• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Yes, you did. They were allowed to continue after dropping standards.
The **** you on about? We sacked Wenger because he dropped out of top four and wasn't on course to get it back by the middle of the next season. Meanwhile your boy Tet is stinking up the place for the third season in row and looking to continue his streak into the fourth season.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
The **** you on about? We sacked Wenger because he dropped out of top four and wasn't on course to get it back by the middle of the next season.
Cursing at me and then ultimately agreeing with me. You're weird af :lol:

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

This is going to be a long bitter off season where I stew and think about how badly Tets bottled the CL. Brutal, sheer agony for me every time I think about football from now till first match day, oh well at least I won’t have to watch bottom half teams dominate our midfield for a few months. I literally feel what fans of garbage clubs feel, nothing but resignation, and joy every time we get the ball for more than 10 seconds. Please no one say we got Europa league to look forward to it is better than no matches but Europa league is like being voted the tallest Pygmy, yay I guess.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
No point taking to you. If you think we have a top 4 starting 11 and squad there's no point continuing this debate.

Finishing 5th and then having 450M invested into the squad over 3 years and still not being top 4 quality squad. That's on Arteta and Edu. Also great coaches outperform perceived squad quality. Squad doesn't look top 4 quality because they're playing under an incompetent coach. Same **** happened with Chelsea, where they went from bums to CL champions under Tuchel. Same with Sp**s, went from 7th to 4th when Conte took over halfway through the season.

Arteta stans will never face reality.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Where did I curse at you or agree with you? You really are losing brain cells. Assuming you had any in the first place.
Is this a pisstake? I hope you're being obtuse for the sake of the troll because otherwise..

giphy.gif

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Finishing 5th and then having 450M invested into the squad over 3 years and still not being top 4 quality squad. That's on Arteta and Edu. Also great coaches outperform perceived squad quality. Squad doesn't look top 4 quality because they're playing under an incompetent coach. Same **** happened with Chelsea, where they went from bums to CL champions under Tuchel. Same with Sp**s, went from 7th to 4th when Conte took over halfway through the season.

Arteta stans will never face reality.
450 million😂😂😂

Mohamed7

I don’t know why some of you keep bringing Arsène finishing guaranteed 4th since 2006. Remember, from 2007/08, we had a title challenging squad that only lacked a quality, physically and aerially dominant CB as well as a physical, quality DM to win the title at least twice in those 7 seasons that followed. But he massively under achieved and finished top 4.

The seasons after that we lost so much quality and had to get rid off the poor signings with high wages from AW era.

We have progressed very well this season after signing some quality players like White (slightly overpaid), Tomi, Ødegaard, and Ramsdale.

But there are two key positions Arteta messed up. Firstly, it was not adding a quality CM to partner Partley (or Xhaka in the absence of the Ghanian). A number 8 that’s great in distribution, dribbling, final third, with good pace - Attributes for press resistance CM. Instead, we signed Lukangu who isn’t not only unready for the top level but also too similar to Xhaka. The moment we face a somewhat good side playing proper high intense, high pressure, and well-orgainzed team we are easily blown away because of our slow midfielders who can’t progress the ball (except Partley) and offer next to nothing in the attack.

Secondly, the Auba situation. I didn’t disagree with the decision because how poor he had become after signing the new contract. However, we should have gotten a replacement in January. Constant goals for a half season from Martinelli/ESR and Saka was always too much to ask. Ødegaard isn’t a finisher and so are Partley, Xhaka, and Laca. We rode our lack till March.

As soon as Partley got injured, we ended up with poor midfield and final third. Added to our first choice fullbacks sidelined. In my opinion, we are very fortunate to finish 5th only because United imploded. Sp**s has a slightly poorer squad but their set up suited Conte very well. World class forwards that create and score out of nothing, negating lack of creative midfielders, and decent defenders which are helped by their numbers in the box.

I am not excusing our collapse in the last five days. It is inexcusable. Arteta shouldn’t have played to Sp**s’ strenght by going on the front foot. He should have gone with a back five, compact, and hit on the counter. That would have forced them to take the initiative and give us more space to exploit. Nevertheless, it happened. One of my worst Arsenal moment coupled with the performance and the result against the Magpies.

Despite of all that, on the grand of things, we have made a huge progress from Unai. We need to have another great summer signings by addressing the above two positions as well as adding good players on the bench. Another vital summer window ahead. It will tell where we are heading in the next two-three seasons.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I don’t know why some of you keep bringing Arsène finishing guaranteed 4th since 2006. Remember, from 2007/08, we had a title challenging squad that only lacked a quality, physically and aerially dominant CB as well as a physical, quality DM to win the title at least twice in those 7 seasons that followed. But he massively under achieved and finished top 4.

The seasons after that we lost so much quality and had to get rid off the poor signings with high wages from AW era.

We have progressed very well this season after signing some quality players like White (slightly overpaid), Tomi, Ødegaard, and Ramsdale.

But there are two key positions Arteta messed up. Firstly, it was not adding a quality CM to partner Partley (or Xhaka in the absence of the Ghanian). A number 8 that’s great in distribution, dribbling, final third, with good pace - Attributes for press resistance CM. Instead, we signed Lukangu who isn’t not only unready for the top level but also too similar to Xhaka. The moment we face a somewhat good side playing proper high intense, high pressure, and well-orgainzed team we are easily blown away because of our slow midfielders who can’t progress the ball (except Partley) and offer next to nothing in the attack.

Secondly, the Auba situation. I didn’t disagree with the decision because how poor he had become after signing the new contract. However, we should have gotten a replacement in January. Constant goals for a half season from Martinelli/ESR and Saka was always too much to ask. Ødegaard isn’t a finisher and so are Partley, Xhaka, and Laca. We rode our lack till March.

As soon as Partley got injured, we ended up with poor midfield and final third. Added to our first choice fullbacks sidelined. In my opinion, we are very fortunate to finish 5th only because United imploded. Sp**s has a slightly poorer squad but their set up suited Conte very well. World class forwards that create and score out of nothing, negating lack of creative midfielders, and decent defenders which are helped by their numbers in the box.

I am not excusing our collapse in the last five days. It is inexcusable. Arteta shouldn’t have played to Sp**s’ strenght by going on the front foot. He should have gone with a back five, compact, and hit on the counter. That would have forced them to take the initiative and give us more space to exploit. Nevertheless, it happened. One of my worst Arsenal moment coupled with the performance and the result against the Magpies.

Despite of all that, on the grand of things, we have made a huge progress from Unai. We need to have another great summer signings by addressing the above two positions as well as adding good players on the bench. Another vital summer window ahead. It will tell where we are heading in the next two-three seasons.
Lmao! An entire essay just to defend poor old Arteta. Your argument falls entirely apart when you claim that Arteta has made HUGe progress from Unai. The stats tell a different story:

Unai after 1 season. 70pts, EL finalist.

Arteta after 470M investment into that squad that finished 5th with Unai and 3 years to establish his style. 66pts (might get 69pts) and that’s with playing one game a week. So your claim is objectively false. Arteta has taken the team backwards after being handed unprecedented power and financial backing.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I hope one day we'll back to CL you never know there still mini mini hope. But realistically we aren't ready the team need lot more to get to that level. When a team can't beat Newcastle can't beat crystal Palace can't beat Southampton Brighton it's just safe to say CL dream might be premature

CL help you to attract very good players that right. But you know what can attract players? Money and we have that so use it.

Even Manchester United's resources are finite & we have but a fraction of their resources!

We should simply focus all our efforts into winning the Europa League next season.

He's done an amazing job but no one can convince me Geo Van Bronckhorst's team are any better than we are!

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Even Manchester United's resources are finite & we have but a fraction of their resources!

We should simply focus all our efforts into winning the Europa League next season.

He's done an amazing job but no one can convince me Geo Van Bronckhorst's team are any better than we are!
Next season is a “free hit” unless Arteta is sacked.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

The problem is some years the EL is super competitive. Atletico Madrid, Napoli, Chelsea etc.

Other years it's crap.

Next year it will probably be ourselves, United and the likes of Atletico and one or two other decent teams in it and the QF stage

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Lmao! An entire essay just to defend poor old Arteta. Your argument falls entirely apart when you claim that Arteta has made HUGe progress from Unai. The stats tell a different story:

Unai after 1 season. 70pts, EL finalist.

Arteta after 470M investment into that squad that finished 5th with Unai and 3 years to establish his style. 66pts (might get 69pts) and that’s with playing one game a week. So your claim is objectively false. Arteta has taken the team backwards after being handed unprecedented power and financial backing.
Yeah, next season we really have to kick on. If 'Project Arteta' is to be invested in, next season is pivotal. We lost far too many winnable games this season & only improved on last season by 5 points (could be 8). Not great.

When I say kick on, I mean go deep into Europa League (SF minimum), & be in the mix for top 4. Next season will be even harder with an improved Sp**s & maybe a more galvanised Utd.

Our signings this summer have to be right & they need to hit the ground running. Otherwise it's just carrying on like we are, having potential but ultimately not bring good enough.

The concern is tho that the board are happy to go along with Arteta & Edu, because they are regarded well but inexperienced & they believe it will eventually bear fruit. How long do we have to wait ???

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yeah, next season we really have to kick on. If 'Project Arteta' is to be invested in, next season is pivotal. We lost far too many winnable games this season & only improved on last season by 5 points (could be 8). Not great.

When I say kick on, I mean go deep into Europa League (SF minimum), & be in the mix for top 4. Next season will be even harder with an improved Sp**s & maybe a more galvanised Utd.

Our signings this summer have to be right & they need to hit the ground running. Otherwise it's just carrying on like we are, having potential but ultimately not bring good enough.

The concern is tho that the board are happy to go along with Arteta & Edu, because they are regarded well but inexperienced & they believe it will eventually bear fruit. How long do we have to wait ???
Personally I think we need to get CL next season. If not and we start the 2023/24 season in EL and we don't start the league great the doubts will be in the players minds that actually they will never play in the biggest comps or challenge here and will have moving, rejecting new contracts etc in their heads. Most of them will be 23-26 so entering their peak years.

It's abit boring going back to them but Liverpool didn't take 4 or 5 to play CL and look like competing. You don't have 10 years to get success at a club. 2 or 3 years max. Arteta needs to deliver CL next year or adios.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Personally I think we need to get CL next season. If not and we start the 2023/24 season in EL and we don't start the league great the doubts will be in the players minds that actually they will never play in the biggest comps or challenge here and will have moving, rejecting new contracts etc in their heads. Most of them will be 23-26 so entering their peak years.

It's abit boring going back to them but Liverpool didn't take 4 or 5 to play CL and look like competing. You don't have 10 years to get success at a club. 2 or 3 years max. Arteta needs to deliver CL next year or adios.
I hear you, but Liverpool had Klopp. An outstanding manager/coach & they bought extremely well.

They are the blueprint & have shown it can be done, but doing it is another thing entirely.

Getting top 4 is so so tough now. Its a much more competitive league.

Let's hope the players use this seasons disappointment as motivation!

Top Bottom