• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
A-M has fell off. It’s nothing but a personality contest these days. That 40m that Aston Villa were offering us would have been some heist.
Are you really saying ESR should of been sold to Villa? Xhaka plays here for 6 years and ESR is the one who should be gotten rid of for leading the team in goals at 20? Wow!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Are you really saying ESR should of been sold to Villa? Xhaka plays here for 6 years and ESR is the one who should be gotten rid of for leading the team in goals at 20? Wow!

For 40m - yes. Everyone has their price in this squad, nobody is irreplaceable including the manager.

Well, it makes sense why you’re trying to over exaggerate that “leading the team in goals” as you did say this was the strongest league since the birth of Desmond Tutu.

🤦🏽‍♂️

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Oh my god ESR is a kid that leads team in goals and today our forwards had zero service but we should be as upset with him as Hindenburg Xhaka? By the way no one said the other guys played great or should be immune to criticism. Only reason Chaka gets fairly criticized is that it is apparent to most fans that he is just not good enough.
He didn't say they were more at fault than him. He got asked if the team's **** performance was due to inexperience and basically said that's no excuse for young players not to show for the ball or not play as instructed.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He didn't say they were more at fault than him. He got asked if the team's **** performance was due to inexperience and basically said that's no excuse for young players not to show for the ball or not play as instructed.
What he said was wrong and so is what the manager says. Experience matters and the club has let the young players down putting them in situation they are not ready for

Farzad Stoned

For 40m - yes. Everyone has their price in this squad, nobody is irreplaceable including the manager.

Well, it makes sense why you’re trying to over exaggerate that “leading the team in goals” as you did say this was the strongest league since the birth of Desmond Tutu.

🤦🏽‍♂️

No I suppose the league was better when Real and Barca kept winning the CL. But nice whataboutism, seriously your apologism for Xhaka, and changing the subject to irrelevant unrelated subjects has convinced me you missed your calling, you should have a Fox News show. Rowe should be sold, but let’s not criticize the guy that leads the league in red cards and giveaways leading to goals over the last 6 years that would be unfair, lol.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Every single match since Partey got hurt we have been dominated in midfield. Xhaka and El Neny lack pace and skill and get played through by every side. If someone tells me about Arsène and his national team coach loving him and that is why he is good, I might just go bananas. This is the worst Arsenal midfield I have ever seen when Partey is hurt.

In many ways the refs hurt us but Arteta cost us the champions league. He threw away or never gave a chance to players like Saliba, or Guendouzi and he too casually threw away Auba. Even Mari why let him go in January, we lost this cl berth because we had to rely on Cedric, Holding, and Xhaka and they are not up to snuff. No team that Xhaka can start on is CL quality. He couldn’t start on any other 10 Premier league side, he makes Fred and Hojberg look like Vierra and Keane. Arteta is a big reason we have too thin a squad. He badly bottled his man and squad management, let’s hope he learns from his 60 million pound mistake

Saliba wasn't ready for EPL. Even at Marseilles hes had the odd aboslute howler game, but will be much better for a full season. Guendouzi has fallen out with every coach bar Emery and his current one, including on loan last year. He still has a lot of idiot moments, but they love a bit of angry passion in Marseilles. Good player, shame to lose him so cheaply, but a guy who isn't good with tactical discipline.

Auba? Had started phoning it in (like he always does after a few good seasons) and more importantly even when he wasn't he was consistently underperforming his xG, while not doing enough to help the kids. Good start at Barca, but they're already questioning the signing after things have dropped off. Mari? MARI?! He would have played like 3 games, and mostly against teams too quick for him.
And Xhaka? His level is consistent EL with some patches of CL quality. His limitations are obvious, but equally he's always important in our best performances.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Oh my god ESR is a kid that leads team in goals and today our forwards had zero service but we should be as upset with him as Hindenburg Xhaka? By the way no one said the other guys played great or should be immune to criticism. Only reason Chaka gets fairly criticized is that it is apparent to most fans that he is just not good enough.
Get over yourself. ESR (who I still think will be top draw if he can sort out fitness issues) was a ghost tonight, and looked overwhelmed. Xhaka was trying to put out fires, and played in 3 different positions.

Xhaka is below our aspiration level, but like it or net he's good enough for our current level, assuming we have an equal or better player (ie Partey) alongside him

Farzad Stoned

Saliba wasn't ready for EPL. Even at Marseilles hes had the odd aboslute howler game, but will be much better for a full season. Guendouzi has fallen out with every coach bar Emery and his current one, including on loan last year. He still has a lot of idiot moments, but they love a bit of angry passion in Marseilles. Good player, shame to lose him so cheaply, but a guy who isn't good with tactical discipline.

Auba? Had started phoning it in (like he always does after a few good seasons) and more importantly even when he wasn't he was consistently underperforming his xG, while not doing enough to help the kids. Good start at Barca, but they're already questioning the signing after things have dropped off. Mari? MARI?! He would have played like 3 games, and mostly against teams too quick for him.
And Xhaka? His level is consistent EL with some patches of CL quality. His limitations are obvious, but equally he's always important in our best performances.
Is he CL quality when he leads the Pl in red cards and giveaways for goals last 6years? Is he Cl quality when every single team since Partey’s injury plays through him like a hot knife through butter. If he is such an elite player why has he been dominated in two months straight by teams of all levels? He is Championship level defensively not Champions league, go look at his defensive stats they are comical this season screw championship without his left foot he is a league 1 leg breaker with no foot speed

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Laughing here to be honest.

Xhaka suddenly the best midfielder cause he's shown balls in an interview? Nah fam, he's rubbish just like Nenners and useless injury prone Partey.
At least El Neny is a squad player, can't blame him for the drop of level.

We need 3 midfield signings this summer, and no traffic lights or oil tankers FFS get us the old footballing Arsenal back please.

Also do a huge analysis on Tomiyasu/Tierney. Don't want these paper players here. Can't rely on them.
They really stayed home.

Farzad Stoned

I will resume it. S A C K T H I S P R I C K!! He is awful. The sooner he goes the faster we can fix the midfield. Not a coincidence Wenger went out of CL once he arrived.
I honestly think Arsène thought Xhaka would get better. Let’s remember Xhaka was 23, Arsène had a history of developing young players, well Xhaka is worse, his stats just get poorer and poorer as he gets slower. I think if Wenger knew how Xhaka would not only stagnate but get worse and anger a large segment of the fanbase that already was not happy, I don’t think for a second if Arsène had a chance to buy Xhaka again he wouldn’t do it knowing what transpired. I know Xhaka and Mustafi made me doubt everything else Wenger was doing.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Laughing here to be honest.

Xhaka suddenly the best midfielder cause he's shown balls in an interview? Nah fam, he's rubbish just like Nenners and useless injury prone Partey.
At least El Neny is a squad player, can't blame him for the drop of level.

We need 3 midfield signings this summer, and no traffic lights or oil tankers FFS get us the old footballing Arsenal back please.

Also do a huge analysis on Tomiyasu/Tierney. Don't want these paper players here. Can't rely on them.
They really stayed home.
This is so dumb and sums up this stupid club. A squad player can be rubbish and you can only have good starting 11. It’s the same excuse holding and el neny gets every year. This is why we get nowhere every year and Arteta used injuries as an excuse. Newcastle has more injuries than us ffs.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Question to the people who didn't want him sold. Was it worth keeping him and missing out on Bruno? Bruno who by the way has more G\A in half a season than white Elneny and scored the dagger to ensure we didn't have a chance to get back in the game. Was it worth it??

African Flair

Funny fella this. He really thinks he's in a position where he can rip at his own team with the history he has? Countless of time he have let them all down with some stupid ****. Being sent off or gifting goals away in some dumb fashion. Give me a ****ing break. Just shut up and leave man Mr. **** Off.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I honestly think Arsène thought Xhaka would get better. Let’s remember Xhaka was 23, Arsène had a history of developing young players, well Xhaka is worse, his stats just get poorer and poorer as he gets slower. I think if Wenger knew how Xhaka would not only stagnate but get worse and anger a large segment of the fanbase that already was not happy, I don’t think for a second if Arsène had a chance to buy Xhaka again he wouldn’t do it knowing what transpired. I know Xhaka and Mustafi made me doubt everything else Wenger was doing.
I think these were Gazidis buys. Wenger failed to win the title in 2016 and Gazidis put his foot down. Yaaay.

TheKippaxYears

Sheikh City
City fan here, who occasionally passes through. Well disposed towards your club, dislike Tottenham fairly intensely (I've got my own reasons). Ok?
Not trying to butt in or anything. But do you guys think Xhaka should have gone public on that? I think it's no bad thing to have a fairly senior player say that kind of thing in the privacy of the dressing room. It's putting it out through the media that's the problem for me. If anything, it's for the manager to make that kind of comment publicly. And even then, the negative fallout from players may make it not worth it. Mourinho did it regularly, and it was often like a pistol that blew up in his hands.
Just wondering what you think…

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

City fan here, who occasionally passes through. Well disposed towards your club, dislike Tottenham fairly intensely (I've got my own reasons). Ok?
Not trying to butt in or anything. But do you guys think Xhaka should have gone public on that? I think it's no bad thing to have a fairly senior player say that kind of thing in the privacy of the dressing room. It's putting it out through the media that's the problem for me. If anything, it's for the manager to make that kind of comment publicly. And even then, the negative fallout from players may make it not worth it. Mourinho did it regularly, and it was often like a pistol that blew up in his hands.
Just wondering what you think…
He's never got top 4 since he joined Arsenal. Let the heat get to him as he knows he never will now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom