• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Arteta is a squad cost guy :eyess:
Wages are irrelevant in relation to quality. If you overpay players like Cedric, Runarsonn,etc it serves nothing. The other way is the same, our best players are young players winning so little in comparison with a 28yo with same numbers... So STFU Bumteta!

TinFish

He's not wrong though. The target was not top 4 this season. It was more about sorting out the massive squad issues, stability and achieving at least europa league.

Getting it right next season is a difficult ask, especially when United, Newcastle and Tottenham are expected to have more resources than us.

I agree that we blew it though, whilst we were in pole position we should have nailed it. Just like the CL final against Barcelona, this will set us back and have detrimental effects to the club going forward.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

He's not wrong though. The target was not top 4 this season. It was more about sorting out the massive squad issues, stability and achieving at least europa league.

Getting it right next season is a difficult ask, especially when United, Newcastle and Tottenham are expected to have more resources than us.

I agree that we blew it though, whilst we were in pole position we should have nailed it. Just like the CL final against Barcelona, this will set us back and have detrimental effects to the club going forward.

Arteta will not fvck you, bro. He isnt reading here.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Are you saying that we should be lowering our expectations for next season already?

TinFish

Are you saying that we should be lowering our expectations for next season already?
Depends on the signings we make. Hickey et al. wont push us to new heights. We need World Class signings, or someone who has stardust potential like Bruno Guimares at Newcastle. Will we make those type of signings for next season? It remains to be seen...

I did mention several times that we are the only club in the top 6 without a WC player in the squad. This isn't a good sign.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I'm going to send a certified letter to Josh and Stan Kroenke.

We need to save Arsenal. They are getting hoodwinked by ineptitude management.

We have no leaders. Arteta is a coach, not a manager.

We need a manager that can play beautiful football. We play awful.

Graham Potter is proven...get him before Sp**s do.

Dont worry... Sp**s will continue to push the Conte project for another season at least, and Potter is likely to stick around Brighton next season.

I suppose you could would either leave Mikel to hang himself, or secretly pray he fails next season.

GLITCH

He's not wrong though. The target was not top 4 this season. It was more about sorting out the massive squad issues, stability and achieving at least europa league

CL was not the original target, but because he was so close to getting there, he said that 5th wasn't a thing to celebrate because the team had come so far. Now that he's failed to capitalise, he's making it seem like the team overachieved because they exceeded expectations. This guy will always make excuses for his shortcomings.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

People celebrate that Arteta has "cleaned" the squad and stabilized the wage bill but 5 of the unwanted players that left the club during the last two windows was signed/extended and/or persuaded to stay by Teta himself. He is a part of the problem he say he has solved.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Our transfer windows have been abysmal. The media keeps praising him for trimming the squad and using the young guns. But he’s only gone and sent talented players away for pennies to then replace them with big money signings. Improving exactly nothing in the process. We didn’t need Ramsdale. We didn’t need White, Lokonga, Tavares. The list is too long.

Nevermind not getting our top goalscorer to function in his ‘system’ and then paying him to score a load of goals for Barca. And also not replacing him when we have a unique opportunity to get top 4.

I’m just afraid this professional goalpost mover has missed his one chance of Champions League football. We could genuinely go many more years before we have that back. Our competition is getting too big.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Depends how this summer goes. If he gets at least 4-5 signings then no excuses. I don't think you lot are being genuine and objective with just how far this club has fallen. Arsenal have fallen out of top tiers of Europe for years now and the rot allowed to fester here always needed time to correct.
What "rot" are you talking about? Or is this this the latest buzz word for the sexuals?

Did Klopp need time to reverse any rot?
There's no rot, it's all in your head.

The season before he came, we finished 5th on 70 points and reached the EL final. He's largely binned the members of that team that he hated or thought was a búm and has renewed the contract of the ones he liked. So I'm asking what rot are you talking about?
You all slaughtered Wenger for signing Mustafi but you forgot that Wenger never wanted him and even tried to sell him him in his second season but Mustafi didn't want to go to Italy. But your boy Arteta was on his hands and knees begging Mustafi to renew his contract. You all slaughtered Wenger for signing Elneny but he's still a prominent member of Arteta's squad and Arteta has offered him a contract. Even Xhaka and Holding.

Rather than throwing around intangible and immeasurable stuff like process, culture, rot etc. he should get the team performing on the pitch so we can see measurable improvement like GD, GF, GA etc. We haven't even improved those metrics from last season.

So bring tangible proof rather than throwing around silly words no one cares about

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
"listen Gabi J, I know the Europa League theme song is kinda **** compared to the CL one you're used to listening, but we have really good xpts!"
Are expected points and the Europa league itself like thinking you are going to get lucky but getting the friends speech? All the anticipation, work, and stress of sex but instead of foreplay and cuddling, you get punched in the gut instead and told you are a great but to her undoable guy. That is basically the Europa league, the goddamn “just friends” speech of European football.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Arteta will not fvck you, bro. He isnt reading here.
If Arteta read AM I think he would need a full time shrink, after that comical cow patty we were all forced to take a bite of, he is about as popular as death. Fairly, in my opinion a pub league manager is expected to have enough able bodied players who can play to finish a single competition let alone a team that threw away so many as so much money.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

What "rot" are you talking about? Or is this this the latest buzz word for the sexuals?

Did Klopp need time to reverse any rot?
There's no rot, it's all in your head.

The season before he came, we finished 5th on 70 points and reached the EL final. He's largely binned the members of that team that he hated or thought was a búm and has renewed the contract of the ones he liked. So I'm asking what rot are you talking about?
Y'all killed Wenger for signing Mustafi but you forgot that Wenger never wanted him and even tried to sell him him in his second season but Mustafi didn't want to go to Italy. But your boy Arteta was on his hands and knees begging Mustafi to renew his contract. Y'all killed Wenger for signing Elneny but he's still a prominent member of Arteta's squad and Arteta has offered him a contract. Even Xhaka and Holding.

Rather than throwing around intangible and immeasurable stuff like process, culture, rot etc. he should get the team performing on the pitch so we can see measurable improvement like GD, GF, GA etc. We haven't even improved those metrics from last season.

So bring tangible proof rather than throwing around silly words no one cares about

Literally my reaction now when people start going on about some deep "rot" that needs to be "cleared out":

5HR.gif

Not to mention I actually think a lot of Arteta's problems have been self inflicted. I honestly think the Auba, AMN, Saliba, Guendouzi situations could've been managed better and you see with how we spent this summer that a lot of money was filling in places that the aforementioned could've fulfilled.

That said Tomi, Ode, Ramsdale and even White were good additions but I still maintain that we could've kept Saliba and spent the White money elsewhere.

But Arteta seems to have a preoccupation with getting a specific type of player to suit his team, so I guess this is what you get with a manager like him.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

You all slaughtered Wenger for signing Mustafi but you forgot that Wenger never wanted him and even tried to sell him him in his second season but Mustafi didn't want to go to Italy.
:lol: :lol: :facepalm:

Can't take you seriously when you're twerking for Wenger with these excuses. Let's go down a list of crap we've brought in because of penny pinching nonsense that has permeated the club for years now. Joel Campbell, Lucas Perez, Kim Brokeback Mountain Kallstrom, Benayoun, Mustafi, El Neny, Gervinho, Squillaci, Andre Santos, etc etc - to today with Cedric, Mari, Frodo Runarsson, etc.

This is the rot that I'm talking about. The club has tried to get cute papering over the cracks with either cheap bandaids and/or Money Ball type of stats that can do a job (buying StatsDNA and then signing bums from the service) rather than covering positions with actual quality. The managers change yet the club continues to do this nonsense.

Just look at who's backing your posts. @GDeep™ has come out of retirement in horrid form, @dka1 who just likes anything negative coming my direction, @Kav who follows me around giving me red cards, and I won't tag them yet but certain others will likely show up (a taxi driver and a certain Korean dictator). It actually makes me feel confident knowing I'm on the opposite side of the gimps.

Top Bottom