• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I didn't say who is making that money. I mean not the club but the persons who constitute that board and Arteta himself getting rich at the expenses of Arsenal so they protect their position with all that BS and lies of how long the process is going to take to exploit Arsenal as long as they can.
Arteta is on an incentive based contract. If the board are smart, they will have set top 4 as a target which should force him to raise his level. Sacking him for failing would hopefully be cheaper too. Sadly, they seem stupid 😔

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Let me give you a simple analogy. Let’s say Arsenal are a Forumla one Car and Mikel is the driver. Would you rather have Mikel or Lewis Hamilton? Mikel or Alonso? Mikel or vettel? Mikel or Verstappen?
That's true. If Lewis Hamilton were here, Auba may have shown up to work on time.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Might be slightly too early to ask this, but seeing as Arteta will be here next season, how well (or not well) do you think he'll do?

Assuming we upgrade properly in key areas, forwards, midfield, fullbacks.

Top four challenge, hopefully we do it earlier this time v Sp**s, v Chelsea, v United. Not sure United feature, again depends on signings and cohesion, but Arteta showed its possible and Ten Hag is a cutting edge manager. This group will be very tight, positions 3-6 could be 3-6 points apart.

Europa run (semis at least), would be aiming for a final appearance here.

Semis in EFL and/or FA cup.

Liverpool and City are still too far ahead. Finals and top two spots belong to them.

SA Gunner

One could easily blame this on just not having strikers, why that’s so is a separate discussion of course.

But this below is what really bothers me, our chance creation. It needs to be improved on if we want to kick on.

I feel this is a key metric that will get him fired if it doesn’t improve.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳

This is what sexuals do to promote arteta. They only shows the xg difference (xG - xGA) over 3 years where you are comparing arteta against himself and the worse period of Emery that got him sacked. They also conventiently left out the first 3 games of this season. So the graph only shows he has improved upon his own poor standards.

Its like sexuals saying we have exceeded expectations this season by finishing fifth. But we have only exceeded expectations because performances under arteta have lowered expectations so far over the last couple of yrs.

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
One could easily blame this on just not having strikers, why that’s so is a separate discussion of course.

But this below is what really bothers me, our chance creation. It needs to be improved on if we want to kick on.

I feel this is a key metric that will get him fired if it doesn’t improve.

Why have we been given two managers in a row whose football is so pathetically bad that we're relegation candidates for chance creation?

After all those years of Arsène's football, and us building a rep as THE club to play good football with technical players, we've somehow undone it all and become a team with zero identity and a collective technical quality of Wigan Athletic.

Please can someone tell me why this has happened and is still happening?

mpower2540

Might be slightly too early to ask this, but seeing as Arteta will be here next season, how well (or not well) do you think he'll do?
Thinks it’s almost completely on who we sign. Say we get who we’ve been strongly linked with Jesus, Hickey, Tielemans, Molina then we’re gonna be once again floating between 4/6th probably finishing 6th when Partey inevitably gets injured.

I don’t think Sp**s and Utd are going to be anything amazing next year but I’ll be surprised if they’re as much of a soft touch as this year, particularly Utd surely they’re not going to be as much of a basket case.

I don’t think he’s completely ****, he’s just extremely rigid and basically needs everyone fit and firing for us to look anywhere near capable. There’s nothing special about him other than talking in a way that’s convinced the ownership/majority of the fan base that he is. Sean Wright Phillips was saying it was unbelievable what he’s done with the team this year.......it’s amazing the leeway you get when you implement a “youth project”

SA Gunner

Why have we been given two managers in a row whose football is so pathetically bad that we're relegation candidates for chance creation?

After all those years of Arsène's football, and us building a rep as THE club to play good football with technical players, we've somehow undone it all and become a team with zero identity and a collective technical quality of Wigan Athletic.

Please can someone tell me why this has happened and is still happening?

I think its a combination of us being too conservative (which includes us being slow), combined with us unable to keep possession in good areas to constantly pressurise our opponents and create high quality chances. A lot of focus on the second point for me. A good example of this was our home game against United, we were unable to consistently keep the ball and squeeze them as we pushed up, and their quality on the counter allowed them to get into positions to really hurt us.

Klopp, Pep, Tuchel and Potter to a degree, have their teams keep the ball in the second and final third for longer periods, squeezing their opponents, and that leads to better chances created.

Conte has Sp**s transitioning the ball like lightning, probably the best in Europe I'd say, and their excellent use of space behind is what has them so high up the list.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I think its a combination of us being too conservative (which includes us being slow), combined with us unable to keep possession in good areas to constantly pressurise our opponents and create high quality chances. A lot of focus on the second point for me.

Klopp, Pep, Tuchel and Potter to a degree, have their teams keep the ball in the second and final third for longer periods, and that leads to better chances.

Conte has Sp**s transitioning the ball like lightning, probably the best in Europe I'd say, and their excellent use of space behind is what has them so high up the list.
Absolutely, but why have we been given two managers in a row who are so damn cowardly? It's just so painful. **** the Kroenkes, man. They're utterly ****ing clueless.

SA Gunner

Absolutely, but why have we been given two managers in a row who are so damn cowardly? It's just so painful. **** the Kroenkes, man. They're utterly ****ing clueless.

At risk of sounding like a shill, I think Arteta is actually trying to be very brave actually. Pushing us up the way we do, especially with us being so poor in creating and finishing chances.

Call it principles, call it stupidity, but look at how we played for the first 20 minutes at Sp**s. We didnt have to push up so much and pressure them from the front, but we did. We could have just sat back and forced them to play as they were ones desperate for points.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I think Arteta is actually trying to be very brave actually. Pushing us up the way we do, especially with us being so poor in creating and finishing chances.

Call it principles, call it stupidity, but look at how we played for the first 20 minutes at Sp**s. We didnt have to push up so much and pressure them from the front, but we did. We could have just sat back and forced them to play as they were ones desperate for points.
Ok that's true, he is trying to push us up nowadays but it's still really inconsistent.

What bothers me the most is he doesn't espouse quick short passing and combination play. It's like he wasn't even paying attention to his own team when he was at City.

SA Gunner

Ok that's true, he is trying to push us up nowadays but it's still really inconsistent.

What bothers me the most is he doesn't espouse quick short passing and combination play. It's like he wasn't even paying attention to his own team when he was at City.

Yeah this is a big worry for me too, and it will get him sacked. You cannot be in the relegation zone for chances created and midtable for goals scored if you want to be a team around the top of the table.

Its one thing to get in good forwards, but we need to create more opportunities for them to score goals. Arteta is lacking in that area as we see with our stats.

Top Bottom