• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

And 2 world class strikers.

Tbf we had one demonstrably world class striker in Auba who fell out with Arteta.

We also have a very good quality forward in Saka (I'd say almost world class too). We really have had some tools there to create a good attack but it's one area in which Arteta hasn't done enough imo.

We'll see what happens if he's able to get his striker target(s) but it's not just personnel for me, tactically we need to become better at attacking as a team.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
He's spent so much money on the defence, but I swear it hasn't improved. We still leak goals. Hopefully, when he spends another £150m on the midfield and attack, they actually improve.
Do you not remember Kolasanic and Mustafi, or some of Sokratis' attempts to pass the ball, maybe some of the Luiz brainfarts. Hes spent a bit on the defence but it had a very low starting point tbf. It needed/needs investment.

I think key now is to get in one good striker at least, and improve the midfield. If we cant use the midfield to create enough chances without Partey we will struggle again.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
And 2 world class strikers.
One world class striker. And you had a very good striker who scored goals before Arteta was manager and decided to heap a load of pressure on a young kid Nketiah (sp?).

Arteta is clever. He’s doing the whole “But I’m using just kids” which he knows the media loves and it will give him time in the job. But these kids - Ben White, Ramsdale; as two examples. They’re not good enough to challenge for the big trophies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
You guys are really trying to talk yourselves into saying we had the players that were above and/or on the same level as Kane and Son? I am literally losing brain cells reading this ****. Even with Auba we were lacking compared to them. Saka is possibly on his way to being world class but he's not playing at that level consistently.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
We have a young team though. You will get erratic results and inconsistency with young players. It was a massive ask to expect CL football from them but boy did they try. They will learn from this. It's our more experienced players I'm more disappointed with TBH. They haven't stepped up enough when needed. The youngsters outshone the more experienced players. We need more experienced winners in this team IMO, players who can turn it on when the stakes are high and being linked with the likes of Dybala (multiple scudettos) and Gabriel Jesus (multiple premier League and cup winner) is a step in the right direction.
What you need to understand is that YOU WILL get erratic performances from young players. Wenger during his tenure always talked about consistency and maturity when blooding the youngsters. Overall, they have outperformed our more senior players who they should beable to turn to when the chips are down. We didn't get enough of that plus an injury to key players at key points in the season to Partey and Tierney didn't help.
If you use that excuse on failing to win the league or challenge the league then I understand. But not for top 4. Arteta built that team to challenge for top 4 and now that Man United are in worst season then it only makes sense that this Arsenal squad should be taking advantage and achieving top 4 spot.

If Sp**s had Conte from the start of season with Kulusevski while United perform like last season then Arsenal this season wouldn't stand a chance to challenge for top 4. That's why this is your best chance.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
In 20 years time you’ll still get Arteta fan boy weirdos still saying “but he won the FA Cup that time back in 20-whatever it was”.

It’s dangerous using an FA Cup win as a barometer for anything. Roberto Martinez won it, so did Harry Redknapp. Robbie Di Matteo lucked out and won the CL.

You can’t judge managers on any one-off cup competition wins. Sure, if Arteta goes on to win the FA Cup and Europa next season then he’s done well and will have earned his time in the job.

Time will tell.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
You guys are really trying to talk yourselves into saying we had the players that were above and/or on the same level as Kane and Son? I am literally losing brain cells reading this ****. Even with Auba we were lacking compared to them. Saka is possibly on his way to being world class but he's not playing at that level consistently.
If you’re literally losing parts of your brain I would definitely get to A&E very quickly.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
This is what I think Sp**s & Arsenal combined XI:

Son Kane Saka
Ødegaard
Xhaka Partey
Tierney Gabriel Romero Tomi
Ramsdale/Lloris​

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

This season should’ve been arteta at the peak of his powers. It actually doesn’t get easier as arsenal manager. No Europe, out the cups early and full backing from the board. Yet all he’s managed to deliver is more excuses than ever at arsenal fc, ugly football and fights with players

Latest posts

Top Bottom