• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
He's getting a bit too big headed, tbh.

Normally I would would want us to sell him (as he doesn't want to come back and I don't want to lose him for free) but after all the **** he has been talking recently.

I want Arteta to bring him back for the last 2 years of his contract, but never play him ever and just stick him in the reserves for that whole time.

Arsenal OWN him, he can't be deciding were he plays...time for a power move from the club!
Arsenal do not own anyone. This is not the days of slavery you bigoted asshole.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Yeah, I have a contract with my employers (of a sort), they don't OWN me, I am an employee/asset. The agreement is I turn up to work & do some work & they pay me. If they decide I need a bit of improvement, they might send me off to training school or a sister company so I can learn the ropes (ie a loan).

If I get a contract offer i like from another company & my present company get an attractive cash offer to reimburse for their lost 'asset' (in the loosest possible terms with me lol), they will release me from the contract & I no longer become an employee of my company.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Seen a few people mention the "own" thing a few times now, was a little funny at first but feel it hasn't gone down the way I intended.

Meant Arteta could treat him as awfully as he has in the past, the possible slavery reference didn't occur to me...was just a troll post.

Sorry lads though...much love, Riou!

Reactions: A_G

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Seen a few people mention the "own" thing a few times now, was a little funny at first but feel it hasn't gone down the way I intended.

Meant Arteta could treat him as awfully as he has in the past, the possible slavery reference didn't occur to me...was just a troll post.

Frankly, people conflating your post with slavery are looking for an issue where its obvious there is none. The club owns the registrations of the players while they are under contract. So in a professional sense Arsenal do 'own' him for the duration of the contract. As is the case with every player. The players wouldn't be assets otherwise, and the very concept of transfer fees would be easy to challenge/bypass.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

You really didn't need to justify that post you made. FFS we do own open him, he's our player, under contract. Maybe the whole football transfer fee system should be torn up altogether but that's another debate.

Arteta might be the wrong manager for us, but the cheap shots about him being a racist on here are pretty disgraceful imo

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, I have a contract with my employers (of a sort), they don't OWN me, I am an employee/asset. The agreement is I turn up to work & do some work & they pay me. If they decide I need a bit of improvement, they might send me off to training school or a sister company so I can learn the ropes (ie a loan).

If I get a contract offer i like from another company & my present company get an attractive cash offer to reimburse for their lost 'asset' (in the loosest possible terms with me lol), they will release me from the contract & I no longer become an employee of my company.

Hmm I mean footballers aren’t employees in the way normal people are employees, it’s facetious to pretend they are.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Frankly, people conflating your post with slavery are looking for an issue where its obvious there is none. The club owns the registrations of the players while they are under contract. So in a professional sense Arsenal do 'own' him for the duration of the contract. As is the case with every player. The players wouldn't be assets otherwise, and the very concept of transfer fees would be easy to challenge/bypass.
It's still a load of nonsense, players openly rebel against their "owners" all the time, citing back pain or some other ****, we even had players at Arsenal who threatened to score own goals if they don't get their move.

Just six months Auba had a contract with us and we paid the buying club to take him off our hands, acting like we're in some great position to bully the player - which is clearly unwanted by Arteta - or other clubs just looks ridiculous.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Anywhere else and you'd know that valuation would be total bullshit, but this is Arsenal and Edu... Selling this lad for £25/26M would just be Edu doing Edu things.
Tbh with 2 years left on his deal and no leverage for us, £25m is not unrealistic.

Malky

Established Member
Tbh with 2 years left on his deal and no leverage for us, £25m is not unrealistic.
The way we've handled this from the start has been a disgrace, so we might aswel top it off by selling Saliba at a loss. :facepalm:

Reactions: A_G

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If Saliba says "I only want to go to Marseille and I won't consider other offers" we have very little option than to get the most we can out of Marseille.

People saying oh we shouldn't sell for less than 50m etc etc etc. Nobody is offering that.

When was the last time anyone signed a defender from France for 50m. Because let's face it. That's what they are signing. He hasn't kicked a ball for us so he isn't even considered as a PL player.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
So ... If Saliba does leave, what Centre Backs do people think we should be looking at to replace him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom