• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dinos Mavropanos: Mavro Number 5

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Haven’t seen this guy play for ages as far I know he’s been injured and barely getting games since I last saw him play away to Utd a few years ago under Wenger. How has he suddenly gone from being injured all the time and playing in the second division in Germany to possibly being first choice for a team looking to challenge for the top 4 in the PL? Half a decent season for Stuttgart later and he’s back to being a top prospect?

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
He's had a decent season, but is he ready to start for us? I'm not sure. That said, we should not be looking to extend Luiz, and we should be getting rid of Holding AND Chambers, both will never make it here. I like Chambers but we just don't give him a chance, better to move him on. We could get 40-50 million for those two combined, maybe more, and we could have Mavro as backup for one of them and get another one in, if we're not convinced by Saliba

Iceman10

Established Member
How has he suddenly gone from being injured all the time and playing in the second division in Germany to possibly being first choice for a team looking to challenge for the top 4 in the PL?

This bit is probably what one would call a strawman, because no one, including @MutableEarth was saying that on the previous page. They were talking about a stronger line up of CB’s than this year, with genuine competition among players such as Saliba and Mavro to gain long-term clarity for pecking order of RCB’s.

Realistically, some here at A-M might have to get over the concept of Top 4 for next season also. It will still be a stretch, can get there if lots of things work in our favour, but more realistic is still Top 6 next season, genuine fight for Top 4 for 2022/23. This summer it is going to be no small task just fixing CM, full back positions, and AMC.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
This bit is probably what one would call a strawman, because no one, including @MutableEarth was saying that on the previous page. They were talking about a stronger line up of CB’s than this year, with genuine competition among players such as Saliba and Mavro to gain long-term clarity for pecking order of RCB’s.

Realistically, some here at A-M might have to get over the concept of Top 4 for next season also. It will still be a stretch, can get there if lots of things work in our favour, but more realistic is still Top 6 next season, genuine fight for Top 4 for 2022/23. This summer it is going to be no small task just fixing CM, full back positions, and AMC.
@Toby Andrl literally said he should either be given the chance of compete for a starting spot or sold/loaned out. Maybe you should read the last page again a few were advocating for him to be give a chance which is why I asked what has he done to earn the chance to possibly become a starter for us? It was actually a genuine question because as I said the last time I saw him play was away to Utd so maybe he’s been doing well on loan.

I expect us to be able to challenge for top 4 next season look at Leicester and feckin West Ham under Smeagol doing just that. Everton and Sp**s are still in the mix as well. Why shouldn’t we be able to at least put up a decent challenge? Emery almost got us there a couple seasons back with a worse team.

Iceman10

Established Member
@Toby Andrl literally said he should either be given the chance of compete for a starting spot or sold/loaned out. Maybe you should read the last page again a few were advocating for him to be give a chance which is why I asked what has he done to earn the chance to possibly become a starter for us? It was actually a genuine question because as I said the last time I saw him play was away to Utd so maybe he’s been doing well on loan.

I expect us to be able to challenge for top 4 next season look at Leicester and feckin West Ham under Smeagol doing just that. Everton and Sp**s are still in the mix as well. Why shouldn’t we be able to at least put up a decent challenge? Emery almost got us there a couple seasons back with a worse team.

Ok, it is just going to be agree to disagree over the matter of a chance to compete with Holding and Saliba for pecking order.

Regarding Top 4, the realism comes from teams in CL, maybe also EL if we fail to qualify, having more resources and arguably being more attractive for incoming players, in the transfer market. Playing catch-up is not instant as I see it with our current club ownership, and we likely would be forced to build even more organically than we are doing right now, via. a youth project.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We need to stop wasting our time. Mavro is another Bielik. Great business if we can get 10m plus.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If he can stay fit, it would be good to keep him but there's a little rumour about Zagadou of Dortmund. He'll probably be sold though.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If he can stay fit, it would be good to keep him but there's a little rumour about Zagadou of Dortmund. He'll probably be sold though.
yeah he is 21 and has had a lot of injuries. I would get him and keep mavropanos. Both are very injury prone, but maybe one will hit a miracle patch and stay fit. If not we have great excuse anyway with injuries

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
yeah he is 21 and has had a lot of injuries. I would get him and keep mavropanos. Both are very injury prone, but maybe one will hit a miracle patch and stay fit. If not we have great excuse anyway with injuries
I didn't know Zagadou was injury prone and when have we ever hit a miracle patch with injuries :(

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sell him, surley we can get a buyer in Germany where his stock seems to be quite quick. Young, reasonable price (10mish), low wage.

If we can sell Mavropanos, Nkehtia, Nelson, AMN to fund a top class first 11 player that would be great business.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Sell him, surley we can get a buyer in Germany where his stock seems to be quite quick. Young, reasonable price (10mish), low wage.

If we can sell Mavropanos, Nkehtia, Nelson, AMN to fund a top class first 11 player that would be great business.
We should be able to buy two top players. Add Guendouzi and Torreria to the list as well.

Willock is worth at least 20m now although I'd keep him. Au reviver to AMN, Nelson and Nketiah though.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Hearing another loan to Stuttgart with an option to buy at the end of 22/23.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Doesn’t matter how good he might be, he’s outside Arteta’s seniority and would have to get past Gabriel, Holding, Mari and Luiz before getting a chance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom