• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Where do we go from here?

Are the owners going to piss another 150m on the wall again?

The biggest mistake this club has ever made was giving Arteta that extension. It wasn't a bad thing in and of itself but they should have waited for the season to end and evaluated before making any decision. Now we can't sack. The club have no choice but to invest another gargantuan amount in the summer or else the manager will be a sitting duck. What even makes that decision even look worse now is that he was offered that extension after 3 consecutive losses.

This situation just creates apathy next season. This feels even worse than the Emery dark days.

Malky

Established Member
Arteta's not in top 4. The fact is he's failed from a coaching perspective. He’s not improved the defence, he’s not improved the team going forward and the style of play is still rigid and horrible to watch.

I don't know if the club can keep out investing City for this guy, but they're wasting their money..
2.5 years with all that money spent and him not improving us defensively is a disgrace. Considering we no longer play exciting attacking football having a solid defensive setup should be the bare minimum of his coaching.... and he's failed.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
2.5 years with all that money spent and him not improving us defensively is a disgrace. Considering we no longer play exciting attacking football having a solid defensive setup should be the bare minimum of his coaching.... and he's failed.

The vast majority of his signings have been defensive players as well lmao. Going to lose it when he spends 100m on fullbacks and CBs when he decides he doesn't like Nuno or Saliba.

Malky

Established Member

The biggest mistake this club has ever made was giving Arteta that extension. It wasn't a bad thing in and of itself but they should have waited for the season to end and evaluated before making any decision. Now we can't sack. The club have no choice but to invest another gargantuan amount in the summer or else the manager will be a sitting duck. What even makes that decision even look worse now is that he was offered that extension after 3 consecutive losses.

This situation just creates apathy next season. This feels even worse than the Emery dark days.
Arteta knows he's untouchable here. No manager gets an extension after 3 straight defeats in the manner we did, but yet here we are.
Arteta talked some bollocks about changing the culture when he took over. So how does getting rewarded for failure change any ****ing culture?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If we're sticking with Arteta then yeah there's no choice.

The squad isn't what it should be whether we like Arteta or not. I said last summer I didn't want him to spend any money and he should be sacked, but that's what we've done and we're kind forced to go through with this now.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Unacceptable numbers

These are all kids that are playing basically their first season as consistent starters (second for Saka) and an absolutely finished player who wasn't great to begin with. They were always going to have spells like this.

The decision to spend the majority of the money on keepers and defensive players is what cost us this season, not these guys.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
The decision to spend the majority of the money on keepers and defensive players is what cost us this season, not these guys.

yeah I thought we ****ed up in the summer window and nothing I've seen this season changes my mind on that. We'd have been much better off making more offensive signings.

GLITCH

What did he actually do that deserves a mention?

I can mention a few things... like taking Sp**s out of competition on purpose, exiting domestic cups early, getting to one game a week, whining about not being good enough and offering himself up to PSG before stumbling into the top four because of our ****ups.

Elitness.
Quite honestly, I agree with what you've said. He steadied them, and made them more resilient, but had we done our bit, I doubt he'd be getting much praise. Instead, we gift-wrapped 4th place.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Look on the bright side, if it goes tits up next season they have a 6 week break without any games due to the World Cup where they can make a change.
I'm really interested in how the world cup changes the dynamic. Will we get players putting in 80% so they don't get injured?

Top Bottom