• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Fabregasm

**** sakes, still quite down this morning after our loss last night. Staying completely away from all social media today.

We had our chance this season, and we didnt take it. That hurts.
Can't recall the last time I was this hurt over the club. Even when we finished 8th back to back I wasn't giving much **** about it.

There's so much horrid this season. Getting pipped to 4th spot by our biggest rival. Meltdown game at White Hart Lane. Losing 3 games to mid tier teams when we had 4th spot firmly in our bag and then the calamity showing at St James Park when we needed to win. Not forgetting mid season discarding of Auba and brutal trimming of squad when we needed the cover. We had so much chances to re-establish the team back firmly into top 4 this season.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think so much rests on whoever is going to end up in that striker position. When you really consider that the main difference between us getting top 4 or not was most notably Tottenham have Harry Kane and to a slightly lesser extent Son and we were desperately trying to scrape by for the most part with Lacazette and Nketiah - both whom I think really tried but just don't have that kind of quality.

When it really mattered against us, City and Liverpool etc. They had the physicality up front to literally bully their way to a goal and we didn't.

Yes, absolutely.

Who we bring in upfront will make a massive difference going forward. I hope the club are pushing extremely hard for top quality in that area.

I'm quietly confident we will get our deals done and improve this team dramatically. Arteta and team will also take these hard lessons and improve things ahead of next season.

Last edited:

GLITCH

Can't recall the last time I was this hurt over the club. Even when we finished 8th back to back I wasn't giving much **** about it.

There's so much horrid this season. Getting pipped to 4th spot by our biggest rival. Meltdown game at White Hart Lane. Losing 3 games to mid tier teams when we had 4th spot firmly in our bag and then the calamity showing at St James Park when we needed to win. Not forgetting mid season discarding of Auba and brutal trimming of squad when we needed the cover. We had so much chances to re-establish the team back firmly into top 4 this season.
You, and many of us were given renewed hope. You wouldn't feel so bad if CL was lost after Palace, Southampton and Brighton.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Great post. I agree with the points brought up here, especially the part about him lacking the ability to proactively fine tune what works instead of hitting a brick wall and ostensibly starting over. It reminds me of when I play FM and my tactic stop working, I tend to just throw it out the window and go for something completely different :lol: Not really sustainable in real life.

The first part of your post is why I still think Arteta should be given time, but it feels like there's a lot of posters on here who don't even acknowledge that part or simply don't believe it. On the pitch it has been naive at times, rigid and lacking ideas, but off the pitch he's done great work from all reports.

Genuinely believe that if he can improve as a manager in terms of tactical nuance etc, he'll be top class. But it's a big if, and I get why some people don't believe in it. I'm just not sure what other option there is right now, and I'm definitely sure sacking a manager who has the backing of the dressing room when he hasn't performed below expectations won't sit well with the squad.
Just human nature, we don't believe something is possible until we see it. There's also a lot of Arsenal fans who were suffering with imposter syndrome while we were in 4th place so the mood right now feels very "I told you so ish". I get it, I'm one of them. I know as a West Ham fan you can relate.

when the dust settles we'll probably settle for keeping what you built in summer and adding genuine quality to the 2 or 3 specific areas which were sticking out like a sore thumb for so long.

The downside s all the sides above us have elite managers and are very likely to invest heavily, as will Newcastle, who if they get off to a bad start, will probably replace Howe with someone like Poch.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
The downside s all the sides above us have elite managers and are very likely to invest heavily, as will Newcastle, who if they get off to a bad start, will probably replace Howe with someone like Poch.

It's a downside for sure, but I actually think you're in a decent position as a club when you compare yourself to the clubs around you. There are so many clubs in various degrees of turmoil with constant transfer rumors for key players leaving, the Chelsea situation is.. unique, Man Utd a an utter mess and it wouldn't surprise me if they need more than one season to bounce back proper.

If nothing else, you have stability. It is very easy for you to add without subtracting. As you said, there are glaring weaknesses that need to be filled. For all the negativity Arteta gets on here, I doubt many wouldn't agree that you'd easily have gotten 4th this season if you had Harry Kane up front.

This is what it came down to in the end in my opinion; the clubs currently above you have undeniable world class talent on the pitch with the ability to grind results out through sheer quality. You can get away with a lacking overall team when you have Kane and Son putting in masterclass after masterclass. As high as I rate a player like Saka, I still think he's a level or two below players like Kane and Son. And I ****ing hate Kane, but his ability is undeniable.

I'm really intrigued to see what you look like next season with another round of investment. If you manage to bring in proper quality up front, there's no reason why the football shouldn't improve. If you bring in quality attacks and you stay relatively injury free, and the results and football don't improve, then yes, he should definitely be replaced.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Just thought about something: The Tetasexuals has blamed injuries to a large extent but yesterdays starting eleven only missed two real starters: Partey and Tierney. You might say Martinelli aswell but he was available for selection. So we played like **** in this cup final (sort of) because we missed 2 players?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yes, absolutely.

Who we bring in upfront will make a massive difference going forward. I hope the club are pushing extremely hard for top quality in that area.

I'm quietly confident we will get our deals done and improve this team dramatically. Arteta and team will also take these hard lessons and improve things ahead of next season.
They can say what they like about targets pre season this was ultimately a missed opportunity. The fans know it, the club know it. In January top 4 should have been the bare minimum target. For me it feels like the club need to deliver something early in the window to get me back on side.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Mancini, Zidane, Pochettino for starters. The Kroenke's are clueless, know nothing about football and easily fooled so his work behind the scenes is a moot point tbh

Yes to both. Pochettino is every bit a bottler as our turgid neighbors. The man actually said trophies build egos which simply proves he does not possess the mentality to succeed.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
I'm really intrigued to see what you look like next season with another round of investment. If you manage to bring in proper quality up front, there's no reason why the football shouldn't improve. If you bring in quality attacks and you stay relatively injury free, and the results and football don't improve, then yes, he should definitely be replaced.
Doesn’t matter who we sign up top, Arteta can’t coach an attack. Bring in Lewandowski tomorrow and he’d struggle for goals.

Are you forgetting we had a world class goal scorer in Auba? Arteta paid him 7mil to play for Barcelona and score plenty of goals.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

This has all the hallmarks of Stockholm Syndrome.

He keeps going on about his "wife" whenever I hear his drivel on the arseblog arsecast, but I'm certain he lives in Tets' basement in a manner similar to that poor bastard in that actress's flat in "Audition" with Tets regurgitating every other day to keep him sustained until the next matchday.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
A bad start next season and Arteta is gone I think (and fear as Utd fan).

To be honest, qualifying for the CL was only going to buy Micky Art another 6 years.

We got CL football last few years and achieved literally nothing because of it. Fans make far too much of the Top 4 Trophy.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Doesn’t matter who we sign up top, Arteta can’t coach an attack. Bring in Lewandowski tomorrow and he’d struggle for goals.

Are you forgetting we had a world class goal scorer in Auba? Arteta paid him 7mil to play for Barcelona and score plenty of goals.

Why are you ignoring the fact that Auba was missing good chances weekly and then started causing problems behind the scenes? It wasn't Arteta, the guy was genuinely missing great chances to score on a weekly basis and looked completely out of form.

Also, he's scored 12 in 22 for Barca and turns 33 in a month. It baffles me that people are still crying over this guy, yes he was a great goalscorer but there's more to the striker role in the modern game than being a poacher, and that was always an issue with Auba. You got out of a terrible contract and a dressing room problem. That's how I see it at least.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

A positive spin on this crap but he’s got kids and was managing during such a tough COVID period so it’s blessed.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I ****ing hate garbage twitter **** like this, only made to get likes and retweets.

Eddie Howe lost 37% of his games this season. Spent 125m in January.

Arteta and Pochettino also have very similar win percentages. It means very little without context, but I guess it makes for great engagement on Twitter.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom