• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2021/22: Race For Top 4

Do you believe we will finish in the top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I hear you, but Liverpool had Klopp. An outstanding manager/coach & they bought extremely well.

They are the blueprint & have shown it can be done, but doing it is another thing entirely.

Getting top 4 is so so tough now. Its a much more competitive league.

Let's hope the players use this seasons disappointment as motivation!
Yeah I don't disagree with what you say but ultimately players will not wait 6/7/8 seasons to play CL. Or play in teams that at least mount some kind of challenge.

It doesn't matter which club you are or who the manager is. You have a short time frame to achieve the goals of players. If you can't do that they start to run contracts down and move. And then you are rebuilding again.

Right now we have a team of an average age of 24. That will decrease abit with Laca and maybe Elneny moving on. Leno too.

This team should be achieving relative success (CL qualification, FA cup of Europa League win) in the next year or two. Then you buy big and hopefully when the team is at their peak age 26-27 is the time you really mount a challenge for the league.

Obviously this is all easier said than done. But if you can't do the first parts above you will struggle with the second and we will forever be in this cycle of never making the next step, selling our best players and trying to buy the next ones.

Man United are ****. But they are never 5-6 seasons out of the CL. Chelsea have their up and down moments but again proven winners over the past 15 years. Never too far away.

We need to get the monkey of the back and get in the CL and start having our name in along with the top teams.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No point taking to you. If you think we have a top 4 starting 11 and squad there's no point continuing this debate.

We could have had a top 4 quality squad if we spent the money more wisely in the summer. Tammy was there for 40m, Bruno G was there for something similar. Instead we spent a large chunk of the only on a keeper, back up left back and a 4th choice CM. That's Arteta's biggest failing as a manager imo.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We could have had a top 4 quality squad if we spent the money more wisely in the summer. Tammy was there for 40m, Bruno G was there for something similar. Instead we spent a large chunk of the only on a keeper, back up left back and a 4th choice CM. That's Arteta's biggest failing as a manager imo.
I don't think having Tammy and Bruno makes our squad better than Liverpool, City or Chelsea. Not United either at the start of the season.

I do get what youre saying. Hence why I don't want us making signings like Hickey or random Brazilians when we need 3 or 4 first 11 players.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I think if we'd have shifted Laca, we would have been in for Tammy. Plus we had Auba.

No idea why we didn't seriously push for Bruno. That was an error.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He signed Cedric and Mari in January 2020.
Willing to let him off here. He was just a coach back then, said he needed a left footed CB and a RB and that's what Edu cooked up :lol:

Didn't have to select them at times though, that's what makes him sh*t.

Reactions: A_G

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Nothing to do with the 450 million he’s been accused of spending which isn’t true and definitely nothing to do with all the money spent in the 19/20 summer window.
If you read my post, I said that 450 million (actually 470 million) was invested into the squad that finished with 70pts with Unai. This is factually correct.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We maybe not as powerful as these guys financially but being in CL make no difference they still richer and more attractive Newcastle currently are not maybe in 2 years when they in Europe extra 50m because being in CL won't make us super rich. What I'm saying is there are so many players can improve our current team and we definitely not going to target players man city are targeting.
We targeted a player that once relegation threatened Newcastke targeted and the player chose them over us. If that not a concern, I don't know what is.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
What top players wants to play under Arteta? Only reason would be absurd money.
I don't think anyone dreams of working with Eddie Howe either to be fair. Especially someone who hasn't played in England before.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We targeted a player that once relegation threatened Newcastke targeted and the player chose them over us. If that not a concern, I don't know what is.

It's a bloody big concern. I keep saying that players are a community unto themselves. Word does move around & I'm fairly certain the word is that Tets is a monumental tw*t that is best given a wide berth.

The longer he remains here, the best prospects, who are not simply in it for a big payday, will continue to avoid us like the plague because they all know one misstep & they'll be swapping the Cannon for whatever emblem Marseille have :lol:

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I don't think anyone dreams of working with Eddie Howe either to be fair. Especially someone who hasn't played in England before.
Eddie Howe doesn't have a reputation of falling out with players. You don't think Guendouzi, Özil, Auba, Saliba etc... aren't telling players how much of a **** Arteta is? @Sapient Hawk says it best. Players talk. So unless it's big money and there isn't a better move, expect us to struggle.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Eddie Howe doesn't have a reputation of falling out with players. You don't think Guendouzi, Özil, Auba, Saliba etc... aren't telling players how much of a **** Arteta is? @Sapient Hawk says it best. Players talk. So unless it's big money and there isn't a better move, expect us to struggle.
I was simply saying that no top player wakes up dreaming of playing for Eddie Howe.

Jesus you're wound up. Probably best taking some time out pal. Couldn't be good for your health all that hate and aggression.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I was simply saying that no top player wakes up dreaming of playing for Eddie Howe.

Jesus you're wound up. Probably best taking some time out pal. Couldn't be good for your health all that hate and aggression.

My favourite club has been taken over by a madman and his disciples with no end in sight.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom