• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 šŸ›’

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,457

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

In Pepā€™s case, he isnā€™t a fan of African players too (excluding Mahrez). He fell out/got rid of Yaya Toure, Etoā€™o, Ihenancho, Benatia, Seydou Keita and Bony.

Keita on Pep:

Etoā€™o recalled his time with Pep Guardiola at Barcelona, saying:

De27u3-WkAARt8k

His minion Arteta picking up his traits with Auba and Pepe, all thatā€™s needed is Partey up next then itā€™ll conclude my findings šŸ§
I think Pep commonly falls out with players when he doesn't rate their tactical discipline in positioning and passing. It just so happens that many of those players were from Africa. It's a misfit of approaches to football I reckon.

He's also a tense mofo and a pedant, and that can be tiresome for people, especially those who are more laid back in their demeanor.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

I think Pep commonly falls out with players when he doesn't rate their tactical discipline in positioning and passing. It just so happens that many of those players were from Africa. It's a misfit of approaches to football I reckon.

He's also a tense mofo and a pedant, and that can be tiresome for people, especially those who are more laid back in their demeanor.

It doesnā€™t explain why he instantly fell out with Samuel Etoā€™o who was world class at the time.

Some pretty sussss behaviour.

Btw I find it funny how these Sexuals ride or die for Teta in every single thread. This brainwashing from Teta has reached new levels.

TheDrunkenMaster

I would prefer Tammy to Jesus. We also desperately need a left winger that can dribble and score. St. Maximain ist probably impossible to sign but zaha would also be a great solution. Zaha also brings the bonus of being able to play upfront. Richarlison would probably be to expensive

bingobob

A-Mā€™s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ā­

It doesnā€™t explain why he instantly fell out with Samuel Etoā€™o who was world class at the time.

Some pretty sussss behaviour.

Btw I find it funny how these Sexuals ride or die for Teta in every single thread. This brainwashing from Teta has reached new levels.
He came to City and instantly fell out with Joe Hart. He fell out with Aguero for long peruods. Or what about Zlatan?

Mahrez was for a long time hos most expensive signing, he signed Mendy, Kyle Walker, Sane, Ake he made Fernandinho captain..

Same with Arteta. For the Aubameyang fall out he signed Gabriel, for the Ɩzil fall out there is the revival of Elneny. For Pepe there is the success of Saka. Tavares when playing well kept KT out. Martinelli kep ESR out.

There are many legitimate grievances with Pep and Arteta without people needing to resort to making stuff up.

bingobob

Trusted ā­

You think he'd do the same in the PL? Genuinely wondering. He's killing in the serie A though ffs it's actually triggering me. He's an Arsenal fan too
Arguably he had better stats in England.

Chelsea 19/20 - 34 appearances 15 goals 3 assists
Roma 21/22 - 37 appearances 17 goals 4 assists

We should have bought him last summer.

2Smokeyy

Trusted ā­

He came to City and instantly fell out with Joe Hart. He fell out with Aguero for long peruods. Or what about Zlatan?

Mahrez was for a long time hos most expensive signing, he signed Mendy, Kyle Walker, Sane, Ake he made Fernandinho captain..

Same with Arteta. For the Aubameyang fall out he signed Gabriel, for the Ɩzil fall out there is the revival of Elneny. For Pepe there is the success of Saka. Tavares when playing well kept KT out. Martinelli kep ESR out.

There are many legitimate grievances with Pep and Arteta without people needing to resort to making stuff up.

:lol:

Didnā€™t think anyone would really take it that serious šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ but honestly speaking, both Pep and Arteta have the same traits in terms of lacking man management skills. The thing that helps Pep is that he has unlimited resources to rectify any problems he has with a particular player, the bald fraud is the epitome of a cheque book manager which why I give Jurgen Klopp a lot more credit for competing with City.

I think Benatia sums it all up in the below:

But not everything was perfect for Medhi. One thing that Benatia criticized was Guardiolaā€™s handling of interpersonal relationships. ā€œItā€™s my opinion that many share. Guardiola is someone who doesnā€™t attach much importance to human relationships.ā€
He says it is because he was disappointed in the past. He said to me: ā€œI bought you, I wanted you. You have this quality and the other quality. I need this, I will teach you this and that, you are here to do what I say, but we are not here to be friends.ā€

Sounds exactly like Teta.

benjamin86

Established Member

Didnā€™t think anyone would really take it that serious šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ but honestly speaking, both Pep and Arteta have the same traits in terms of lacking man management skills. The thing that helps Pep is that he has unlimited resources to rectify any problems he has with a particular player, the bald fraud is the epitome of a cheque book manager which why I give Jurgen Klopp a lot more credit for competing with City.

As long as you balance that out with a coach/assistant that is more friendly I don't see the problem? From what I've read and heard I think Arteta is fairly friendly but doesn't suffer fools? In the City Amazon doc he seemed to be the more friendly/personable one with the players.

AFC doc should be interesting.

2Smokeyy

Trusted ā­

As long as you balance that out with a coach/assistant that is more friendly I don't see the problem? From what I've read and heard I think Arteta is fairly friendly but doesn't suffer fools? In the City Amazon doc he seemed to be the more friendly/personable one with the players.

AFC doc should be interesting.

Not really going to take much from the documentary as itā€™s all going to be cut and edited to make him look like the good guy when in actual fact, heā€™s far from it. That was the case with the City one too.

Interestingly, the likes of AW, Klopp etc rarely fall out with players which goes to show how good of a relationship they have with their players. Even the players who left the club on a bad note only have positive things to say about Le Professeur which says a lot:

Ashley Cole on ArsĆØne:

ā€œArsĆØne Wenger, who was definitely a great man-manager and put a lot of trust in young players to find things out for themselves and learn quickly from mistakes.ā€

Nasri, who revealed his respect for the man who plucked him from Olympique de Marseille aged 21 in 2008.

ā€œYes, I speak to him,ā€ the now-27-year-old told FourFourTwo. ā€œIā€™m close to ArsĆØne Wenger, Iā€™ve always said he is my football father, and I wouldnā€™t just say that.

Despite the controversy surrounding Van Persie's direct transfer to one of Arsenal's greatest rivals, the player insists that he has nothing but good memories of working for Wenger.

"ArsĆØne is just the best manager in the world," the 34-year-old said at his unveiling as a Feyenoord player. "This is why I want him to be successful with Arsenal. He deserves it.

"I owe everything to ArsĆØne Wenger. He has been crucial for me in my development as a player and as a person.

"I only have warm memories. I enjoyed every day, every minute I worked, trained and played for ArsĆØne."

bingobob

Trusted ā­

Whilst i replied to you it was meant as a more general post. Ive read and been involved in conversations which mirror that train of thought and im like wtf.

Nearly always stems from Yaya Toures comments re Pep and nearly everyone ive spoken to or replied to seemingly are unaware Toure apologised for those comments.

I agree with you as i also prefer Klopp.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ā­
Clearly not if you think Nunez and Osimhen are levels above.

You say Tammy doesn't strike the ball well, to that, i'd say you haven't watched enough of Nunez or Osimhen.
I've seen enough of all of them.

I would go for Leao above any of them. I think the fact he knows how to play as a CF is slept on with how he is being used at Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom