• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Bloodbather

Established Member

The only player on the team who looked threatening yesterday. Not sure what people are smoking thinking he should be out on loan or a backup.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought he was largely involved in anything decent we did in the opening 10-15 minutes, until we threw the game.

Not sure why it's been decided that Martinelli is too blame, perhaps if he was from North London it’d be different.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Thought he was largely involved in anything decent we did in the opening 10-15 minutes, until we threw the game.

Not sure why it's been decided that Martinelli is too blame, perhaps if he was from North London it’d be different.
Was the only player who would touch the ball and wouldn't lose it 1 sec later, he would lose it after running a bit with the ball which is miles better than what others did.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He is better than esr. But both are kids and we need a serious wide player
This really. Well, I prefer Martinelli anyways but the better player is up for discussion could be argued either way at this stage of their careers.

Attacking end couldn't do anything about that result anyways, it was lost at the other end.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't question his workrate he want to do something everytime he on pitch. But in final 3rd his decision making been so bad apart from his assist against Leeds he just not major factor.

Again just like Saka we putting too much on them being harsh is unfair let them develop further and surround them with quality.

Tell.

Fools fans with his hustle & bustle. As much of a talent as he is, we can't carry a forward who scores 5 in 35 :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
People slagging Martinelli but failing to understand as we don't have a decent number 9 he is always going to struggle abit.

You put a decent number 9 who can draw defenders out, occupy space and attention and Martinelli scores double figures.

Salah and Mane often reached their figures thanks to the work of Firmino. Obviously they are elite but Firminos contribution helped them a lot. At the moment neither Saka or Martinelli have a helping hand in the middle.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
I remember Gabi bursting on the scene with Unai.

Arrivals in the box, headed goals, backheel goals, left peg, right peg.

I worry about the kid with Arteta in charge. The guy ruined much older attackers.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I remember Gabi bursting on the scene with Unai.

Arrivals in the box, headed goals, backheel goals, left peg, right peg.

I worry about the kid with Arteta in charge. The guy ruined much older attackers.
That was his game for Unai, in the box, not pretending to be a winger that he is clearly not fit for. Whatever, I'll call it today, he's not gonna be the player everyone expects him to be, and the reason for that will be that he is gonna waste too much time on the wing for Arteta. Another Chamberlain or worse

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Fools fans with his hustle & bustle. As much of a talent as he is, we can't carry a forward who scores 5 in 35 :lol:
Yeah, give a 20 year old the ball to beat two players outside and create chances and if he can't, he's sh*t, right?

Saka was able to do it for a while but he got found out eventually. Arteta is to blame.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
That was his game for Unai, in the box, not pretending to be a winger that he is clearly not fit for. Whatever, I'll call it today, he's not gonna be the player everyone expects him to be, and the reason for that will be that he is gonna waste too much time on the wing for Arteta. Another Chamberlain or worse
I still think his best games have come from him playing out wide but his most effective games, in terms of goals and assists, come when he plays up front. @berric mentioned Martinelli's headed goals and I think that was a very underrated aspect of his game. We don't cross very well under Arteta. Tomiyasu is no good at it and Tierney isn't fit enough to do it. I think Martinelli could rack up an extra 3-4 goals if we had a consistent crosser in the team.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I still think his best games have come from him playing out wide but his most effective games, in terms of goals and assists, come when he plays up front. @berric mentioned Martinelli's headed goals and I think that was a very underrated aspect of his game. We don't cross very well under Arteta. Tomiyasu is no good at it and Tierney isn't fit enough to do it. I think Martinelli could rack up an extra 3-4 goals if we had a consistent crosser in the team.
He's gonna have a good game here and there, but for me, he doesn't offer anything on the wing. I was closely looking at how he plays, his eyes are on the ball with no clue of what's going on around him, very limited vision, poor passing, and I'm also not too impressed with his dribbling ability as he tries to outrun players which most of the time doesn't work other than winning a few corners.

If we have a look at the positives: his pressing, fast reactions in the box, finishing, pace, movement without the ball, and workrate. All of that tells me he is more suited for a striker, although in some super technical and creative teams you could use him out wide as we did with Walcott without expecting anything other than scoring from him, but obviously, Arsenal is not that type of a team

TakeChillPill

Established Member
One dimensional player. Has great atletcism but I can see why he was rejected from Barca and utd...he doesnt have that in game intelligence. His decision making is usually poor.

Tell.

Yeah, give a 20 year old the ball to beat two players outside and create chances and if he can't, he's sh*t, right?

Saka was able to do it for a while but he got found out eventually. Arteta is to blame.

Where did I say he was ****? 5 in 35 is poor for a player of Martinelli's style. He's not good at build up & he doesn't help the midfield control the game like Saka can.

I do concede that a better coach (Wenger) would get much more from him

Top Bottom