its been said that confidence in Emery amongst the players was lost. Is this a similar situation?, not so sure, but its a possibility

MartiSaka

This is a real concern.

My feeling is that we cant even get Jesus without CL (but could be wrong) given he probably has quite a few clubs to chose from. It will be probably be a window of some more young players like Hickey.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I look at our games and see something entirely different. Stats support what I see. More goals conceded, lack of chances, tracking similarly to our disastrous last season. Today's game is a great example of the culture he's building at the club. Off the pitch, he falls out with too many players and then we're forced to sell them for peanuts.

So he shouldn't fall out with his CAPTAIN when he turns up late for training? He shouldn't fall out with prima donnas like that Özil? Nope, no time for people like that. Let them go to Man Utd with their attitude.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It will be curious to see how Arteta recovers from this. After Baku its been said that confidence in Emery amongst the players was lost. Is this a similar situation?, not so sure, but its a possibility
What I saw from the players today was ten times worse than Baku. They looked like they had never played football before. Ramsdale who I've had a lot of time for all season may have had the worst half I have ever seen from a goalkeeper at any level and you should remember that I grew up playing football here in America.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom