• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nah, you're not going to live with that. I'm getting attacked specifically because I've been saying this the entire time.

Most of you are not going to like this but Kroenkes are doing a US sports style rebuild and from the US standpoint of sports they think it's going remarkably well. And, why wouldn't they? We've won 21 games and are sitting in 5th place in the whole league. A US sports version of a rebuild rarely goes that well. Most teams actively tank (purposely lose games) their seasons to get the best chance at good young players coming into the league.

I'm a fan of the Raiders in the NFL. I can count on two hands the number of good seasons they've had since I've been alive. They claimed to do a rebuild at least a dozen times if not more. In a 16 game season, our rebuilds would see us win anywhere from 2 to 5 games. Double that to 32 games to get close to PL and that's 4 to 10 wins. You see where I'm going with this?

The Kroenkes have allowed the Rams to throw money and draft picks around like candy much like you lot are up in arms over Edu and Arteta reshaping and removing players even at losses of money. The Kroenkes are actually used to this (to a point) and will allow them some leash as long as the results are relatively good.

I don't know how much time the Kroenkes will accept as giving Edu/Arteta but the signs are telling me at least two more seasons from how the Kroenkes run their US teams. That's how I have somehow became an Inner because I know they aren't going anywhere for a while so it's no use moaning day after day.
No you haven’t being saying this though. That’s the first post you’ve written that’s made sense to me. :lol:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

You have a losers mentality, @dka1. Go and support West Ham ffs.

"yOu hAvE a LoSErS mENtaLity"

And you're a little g!mp that's too afraid to even tag me when taking shots, you pathetic excuse for a functioning human being.

And that's the only comeback you've got? No refutation to my arguments?

Or is anything beyond "me so angry, Arteta bad bad bad man" too much for your brain to conjure up.

This is literally @ExtjExhtts racking his brain to come up with an intelligent post:

9b2a08aa-458b-492e-acac-2e3349a3747f_screenshot.jpg

Just stop, it's all a bit too difficult for you, we all know that.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Yeah all this ‘changing the culture’ stuff is a load of nonsense, especially when you’re losing 30% of your games and not scoring in 25% off them.

Paul Merson was in a crack den in Harlesden for half the week, still put in performances. Ray Parlour , Tony Adams etc, huge drinkers, top quality players who all won trophies here.

My point is, I couldn’t give a toss about the culture of the club or what the players are doing, I just want results on the football pitch. All the other stuff is irrelevant. Sick of the Arteta PR being rammed down my throat constantly. Just shut up and do your job you c*nt.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

"yOu hAvE a LoSErS mENtaLity"

And you're a little g!mp that's too afraid to even tag me when taking shots, you pathetic excuse for a functioning human being.

And that's the only comeback you've got? No refutation to my arguments?

Or is anything beyond "me so angry, Arteta bad bad bad man" too much for your brain to conjure up.

This is literally @ExtjExhtts racking his brain to come up with an intelligent post:

9b2a08aa-458b-492e-acac-2e3349a3747f_screenshot.jpg

Just stop, it's all a bit too difficult for you, we all know that.

I will tag you in every post now, prat.

@dka1

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

My point is, I couldn’t give a toss about the culture of the club or what the players are doing, I just want results on the football pitch. All the other stuff is irrelevant. Sick of the Arteta PR being rammed down my throat constantly. Just shut up and do your job you c*nt.

For sure the PR stuff has been ridiculous and what I don't get is why the Arsenal supporting media has been so supportive of him, to way more of a degree than they ever backed Emery, this is even when Arteta was performing badly, it does seem a little sus if we're being honest.

Every clearly bad decision has had a ready made excuse by them....anyway, I'm apparently an Artetasexual so I don't even know why I'm being sooooo negative :rolleyes:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I will tag you in every post now, prat.

@dka1

Nooooo, you're only meant to tag me when you're making a post in direct reply to mine, I know it's a hard concept to grasp.

But, do you understand that? Or should I break it down more, I know you struggle to follow it all sometimes, but I got your back bro don't worry 👍

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Nooooo, you're only meant to tag me when you're making a post in direct reply to mine, I know it's a hard concept to grasp.

But, do you understand that? Or should I break it down more, I know you struggle to follow it all sometimes, but I got your back bro don't worry 👍

Yeah, im stupid and all that. Couldnt care less.

@dka1

Kav

Established Member
This is complex in my view and I'm not going to go too deep into it. If you want my opinion on these topics I've detailed them in the past.

I think it mainly comes down to how best to maintain our portfolio of players. I thought the squad was badly in need of investment as we had allowed the value of our assets to decay. If one accepts my premise then restoring the real value of our squad is a necessity. If we want to future proof the squad with young players then we have to recognise that costs us money and points on the pitch in the short term as young players are inconsistent and could easily be outperformed by a more experienced option. I personally believed there was a cultural problem at Arsenal that started to develop with Özil and got worse under Emery, changing that results in fallouts, costs money and therefore points on the pitch. We have sold poorly for a long time including under Wenger which has cost us money and points on the pitch (I'm not absolving the current regime, there has been some horrendous outgoing business). All things considered, we only had so much available to invest limiting the potential size and quality of the squad. Investment proceeded with the one-game-a-week factor in mind, and even if we wanted to, we couldn't have constructed a squad that could maintain a good standard in both European and domestic competition. We had key injuries toward the end of the season contributing to our collapse which really comes back to squad quality.

For me personally, it comes down to agreeing with the basic premise that if we keep thinking long term and making good long term investments then the quality and mentality of the squad will improve and so will our potential.

You focused on a very small part of my post, what did you think of the rest of it?
So getting 35M each for Ox and Iwobi was poor by wenger?

I thought his sales were great. The 24M we got RVP was also good considering he had only a year left in his contract ( though I thought it best to sell him overseas).

You like to bring wenger into discussions to deflect from Arteta’s responsibility. You do this on a number of occasions.

We were not as bad with selling players under wenger as we have been post wenger. Raul/ Edu/ Vinai are clueless at selling players.

It also does not help when Arteta tanks their values through his actions. One only need to look at Guendouzi, Mavropanos, Chambers Sales. We also offloaded without earning a dollar Kolasinac, Willian,Mustafi. Who can forget we didn’t earn anything from Özil or Mykhitarian, Luiz. While we pay Aubameyang to play elsewhere. These are extremely high earning players we let go without recouping anything.

The club has wasted or lost a lot of money over the last 4 years.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Ok i actually read afew pages and missed alot. Anyway i see the PR machine is in full flow, never heard so much BS trying to justify failure. We need William here next season no matter what, this guy with his beef with players will cost him in the end. Why they didnt wait until the end of the season to consider the extension?

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Ok i actually read afew pages and missed alot. Anyway i see the PR machine is in full flow, never heard so much BS trying to justify failure. We need William here next season no matter what, this guy with his beef with players will cost him in the end. Why they didnt wait until the end of the season to consider the extension?

Oh, you're in for a treat, lad. The season's about to end & the machine will kick into overdrive.

Strap yourself in :lol:

Kav

Established Member
Nah, you're not going to live with that. I'm getting attacked specifically because I've been saying this the entire time.

Most of you are not going to like this but Kroenkes are doing a US sports style rebuild and from the US standpoint of sports they think it's going remarkably well. And, why wouldn't they? We've won 21 games and are sitting in 5th place in the whole league. A US sports version of a rebuild rarely goes that well. Most teams actively tank (purposely lose games) their seasons to get the best chance at good young players coming into the league.

I'm a fan of the Raiders in the NFL. I can count on two hands the number of good seasons they've had since I've been alive. They claimed to do a rebuild at least a dozen times if not more. In a 16 game season, our rebuilds would see us win anywhere from 2 to 5 games. Double that to 32 games to get close to PL and that's 4 to 10 wins. You see where I'm going with this?

The Kroenkes have allowed the Rams to throw money and draft picks around like candy much like you lot are up in arms over Edu and Arteta reshaping and removing players even at losses of money. The Kroenkes are actually used to this (to a point) and will allow them some leash as long as the results are relatively good.

I don't know how much time the Kroenkes will accept as giving Edu/Arteta but the signs are telling me at least two more seasons from how the Kroenkes run their US teams. That's how I have somehow became an Inner because I know they aren't going anywhere for a while so it's no use moaning day after day.
The problem is not the rebuild. The problem is who is at the helm of the rebuild.

Let me give you a simple analogy. Let’s say Arsenal are a Forumla one Car and Mikel is the driver. Would you rather have Mikel or Lewis Hamilton? Mikel or Alonso? Mikel or vettel? Mikel or Verstappen?

We keep choosing the novice over people who are actually capable of doing the rebuild. People who have talent and experience. All Mikel has right now is potential.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom