• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Are people seriously downplaying Conte’s achievements to defend Arteta?

Before he took over Chelsea:

View attachment 6935

In his first season:

View attachment 6936

Before he took over at Inter:

View attachment 6937

In his second season at Inter:

View attachment 6938

I hate Sp**s as much as all of you but there’s no doubt he’s a very good manager when he has the resources and full backing. The issue many have had with him was not his quality but how unpredictable he is (he may just walk out) when things go bad.

What he did at Juve was very impressive as well. They hadn't won Serie A since the match fixing scandal and had went through a load of managers once they came back up. He basically set them on the road to becoming the dominate side in that league again. Ironically he was the one that also took them down with Inter.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
So typical of a Pub League Mik managed side they play their best football when it doesn’t matter. First time we score 4 goals or more in a season and you can’t even enjoy it because it comes on the heels of the worst tank job in recent memory. Maybe when my cornhole isn’t still sore I could get around to giving a crap about his team running the score up on a relegation team celebrating being safe at home with nothing to play for. For a repeat performance Arteta is literally going to steal candy from a baby. Way to put in your best goal performance lads after you collectively kicked us in the Jimmy, Arsenal win 5-1 and I didn’t even crack a smile, only Tets could manage this

GDeep™

League is very weak
Are you talking about me?

I'm not upset and having a go at Conte, I've seen enough of his style to know that he isnt what we should be looking at, from his style of football, to his whinging and leaving after 18-20 months.

If you want to sell your soul for riches, by all means... but actually get someone who will bring in the riches, not a manager that's not even top five in world football.
What’s your top 5? Conte is most definitely in most peoples top 5.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The right tools & talent are needed to win the league at any one time.

Let's take us for example. Had Wenger left in 2014 after winning the cup. We would've had a chance at getting Conte before he took over the Italian national team & he would've jumped at the chance to come here.

The 2015 window with Conte would've had more additions than Cech alone which would've delivered the title that eventually went to Leicester because we were overconfident in our squad.

Yes this is true, with the right additions you can build a winning team and look like a million bucks.

Look at Ancelotti right now... looks a world beater again, doesnt he?

I just think that once the game is equalised however, when you have the best resources, and best players just like your noisy neighbours, and have to compete over 10 months... then having the most money doesnt matter so much anymore. Its all about what you bring to the table in terms of your style. That's why I rate Klopp as football's number 1 right now.

Ironically for a serial league winner like Conte, I still dont think he would be good enough, crazy right. :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I can say with certainty the style of play Conte has deployed at Sp**s, similarly to last season at Inter and 16/17 is absolute MILES and I mean MILES better than the dross we've been subjected to under Arteta.

I understand it's subjective but I've always loved watching Conte teams from Juve to Chelsea to Inter. 17/18 at times was pretty bad, but other than that his teams are always pretty well balanced and lethal in transition. Part of the reason I watched Serie A more in the last two seasons (prior to this one) was because of how Inter played. His Chelsea 16/17 side produced some amazing performances vs United, City and Everton scoring plenty of goals. I never understand this style of play argument with Conte, he's not Allegri or Simeone level of negative, but he's not exactly all out attack either, he just likes balance and puts heavy emphasis on transition.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I can say with certainty the style of play Conte has deployed at Sp**s, similarly to last season at Inter and 16/17 is absolute MILES and I mean MILES better than the dross we've been subjected to under Arteta.

This current version of Mourinho wouldn’t even be one of my choices but I’d take him over Teta aswell.

We’re getting dross football anyways, at least under Mou I’d be sure there wouldn’t be any “free hits”, these passengers (Edu and Vinai) would be questioned and we’d have something to laugh about with his antics.

It’s obvious the board are cowards and can’t handle a big character.

SA Gunner

What’s your top 5? Conte is most definitely in most peoples top 5.

Klopp, Pep, Tuchel, Zidane, Ancelotti.

Mind you, Im really biased when it comes to managers, preferring a style of dominant attacking football. But you could interchange and put in Simeone, Allegri, Mourinho, Conte based on what they've done. I wouldnt.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Wait until the reality of a rebuild hits you in the face.

We'll be singing ETH's name when you wont want to.
Except they are a bigger club than us and can blow us away in terms of the money they can offer to players.

If their recruitment targets the right players instead of the ones that sell the most shirts (always been the problem at United), they will be above us in the table and most likely will take a CL spot.

Tir Na Nog

I've let go of the Wenger style tbh I've accepted it's not coming back, I'd still like Potter but if not I'd rather go from someone who's capable of getting the most out of the resources available. I don't think we'll progress much with an idealist.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

This current version of Mourinho wouldn’t even be one of my choices but I’d take him over Teta aswell.

We’re getting dross football anyways, at least under Mou I’d be sure there wouldn’t be any “free hits”, these passengers (Edu and Vinai) would be questioned and we’d something to laugh about with his antics.

It’s obvious the board are cowards and can’t handle a big character.

Close your eyes & try for a moment to picture a meeting between the Kroenke's, Edu & Vinai on one side of the room. And, on the other side, is Louis Van Gaal. None of the former will get out alive the same way they went in :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Are you talking about me?

I'm not upset and having a go at Conte, I've seen enough of his style to know that he isnt what we should be looking at, from his style of football, to his whinging and leaving after 18-20 months.

If you want to sell your soul for riches, by all means... but actually get someone who will bring in the riches, not a manager that's not even top five in world football.
You know he is talking about you based on what he has written. Debate with me. Called me a Sp**s fan. Insulted me. Goaded me during their Newcastle match.

Looks like I was right all along. Apologise on a postcard :)

SA Gunner

Except they are a bigger club than us and can blow us away in terms of the money they can offer to players.

If their recruitment targets the right players instead of the ones that sell the most shirts (always been the problem at United), they will be above us in the table and most likely will take a CL spot.

Yes this can happen, but a rebuild remains a rebuild.

It wasnt that long ago when Pep was called Fraudiola, and patience was running thin with Klopp amongst portions of the fanbase.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

No one is disputing United's status as a bigger club. What I will dispute, however, is that players will always choose them over us. This fallacy was proven when both clubs were in the CL & we got not only Özil but Sanchez as well.

Keep in mind, other than their stature & history, United have to pay massive funds because I doubt ANY player wants to actually settle in Manchester.

That's where London plays a huge role for us. All we need are competent, ambitious owners, a world-class manager & a project that's enticing to prospective players and I'm certain we'd have any northern club beat. If it comes down to silly wages, well, at least we tried :lol:

Tir Na Nog

No one is disputing United's status as a bigger club. What I will dispute, however, is that players will always choose them over us. This fallacy was proven when both clubs were in the CL & we got not only Özil but Sanchez as well.

Keep in mind, other than their stature & history, United have to pay massive funds because I doubt ANY player wants to actually settle in Manchester.

That's where London plays a huge role for us. All we need are competent, ambitious owners, a world-class manager & a project that's enticing to prospective players and I'm certain we'd have any northern club beat. If it comes down to silly wages, well, at least we tried :lol:

There's one reason why Özil and Alexis came here and you've not mentioned it in this post.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

There's one reason why Özil and Alexis came here and you've not mentioned it in this post.

Definitely a big draw you're right, I should've mentioned Wenger. My point, however, remains the same in that we have a lot of other factors going for us.

When Arsène stepped down, a lot of managers clamored to replace him. We ultimately went with Emery but I wish the board had humored Wenger & went with Ancelotti.

Top Bottom