• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I didn't know this, I'm going to make sure to insult the stupid Arteta's ass eating w*nker a lot more. The prospect of a post of mine irking him even slightly is enough to brighten my day.

James if you're reading this I wish you nothing but the worst. 😁

It's common knowledge that all of them do. How else do you explain so many transfer targets being mentioned in the wishlist thread or other places in jest and SUDDENLY it appears as an EXCLUSIVE.

Joestlaachmkr

Oh **** how tired i’m of this guy. Failing to reach top 4 under these circumstances has to be seen as the biggest bottlejob ever.

I remember naming Eddie Howe as a potential successor to Wenger and later Emery. I was mocked for even bringing Howe’s name up.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If the owners keep backing him financially we will improve, I just don't believe we'll improve as much as we would under a better manager.

The owners backing him is a real catch 22. By virtue of signing better players we'll continue to improve but that improvement will lead to us retaining a coach that isn't good enough. Eventually he'd get found out but it would be a real waste of time.

I'm not really sure what's the best solution as an Arsenal fan.
I think reverting back to a transfer policy where it's the club signing players rather than managers is the better way, that's how the big clubs are run. We've seen the worst of it with Pepe unfortunately, but overall I do feel this tends to work but we've reverted back to the Wenger model.

People are eager for signings and think we are building for the future, but we don't have 22 Sakas's. We have Odegaards, Whites, Ramsdales, players every manager isn't going to like. We could be looking at yet another rebuild whenever Arteta is done.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We've seen the worst of it with Pepe unfortunately, but overall I do feel this tends to work but we've reverted back to the Wenger model.
What made the Pepe signing wrong was that they literally didn't listen to what Emery wanted.:lol: He was then unlucky enough for his next coach to be kryptonite to attacking talent.

If your manager wants Sterling but you decide to sign him Nkunku instead that's fair enough, what you don't do is sign him a Foden just because he's Foden and is available. Such a stupid thing to do which is why I can't believe some have faith in our executives.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
What a tw@t.
People can't even criticize Henry (just criticizing, not calling him names like this) but Wright is called a **** but nobody has any issues with this because it is from an Arteta Outer and Wright is supporting Mikel. Pathetic.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

What made the Pepe signing wrong was that they literally didn't listen to what Emery wanted.:lol: He was then unlucky enough for his next coach to be kryptonite to attacking talent.
They kinda did. They acknowledged we needed a winger and something else to complete the trio alongside Auba and Laca we just couldn't afford Zaha outright. If Zaha was 23 they might have done it.

Signing young players isn't new for Arsenal, Pepe was Ben White's age when he was signed. Saliba, Martinelli and Tierney all joined in the same window (22 and under).

Last edited:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Look at the replies to that tweet. I fvcking hate the disgrace our fanbase has become.

I don't think comparing the current squad to those ones makes the "young squad" narrative lazy (it's not even a narrative, it's a fact), those squads just had better players and a better manager than what we have now.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I don't think comparing the current squad to those ones makes the "young squad" narrative lazy (it's not even a narrative, it's a fact), those squads just had better players and a better manager than what we have now.
Defo lazy, a few people called it in the summer but the new signings plus Hale End performed better than expected for a period.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Wait did you just say Guendouzi crushes Xhaka with his defensive stats? :lol:

We were a free hit through the middle with Guendouzi. He lacked serious awareness and speed to cover anything. In Marseille he plays further up front cause Sampaoli knows.
Xhaka have you seen his defensive stats he is in the botttom 20 percent of Premier league in almost every defensive category for a player in his position. A striker could average the number of tackles and interceptions Xhaka gets. Xhaka is one of the worst defensive or central midfielders in the league. As soon as Partey went down we have not had a single game in two months has Xhaka managed to control the midfield not even really against relegation sides. Xhaka defends like a pregnant sow, I’d rather have you playing in double pivot than Xhaka where near championship sides play through him

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If the owners keep backing him financially we will improve, I just don't believe we'll improve as much as we would under a better manager.

The owners backing him is a real catch 22. By virtue of signing better players we'll continue to improve but that improvement will lead to us retaining a coach that isn't good enough. Eventually he'd get found out but it would be a real waste of time.

I'm not really sure what's the best solution as an Arsenal fan.
The only hope is the players downing tools Emery-esque but knowing the club they would just give him carte blanche to bin the insurrectionist and the sexuals will use that as a battle cry; "See? he's still getting rid of the bad eggs"

Macho

Dusted 🔻

The only hope is the player's downing tools Emery-esque but knowing the club they would just give him carte blanche to bin the insurrectionist and the sexuals will use that as a battle cry; "See? he's still getting rid of the bad eggs"
A wise man said as long as the home crowd buys into him, Arteta is fine.

Looking at the previous sackings, that's what it took to be fair. The losing the dressing room stuff is way over done, Arteta lost the dressing room plenty of times but the narratives landed in his favour. If the players he fell out with were in their peak he would have been told to gtfo.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Wait did you just say Guendouzi crushes Xhaka with his defensive stats? :lol:

We were a free hit through the middle with Guendouzi. He lacked serious awareness and speed to cover anything. In Marseille he plays further up front cause Sampaoli knows.
Granit Xhaka Stats, Goals, Records, Assists, Cups and more | FBref.com.

Guendouzi as an attacking midfielder what Xhaka imagines himself to be certainly. What is Xhaka’s excuse for being in the bottom 2 percentile for pressures. Not in the bottom half or or bottom quarter. I’d rather have Guendouzi he will relieve your defense of pressure by catching the ball and being an actual outlet. If I want a damn luxury player who is in the bottom 2 percentile in pressures give me one that scores goals not one who just makes pretty switches. Tell me how many red cards, pls, and giveaways leading to goal has Guendouzi cost his team. Xhaka has managed a 6 year career and he is bad on the ball and bad without it

Sahaj

There is no player you can say that that Mikel Arteta has particularly improved in his tenure. The players look like they are not being properly coached. The reason why Arsenal are in 5th is because multiple players have had purple patches of form. Saka had his, Smith Rowe had his, Martinelli had his and the same goes for Nketiah. Even Ramsdale had his good spell and is now looking like a level below.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Apparently Gunnerblog said on some podcast that the club has lists of players to target prepared for CL, EL or no European football at all.

Imagine, spend 170m on an underachieving team that finished six points off CL footy and still make plans for the manager to sign players if you land outside of Europe again. This club is genuinely ****ing mental.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The new excuse from the Tetasexuals: Sp**s had Kane and Son. Arseblog used it today for example.

Just waiting for "Sp**s signed players in January whilst we just shipped players out 😬".

Sp**s hired a great football manager while we hired a vain corporate stooge whose insecurities demanded forcing out the characters who could rouse the team when a shared spirit was required most!

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Where do we go from here?

Are the owners going to piss another 150m on the wall again?

The biggest mistake this club has ever made was giving Arteta that extension. It wasn't a bad thing in and of itself but they should have waited for the season to end and evaluated before making any decision. Now we can't sack. The club have no choice but to invest another gargantuan amount in the summer or else the manager will be a sitting duck. What even makes that decision even look worse now is that he was offered that extension after 3 consecutive losses.

This situation just creates apathy next season. This feels even worse than the Emery dark days.

The Championship.

The PL is too football focused. There, Tets brand of Greco-Roman inspired football can definitely deliver the title :lol:

Top Bottom