• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Back Lac Or Sack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He may not be the player he once was, but still a great teammate and and pro for the young players.

First one celebrating with Eddie for his second, love that.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I am not a fan of Laca, but the guy is extremely professional and selfless

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
As Laca reaches the end of his career at Arsenal, how are people feeling about his transfer and time at Arsenal overall?

I remember getting a bit of stick for saying back when you signed him that I thought he was about on par with Giroud, just a bit different in playstyle etc. I'd actually be hard pressed to say who 's had the better Arsenal career. Giroud probably had better support around him, which made him a bit more consistent outside of his infamous months long goal drought.

Personally I feel like you definitely overpaid, and given how much you decided to spend on another CF shortly after getting Laca in, I think people at Arsenal would probably agree that paying that much was probably a mistake in hindsight. You basically paid around £50m for a fringe starter, which is an overpay no matter how you look at it.

Still, he seems to be quite well liked by Arsenal fans and it looks like he's taken on an important role in guiding the young players coming into the club in recent years, which is hard to put a price on.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

As Laca reaches the end of his career at Arsenal, how are people feeling about his transfer and time at Arsenal overall?
Will be very mixed.

As one of the few on here positive about Laca, this season was a hard watch for me. Things he used to be good at have just vanished and he looks out of place in this young team.

That Auba thing is a common misconception though, we had lost 3 attackers in Sanchez, Giroud and Walcott so a striker who can play across the front 3 was always coming. I think a mid twenties striker with CL appearances and decent career numbers was always going to cost that so I am personally not mad at the Laca fee. Money can always be spent better though I guess.

If I was to sum up Laca's time here, we would have been better off with him instead of Giroud during the latters spell. During Laca's time we would have been better off with Giroud here instead, we defo got that bit wrong.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe

I remember getting a bit of stick for saying back when you signed him that I thought he was about on par with Giroud, just a bit different in playstyle etc. I'd actually be hard pressed to say who 's had the better Arsenal career. Giroud probably had better support around him, which made him a bit more consistent outside of his infamous months long goal drought.

Personally I feel like you definitely overpaid, and given how much you decided to spend on another CF shortly after getting Laca in, I think people at Arsenal would probably agree that paying that much was probably a mistake in hindsight. You basically paid around £50m for a fringe starter, which is an overpay no matter how you look at it.

Still, he seems to be quite well liked by Arsenal fans and it looks like he's taken on an important role in guiding the young players coming into the club in recent years, which is hard to put a price on.
I didn't even like Giroud that much when he played for us (not his fault though, he never should have been the main man for us) but definitely Giroud > Laca for me. Was not greatly interested in Laca even before he signed for us. Giroud went missing in our title run, Laca went missing in the Europa semis vs Atletico. I know he is liked by most of the fanbase but for me he is a below average signing overall. Has had one good season (Emery first season) and that's it.

The window he came to us had 3 >50m striker signings. Laca, Lukaku and Morata. All were disappointing in different ways. You can say Laca has done better than the other 2 but those 2 were sold soon and somehow both Utd and Chelsea got most of their money back.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think he has been great servant in a tough period for the club. Could have performed better, and hit the ball better though especially recently, because he has the skills.

But regarding overall success compared to other strikers, you just have to take a look at Morata & Lukaku fees and performances to see that Laca wasn't that expensive, and was the biggest success of those regarding points per minute and overall performances.

About Giroud, I think he had better players around him and Wenger to help him.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I think I was one of the few on this forum who was aware we weren’t signing a wc striker in Laca summer of 2017, therefore my expectations of him were lower. So I think he matched them fairly well, with some periods of slumps.

I think AM in general values a player and his abilities in correlation with the price tag, which is faulty logic imo

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think I was one of the few on this forum who was aware we weren’t signing a wc striker in Laca summer of 2017, therefore my expectations of him were lower. So I think he matched them fairly well, with some periods of slumps.

I think AM in general values a player and his abilities in correlation with the price tag, which is faulty logic imo
AM also mostly looks that if the player is a striker, and hasn't got very good goal per game ratio, they are rubbish. No more thinking or information needed.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
AM also mostly looks that if the player is a striker, and hasn't got very good goal per game ratio, they are rubbish. No more thinking or information needed.

Still worked out better than the morata and lukaku signings though, which was a heated debate at the time

Beat of luck to Laca, sure he will smash it at Marseille next season

Riou

How will he be remembered...

GettyImages-1263616397.jpg

...he will be remembered as a winner!

@Macho was right, an attack like this probably could have won more...but in 18/19 the rest of the team was aging/declining, and in 20/21 Arteta seemed to want to move on from them...so the chance never really lined up, but at least they put silverware on the board here.

Laca is a good player, that came into a declining Arsenal...wasn't really the player everyone thought he was, but still did some good here...mixed, is the best way to sum it up.

Good luck to him though, always gave his best here.

Riou

Some give their blood, sweat and tears for the cause...

...but only the best, give their brain!

#Respect

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I have a lot of time for Lacazette.

Wishing him all the best going forward, he'll always be one of us.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Laca was unlucky to play under Tets for the remainder of his time here. I will always remember the 18/19 season where him and Auba did bits together.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He was good in his first few seasons. He didn't have the pace but made up for it using a hustle and strong finishing. Scored a lot of clutch goals for us. But in the lost couple of years, his stamina got lot worse and he seemed to have lost his shooting skills too. Either way, a thorough professional and gave his everything whenever he was asked to.

I will always remember him for his reaction when Auba dropped the trophy 😭

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Cant lie, always been disappointed in Lacazette.

For the price and what he offered Lyon I just expected more, maybe my own fault but the moment he joined us his game just went weird, shooting was hit and miss, his pace seemed to have dropped off a cliff and his dribbling went all clumsy.

Lyon were even using him as a winger/wide forward but the moment he joined us couldnt even imagine that.

Really dont know what happened or if our backroom team messed his requirements up but something seemed to affect him physically the moment he got here.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He was good in his first few seasons. He didn't have the pace but made up for it using a hustle and strong finishing. Scored a lot of clutch goals for us. But in the lost couple of years, his stamina got lot worse and he seemed to have lost his shooting skills too. Either way, a thorough professional and gave his everything whenever he was asked to.

I will always remember him for his reaction when Auba dropped the trophy 😭
His exit has been overdue admittedly, but yeah it's not been all bad like you said.

@Flying Okapis in short, injuries, you're not wrong in what you said.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Scored some vital and good goals for us in his time here. As I have said numerous times he has stayed to long but his hardwork and professionalism is top notch. Quite a likable guy as well.

Think also arteta is a striker killer, has not got the best out of any cf here.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Cant lie, always been disappointed in Lacazette.

For the price and what he offered Lyon I just expected more, maybe my own fault but the moment he joined us his game just went weird, shooting was hit and miss, his pace seemed to have dropped off a cliff and his dribbling went all clumsy.

Lyon were even using him as a winger/wide forward but the moment he joined us couldnt even imagine that.

Really dont know what happened or if our backroom team messed his requirements up but something seemed to affect him physically the moment he got here.
Our conditioning for players has been questionable for many, many years.

We rarely have players lean, fit and agile. Luis Diaz is a prime example of what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom