• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Don't know man.

Does it even matter? We're being told the board have their own expectations of him which we fans are not privy to. So if he meets the board's target, he'll stay on.

So we just have to hope that the board's target includes finishing top 4.

To answer your question, I don't think he'll do much better than this season. We had everything falling in place for us this season and we still messed up. The prevailing excuse last season was that we played poorly due to having to having Europa mid week games and that this season we were going to play exponentially better due to lack of European commitment. But here we are.

Imagine having to navigate Europa games next season added to a myriad of issues the club is already facing. I'm afraid it ain't gonna be pretty. Think he might get exposed next season. But then again, he survived December 2020.
Board expectations:

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Board expectations:

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

Tbh Yorch, considering how much we're spending money I am thinking to myself; aren't the board a bit worried?

Like I don't think we can afford to spend £150M last summer and then another £100M+ this summer and not make CL? And what's the chance we make top 4 next year? I think it's more likely we finish 5th - 7th or so.

Unless I'm missing something - I could be missing something lol.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Anyone think losers like Watts, Wheatley and Benge will demand answers from Arteta about what the goals will be next season instead of asking why his haircut is so wonderful?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tbh Yorch, considering how much we're spending money I am thinking to myself; aren't the board a bit worried?

Like I don't think we can afford to spend £150M last summer and then another £100M+ this summer and not make CL? And what's the chance we make top 4 next year? I think it's more likely we finish 5th - 7th or so.

Maybe him reducing the wage bill was part of the target. It's why Mikel has been actively trying to get rid of the top earners at the club and bring in kids on low wages. He knows the board loves that stuff and Arsenal fans love to wànk to that kind of stuff. Even Josh said we were a Europa league club paying CL wages. So as long as Mikel reduces the wage bill to low levels, they'll be happy to sanction more spending. But there's always a tipping point especially for a club like ours without infinite resources. The worry is that the next manager is gonna suffer the consequences of our squandermania.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Might be slightly too early to ask this, but seeing as Arteta will be here next season, how well (or not well) do you think he'll do?
Finish 6th. Sp**s under Conte and Utd with Ten Haag will get 4th and 5th.

Should get to the semis of the EL. So a poor season you’ll argue.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I think they actually can given the tv revenue and the better outlook on covid in conjunction with millions being shaved off of the wage bill with departures between this year and last. That doesn't mean that they should be satisfied sinking money into the machinations of 2 idiots but they're capable of it for sure.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Finish 6th. Sp**s under Conte and Utd with Ten Haag will get 4th and 5th.

Should get to the semis of the EL. So a poor season you’ll argue.
6th is optimistic. I fully expect Newcastle to push into the conversation for top 6 just as I expect us to fail to recruit a striker after letting Nketiah string Arteta along all summer only to seal a deal with Palace or someone when all of our better options are off the table.

yorch44

I didn't say who is making that money. I mean not the club but the persons who constitute that board and Arteta himself getting rich at the expenses of Arsenal so they protect their position with all that BS and lies of how long the process is going to take to exploit Arsenal as long as they can.

yorch44

Basically, the myth that Arsène could not build a defence is fake. Wenger best defence is still better than best Arteta's one. Which is the first one, so all the money he used to "improve" the defense resulted in more goals received.

Emery had same numbers Arsène left in his worst season and that's why he left. But this bum, he is terrific!! The moment he arrived our numbers were down.

And still some deluded Legophilics think Arsène is the one to blame. Lol!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom