• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
He's still a year younger than Allison was before he became first choice at a European club, At the same age Mendy had never played a top flight game in any league. Jose Sa was a reserve in Portugal.

His first season at a big club. Lets give him time
He will never be as good as Alison. Alison is an assured, complete keeper who inspires confidence in his defence.

Ramsdale is a nervous wreck (something he will never change) and passion merchant and so suspect at getting down at the near post. Has he ever even saved a penalty for us? Or got close to one? Seems like it’s always a goal for the opposing team when we concede one.

I felt sorry for him at the start of the season when he was being doubted majorly by the fanbase and felt he deserved a fair crack of the whip. I have seen enough this season to know he is not the keeper we need if we want to get back into the top 4 and go beyond that.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What I said about him when he first arrived is coming true. Great shot stopper but his over pumped cockiness will get him into trouble. His clearances are now wayward, he's flapping at crosses and panicking his defence. Bring back Leno.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Made some big saves, wasn't his fault we lost. Understandably nervous.

Never been a fan of his antics though ngl, if someone gets that high and visibly full of themselves when it's going good then that's not a good sign. Not that I am a psychology expert just saying he's a bit of a clown at times.
It's a good thing for goalkeepers to be a bit wild personality wise. It's the spot where communication and attitude matters the most on the pitch. Oliver Kahn was batshit crazy on the field.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

It's a good thing for goalkeepers to be a bit wild personality wise. It's the spot where communication and attitude matters the most on the pitch. Oliver Kahn was batshit crazy on the field.

Dont mention Kahn in a thread about Ramsdale, please.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

There's crazy and there's getting cocky or buying into his own hype which is what I am (probably wrongly) assuming.

Lehman was crazy but he never struck me as cocky he was consistent with his energy and mannerisms through the highs and lows. I worry what Ramsdale looks like when he's downtrodden and not getting the praise he's enjoyed so far at Arsenal.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Leno should've kept his place for Palace after his performance in the Villa game. Ramsdale has been shaky ever since that injury, and Leno is a very good GK who will now almost certainly leave, giving us another problem to solve that we didn't need.

Ramsdale has still had an excellent first season, so we need to maintain perspective.

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
It’s sickening to see people gushing over such an average keeper.

He will get shown up before the end of the season. Then his fans will say he’s a young keeper still learning and make excuses for the future poor performances. :facepalm:

Posted this in October. I wouldn’t mind being wrong about this one but Like clockwork the excuses are out.

That aside I see why people like Ramsdale and to be honest he has a lot of potential but of right now I think he’s an average keeper. He’s not stopping the shots he should be stopping yet he’s making some very good saves on occasion.

I honestly can’t figure him out as yet. There are certain players you can gauge their trajectory. With him he looks very average in his positioning and his decision making but his reflexes are good except when he’s shifting his weight. He tends to get stoned and can’t move but that will improve with better anticipation which comes with experience.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Dont mention Kahn in a thread about Ramsdale, please.
Funny you should mention Kahn, I posted this 2-3 pages back.

At Ramsdales age,

Schmeichel was at Hvidovre
Zoff was at Montova
Peter Shilton was flirting between Division 1 & 2 with Leicester
Gordon Banks was at Chesterfield
Kahn was at Karlsruher
Seaman was at Birmingham
van der Sar was 2nd choice at Ajax
Alisson was 2nd choice at Roma

He has been poor and very shakey lately but a keeper who is solid and consistent at that age is as rare as hens teeth.

I know everyone is hurting but rather than slating the players in my opinion the debate we should be having is whether a young keeper, probably 4-5 years from their prime should be undisputed number one at a club like Arsenal. The same discussion should be had with a number of our players and especially the man in the dugout.

albino

He will never be as good as Alison. Alison is an assured, complete keeper who inspires confidence in his defence.

Ramsdale is a nervous wreck (something he will never change) and passion merchant and so suspect at getting down at the near post. Has he ever even saved a penalty for us? Or got close to one? Seems like it’s always a goal for the opposing team when we concede one.

I felt sorry for him at the start of the season when he was being doubted majorly by the fanbase and felt he deserved a fair crack of the whip. I have seen enough this season to know he is not the keeper we need if we want to get back into the top 4 and go beyond that.
Total bollox, may i suggest you watch him live and as you know him personally cus he is a nervous wreck! speak to him and advise him on changing his mentality, and advise him when training him how to be better at getting down to shots at his near post!! Because the England keeper coaches dont see a problem, but they may be ****e as well so shall i give you Southgates number.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Total bollox, may i suggest you watch him live and as you know him personally cus he is a nervous wreck! speak to him and advise him on changing his mentality, and advise him when training him how to be better at getting down to shots at his near post!! Because the England keeper coaches dont see a problem, but they may be ****e as well so shall i give you Southgates number.
Happy to be proven wrong…sadly I don’t think I will be.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Who cares where Alisson, Kahn etc... were at 23. Its pointless. The point is Ramsdale is here now, and he keeps acting like a spanner. When he first came here, he was quite, just got on with his job, probably playing on adrenaline.

Now, his head has got too big. Constantly shouting at the players infront of him, always wants to be involved, rushes out, leaves big gaps in his goal and is generally just a bit of a ****house. Goalkeepers should be calm, he's all over the place.

albino

Who cares where Alisson, Kahn etc... were at 23. Its pointless. The point is Ramsdale is here now, and he keeps acting like a spanner. When he first came here, he was quite, just got on with his job, probably playing on adrenaline.

Now, his head has got too big. Constantly shouting at the players infront of him, always wants to be involved, rushes out, leaves big gaps in his goal and is generally just a bit of a ****house. Goalkeepers should be calm, he's all over the place.
Watch him live, totally different to TV coverage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom