• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 241 84.3%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

Malky

Established Member
Yes we will he have 2 years left he going nowhere. Saliba in PL would have destroyed his all confidence considering the amount of mistakes he made this year and the guy just look lost in crosses you think your fans would be forgiven?

About him staying and not buying white like you mentioned well its same thing this summer we'll be forced to buy good defender because we have little depth.
what I'm saying is spending that £50M on a CM would of got us a far superior player to Lokonga. It was madness to have a £30M CB on loan then signing another £50M CB while doing a squad rebuild.
Like you said, Saliba's had his mistakes this season, but it's not like White has been excellent, we haven't exactly sent Saliba on loan and left ourselves with the far better player.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

what I'm saying is spending that £50M on a CM would of got us a far superior player to Lokonga. It was madness to have a £30M CB on loan then signing another £50M CB while doing a squad rebuild.
Like you said, Saliba's had his mistakes this season, but it's not like White has been excellent, we haven't exactly sent Saliba on loan and left ourselves with the far better player.

Preach, I said preeeeach! A lil louder for the pagans at the back too.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Massively overpaying for Ben White when we had Saliba is the standout **** up from last summer. Dreadful stuff.
Saliba will be watched by every top club in Europe now, i'll be surprised if we hang onto him.
What are you even talking about? The plan for Saliba was to loan him to a PL club to get him playing every week or close to it and Ben White came in with more PL experience than Saliba so they knew what profile he had and how he would perform in this league. Saliba was still an unknown. Pretending you would know Saliba would hit the ground running in the PL is asinine, tbh.

The good news is that we have 3 good CBs. Unfortunately, our starting LB and RB are made of glass.

I can already see what happens next season. Saliba plays in a more physical league, gets injured, and you'll start blaming Arteta for that.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
It's absolute bonkers that in the covid market we had 150m and still decided to shop within the PL and drop 90m on 2 overpriced English players, madness.

Malky

Established Member
What are you even talking about? The plan for Saliba was to loan him to a PL club to get him playing every week or close to it and Ben White came in with more PL experience than Saliba so they knew what profile he had and how he would perform in this league. Saliba was still an unknown. Pretending you would know Saliba would hit the ground running in the PL is asinine, tbh.

The good news is that we have 3 good CBs. Unfortunately, our starting LB and RB are made of glass.

I can already see what happens next season. Saliba plays in a more physical league, gets injured, and you'll start blaming Arteta for that.
We signed White for £50M because he was more PL experienced than Saliba with his one season of PL football playing in a back 3? :lol:
Where exactly did I say he'd hit the ground running? Obviously he would have his problems, but its not like White has been perfect, is it? We spent £50M on him just to leave ourselves with Elneny and Lokonga as our CM options, that was the bigger concern. Personally I'd rather see the club spend the White and Lokonga money on a quality, starting, CM and let Saliba develop here.
By the way, this isn't hindsight. I said this when we signed White.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

But we now have four center backs, and a goal keeper who are all under the age of 25 and have a year's playing experience, barring Saliba of course. I don't understand how this is a bad thing?

Its not an either, or situation. We need to upgrade all over the pitch. Whether we start with CB's this window and move to CM's the next, or do it the other way around is immaterial IMO.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
But we now have four center backs, and a goal keeper who are all under the age of 25 and have a year's playing experience, barring Saliba of course. I don't understand how this is a bad thing?

Its not an either, or situation. We need to upgrade all over the pitch. Whether we start with CB's this window and move to CM's the next, or do it the other way around is immaterial IMO.
Apart from the fact you might still want to optimise your ability to win games in the mean time while arteta undergoes his ultimate 5 year plan. The argument is that the difference between saliba and white at cb shifts the performance needle far less than if we had an elite midfielder partner for either partey (when fit) or xhaka (when partey is not fit) this year.

GunnerShy

Also hard to imagine Saliba couldn't play at left CB as well as Gabriel. Or is he excluded on the basis of not being left footed 🤣

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The problem is we as a club are too obsessed with young players. Feck me 'youngest team in league' is now like a trophy these days ffs.

As long as Arteta continue to buy guys like Hickey, Lokonga, etc then A-M will continue to give him more leeway regardless of performances.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Arteta needs to come out and say Saliba will be in the squad next season and he will be staying at Arsenal. No dodging questions. No vague answers. Arteta needs to fix this and if it means licking his ass and handing him another 40k a week to add another year to his contract so be it.

We need him.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Arteta needs to come out and say Saliba will be in the squad next season and he will be staying at Arsenal. No dodging questions. No vague answers. Arteta needs to fix this and if it means licking his ass and handing him another 40k a week to add another year to his contract so be it.

We need him.
He doesn't need to say anything until they're getting ready for next season. Nothing needs fixed. Fans with agendas running wild with their imaginations.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He doesn't need to say anything until they're getting ready for next season. Nothing needs fixed. Fans with agendas running wild with their imaginations.
He needs to make it clear that Saliba is part of the plans for next season. Who has an agenda? An agenda because I don't want vague bullshit answers and uncertainty all summer about will he stay or won't he?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The problem is we as a club are too obsessed with young players. Feck me 'youngest team in league' is now like a trophy these days ffs.
Nah, too many people are obsessed with the age rather than the quality. I'll take 20year old Cesc over Xhaka any day, I'd take 21y old Adebayour over Laca, and would do the same for young Nasri, RvP, Reyes, Rosicky... Age is now just an excuse for Arteta and the club, but our problem is a lack of quality

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Who is “ we “? Trying to belittle someone’s opinion on here because of their avatar when yours is a cartoon hedgehog? :lol:
****ing jog on, Sonic.
You're melting down over a joke, bro. :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom