• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Goonerist

The way we crumpled the way we bottled it to our biggest rivals are things I will find it hard to forget and forgive. It's almost like asking you to forget and forgive your wife that has cheated on you before.
While things might move good beyond but the history & hurt can never be written off
Bottling it against Sp**s on the finish line is going to be so painful to forget. You ask yourself what happened to the mentality against Newcastle when all we had to do was attack, we looked like confused scared little puppies that night.
So painful but it is what it is.. Just looking forwards to the summer dealings and next season. Can’t keep feeling sorry for ourselves..

Lets see how we do next season..

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I think this is where context is key. Start of the season id have taken 5th and decent cup runs. As the season progressed that changed. To now finish 5th feels underwhelming. And to top that off it feels like the football has gotten worse. We defended better for a long period but the arse fell out of that as well.

Its hard to get excited for next season.
Perfectly said. We'd have all taken this at the outset, but given what transpired this year (United implosion, Chelsea sanctions, Sp**s sputtering – culminating with us holding a lead that late in the year), there's no doubt that this stings.

Goonerist

We bottled top 4 in the same way Leicester did the previous 2 seasons. The difference between a good season and an average one sadly.
It’s so painful..
An anticlimax.
But it’s not the end of the world. It’s just one season and we still have another season(s) ahead to make amends..

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The clock is ticking tho.

He's up against the other top 6 with superior managers, no Ole, Nuno, Rangnick, etc holding them back now. Factor in EL playing Thursday-Sunday every other week.

As patient as the fans have been I think they will be a lot more expectant going forward, from 5th the only way you can progress is top 4. If we're not in the mix come Christmas (which I think is a possibility unless we really improve our depth) then things might get a bit spicy.

At the moment you're hoping Conte clashes with Levy, you're hoping Ten Hag has too much to do, you're hoping Tuchel has outstayed his welcome like most Chelsea managers. That's before you even discuss Newcastle.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
These fans make arteta even more unbearable. Why do people buy into this stuff? This project is so clearly going to end in tears lool
This annoys me as well.

I get that some people say that the Arteta criticism can get extreme at times, but it's not comparable. Fans being unfairly critical of a situation is like some Liverpool fans over the past ~12-18 months who have been calling for FSG to leave despite them overseeing insane success. A few quite transfer windows, one struggling season (mainly down to injuries) and a sizeable amount of their fanbase got angsty and kept saying they needed to sell the club. That's not what's happening at Arsenal.

The issue I have with rabid Arteta defenders is that they either actively spin failures, negatives, etc.. as positives or they completely and utterly ignore them and say them have no bearing whatsoever on this supposed long term success that we're destined for. It's unhealthy.

MATHEO

He chose to have these players because he got rid of the older ones. That's no excuse for throwing away 4th place. He outspent the whole prem this season.
I never said that this is enough for Arsenal or that we couldn't have done better with a world class manager. All I said I wouldn't sack a manager whos in an upwards trajectory, we have improved this season and the flaws in our squad are fixable, signing adequate strikers would take us to the next level and don't forget all these young players should get better, 5th is never good for Arsenal especially after the money spent but all I'm saying the signs are saying we should be optimistic about the future

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
We bottled top 4 in the same way Leicester did the previous 2 seasons. The difference between a good season and an average one sadly.
What if you bottle it due to amateurish management, to your worst rival and become the laughingstock of the league; is that the new average at Arsenal? This was a sub par season in my book, he should be let go. But nothing tells you how complacent and uninterested in winning the higher ups are when Arteta was given a 3 year extension after 3 straight losses to lower ranked teams in the thick of a CL race. Many of the grassroots, the fans of the club have become accepting of mediocrity as well.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

The clock is ticking tho.

He's up against the other top 6 with superior managers, no Ole, Nuno, Rangnick, etc holding them back now. Factor in EL playing Thursday-Sunday every other week.

As patient as the fans have been I think they will be a lot more expectant going forward, from 5th the only way you can progress is top 4. If we're not in the mix come Christmas (which I think is a possibility unless we really improve our depth) then things might get a bit spicy.

At the moment you're hoping Conte clashes with Levy, you're hoping Ten Hag has too much to do, you're hoping Tuchel has outstayed his welcome like most Chelsea managers. That's before you even discuss Newcastle.
I wonder if top 4 is in the schedule for the fans next season seeing as this season would’ve been ahead of schedule if we made it. Genuinely curious to see this calendar. I don’t see a single scenario where we make top 4 next season tbh.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I wonder if top 4 is in the schedule for the fans next season seeing as this season would’ve been ahead of schedule if we made it. Genuinely curious to see this calendar. I don’t see a single scenario where we make top 4 next season tbh.

I'm already expecting a tweet like the one below after we've lost the first 7 matches next season.

Mind you, he'll have to come up with another ball-like sport seeing as he's already exhausted the basketball option :lol:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Hope Potter is still available after the world cup! Its time for Tets and the sexuals to step up or step out!! Just think by the end of the window he will have spent not far off of half a billion ffs. A rookie spending half a billion wow.

Top Bottom