• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I guess you haven’t watched Marseille because they have a very good ball playing defender whose taller, excellent in the air and called up the French National side. And he would have cost nothing.

Naa he's RUBBISH, absolute trash cos the Spanish God Arteta told me so.

Man when will Tets whip his willie out again, I get antsy when I'm not sucking on it 24/7.

Wenger sucks!

kaldjgfljasd lklafdjlk aj!!

Edit: Our decline is due to Wenger's incompetence, he should've already recognised using future sight that Arteta would need Mustafi in his team. Instead Wenger alienated our best defender, meaning he rejected our contract offer last season and this.....this is why our defence has declined this season.

Wenger did it again, goddamn sly fox.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

In the times he’s been here we haven’t really developed a young player or signed a top player. Spent 100M on White, Ramsdale and Gabriel, I’m sure Kloppo got Van Dijk, Allison and Matip for 120M.
This is the summer we get our Van Djik and Allison. Except up top.

(Which is extremely hard to do, but good luck to Arteta and dem tho).

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I think this argument ignores the diminishing squad and XI vastly

Wenger finished 6th with Özil playing in his prime, Auba in his prime, Alexis in his prime for 6 months, Ramsey playing well and Mkhitaryan/Iwobi playing well. Kosceilny also was still there and performing.

Emery had much the same, minus the Alexis loss in his first season and except Özil was past his best. It should be noted that our games when Ramsey didn't start this season were mid table level of consistency. I think we won 2.5 points a game with Ramsey and something like 1.5 points a game without him.

So we lose Kosceilny, Monreal, Ramsey with Özil and Auba in the retirement home. Then Emery takes us to mid-table and we're conceeding 30 shots a game against Watford. We were in dire straights.

What Arteta has had to cope with a mid table squad quality and since then Özil and Auba permenantly checking out or simply being past their prime and Lacazette's legs completely giving way on him. He took over a vastly diminished squad way past without a striker capable of performing.

TLDR Arteta took over a mid table team full of pensioners and bums and where we finished in prior seasons is not reflective of what that squad was capable of. Taking us to 5th is an achievement and fixing the defense and midfield is an achievement.
How is the midfield better it is worse, when Partey is injured we have one of the worst midfields bar none in the league, most of our goals are created from a moment of brilliance from Saka or ESR or Ødegaard, otherwise without Partey the midfield isn’t even a mid table midfield

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
How is the midfield better it is worse, when Partey is injured we have one of the worst midfields bar none in the league, most of our goals are created from a moment of brilliance from Saka or ESR or Ødegaard, otherwise without Partey the midfield isn’t even a mid table midfield
Our midfield without Partey is genuinely barely Championship standard.

Farzad Stoned

Our midfield without Partey is genuinely barely Championship standard.
@AbouCuéllar writes War and Peace where he hides in the last couple paragraphs the whoppers he wants to hide. sounds halfway reasonable to you till read some of the doozies buried into a couple hundred words of texts he wants to put out there:

1. Mkitaryian and Iwobi were good and playing well for Wenger? When for like 20 minutes or 2 weeks?

2. This season getting 5th after the massive net spend 300 pounds and 2 and a half years is quote an “achievement”.

3. Arteta has improved the midfield? Wtf? This is the biggest delusional nonsense our midfield without Partey is a burning pile of dog poo. Late Wenger teams routinely dominated midfields and were all good with the ball. the midfield is clearly and totally way worse from late Wenger/Emery period any other spin is propaganda

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

If he invested the 50mil he wasted on Ben White and invested it in higher priority areas, Saliba's mistake wouldn't have mattered. You make it sound like Ben White is a rock, when in reality he's just an above average CB who ironically killed our CL chance with his mistake/bad luck.

I'll be honest with you Artisan, I do quite like Ben White as a player and for the most part I've been happy with him this season. I am also forgiving of Newcastle's first goal because to me it doesn't look like he was really fit for the game, and it looked like he pushed to make it into the squad, hence why he was struggling to keep up with Wilson on the goal (this could be a massive COPE btw, but I truly believe that a fit negro Blanco gets to it).

However......HOWEVER! I do agree that we could've gotten away with just playing Saliba and I honestly don't think there'd have been that much of a drop in quality, if any. We then could've used the 50M to bolster midfield, properly.

So for me (and I can only speak for myself), Ben White is a good signing overall but falls in the unnecessary category, YMMV.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
It's the above statement with * that is up for debate no matter what you think. Arteta's points total becomes largely irrelevant if our league position doesn't improve. It will after this season but that's after two embarrassing seasons. Lucky for him that Emery dragged us in to the gutter statistically. As for steady progress, you can't ignore the number of goals scored and conceded and chances created along with all the negative records he's broken. Those important factors are still poor 2.5 years on. That's not really progress and we've spent a lot to improve. The players have played to their max which is partly why we are in this position but like Auba's 2020 xg, that's not sustainable. You may be proved right in two years time after we've spent £500m but I disagree with your perspective atm
This is why I don't argue seriously with women. When they really want and go serious, women humiliate you with irrefutable arguments like this poor man just got.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Three years into it our highest league position shouldn't be fifth regardless as to who's in charge.

CL qualification would have been a worthy enough reason for him to continue but without it there's not enough evidence that we won't find ourselves in a position eerily similar to 2020 come December time.

This was such a huge opportunity thrown away. It's so frustrating to see the last 5 or so years just merge into 1.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Where are the statistics that show Arteta has reversed any decline? what a load of crap.
They've been posted over and over again. Search my posts and you can find them in the last 10.

@farzad4daarse I'm glad for you to isolate any sentence in any of my posts and challenge it intelligently. I stand by every sentence I write, I don't hide anything in the length of my posts, simply I tend toward length and nuance naturally. Strange potshot you've decided to take here, though, when I had stopped reading this thread to let it go on in its standard foaming at the mouth status, where everyone is happy fueling the hate and enjoying themselves, and not paying much attention at all to reason.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
They've been posted over and over again. Search my posts and you can find them in the last 10.

@farzad4daarse I'm glad for you to isolate any sentence in any of my posts and challenge it intelligently. I stand by every sentence I write, I don't hide anything in the length of my posts, simply I tend toward length and nuance naturally. Strange potshot you've decided to take here, though, when I had stopped reading this thread to let it go on in its standard foaming at the mouth status, where everyone is happy fueling the hate and enjoying themselves, and not paying much attention at all to reason.
what’s this ‘reason’ you’re referring to? Because most people can’t see it.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I think this argument ignores the diminishing squad and XI vastly

Wenger finished 6th with Özil playing in his prime, Auba in his prime, Alexis in his prime for 6 months, Ramsey playing well and Mkhitaryan/Iwobi playing well. Kosceilny also was still there and performing.

Emery had much the same, minus the Alexis loss in his first season and except Özil was past his best. It should be noted that our games when Ramsey didn't start this season were mid table level of consistency. I think we won 2.5 points a game with Ramsey and something like 1.5 points a game without him.

So we lose Kosceilny, Monreal, Ramsey with Özil and Auba in the retirement home. Then Emery takes us to mid-table and we're conceeding 30 shots a game against Watford. We were in dire straights.

What Arteta has had to cope with a mid table squad quality and since then Özil and Auba permenantly checking out or simply being past their prime and Lacazette's legs completely giving way on him. He took over a vastly diminished squad way past without a striker capable of performing.

TLDR Arteta took over a mid table team full of pensioners and bums and where we finished in prior seasons is not reflective of what that squad was capable of. Taking us to 5th is an achievement and fixing the defense and midfield is an achievement.
So according to your excellent logic, Özil passed from his prime to not enough to play in a period of 2 months which is the long between the time Wenger and Emery had their last and first game? You really mould the reality to fix your pro Arteta rhetoric.

Farzad Stoned

Ok the defend the most bonkers and delusional post you made that Arteta has improved the midfield from Late Wenger/ Emery period. Put aside everything else this is the most daft thing you have said.

Blaziken

If Saka loves the club and himself, he should leave. Staying is only prolonging the inevitable moreover a failing "project".

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Ok the defend the most bonkers and delusional post you made that Arteta has improved the midfield from Late Wenger/ Emery period. Put aside everything else this is the most daft thing you have said.
I think you are responding to a different poster. I didn't comment on the midfield.

This explains the potshot when I wasn't involved in the posting 😅

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
I'd have taken top 5 at the beginning of the season.

I don't think we have a squad capable to play Champions League football as evidenced by our collapse we've seen this season after any key player gets injured. Wouldn't have expected us to get out the group stages. We need another window at least to improve.

I understand the rage though. We we had top 4 in our hands due to other teams underperforming and yes we did 'bottle' it. That's the annoying part. Long term I'm not too worried atm. I saw progress this season and hopefully we'll go one step further in the next.

Latest posts

Top Bottom