• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

My beef is that we dont seem to have the same energy we have with Arteta. Its everyone's else's **** ups that had us challenging for 4th, Arteta's **** ups getting us playing one game a week and out of the cups early.

With this guy Conte... its his genius for doing the same thing? And whining on top of it all? Nah duck that.
Arteta doesn't get any energy outside of Arsenal-Mania, only sympathy :lol:

He's about to get god knows how much this summer to pretty much do the same sh*t next season and we all just have to watch.

I remember when A__G said this, but again - who said Conte is a genius? I mean a real manager who knows what he's doing, yeah sure. He came 4th with a team most of this forum would not want outside of Son and Kane, it's not like he won the championship so I don't get the genius complaints.

Arteta to him is baby food and he did what he had to do, why so mad?

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
But can you also apply the same energy to Conte that was given to Arteta for most of this season?

That Conte finished fourth because United, Arsenal, West Ham failed this season?

He exited the cups early, forfeited Europe to play one game a week as well.
Arteta had 3 years, 300m invested and the entire season.

Conte had to do a turn around job from 9th place after coming in midway.

Haphazard

Consider the following....

A Man United team that underperformed this season.
An Arsenal that collapsed at the end of this season, from a very strong position.
A West Ham team that couldnt keep up this season.
A Wolves team that couldnt keep up this season.

Add to that Conte running away from the Conference League, exiting domestic cups early, to get to playing one game a week.

What does being at the club for 2.5 years, having spent 150m+ in the market, and other things you say Arteta has done got to do with the following I've just stated?

This is exactly what we were saying when Arsenal were pushing for a CL finish. Every other team and their manager were allowing this, and we were playing one game a week. Why does it not apply now?

Dude it's literally there in your post. Like you said collapsed from a very strong position that is what the 150m/2.5 years linkage comes into place.

Conte took advantage of Arteta being a bottler, call that genius , call that luck , call that a fluke whatever. The fact remains that Arteta did not take advantage of Sp**s being in turmoil mid way through the season he finished 2 points behind a team that at 1 point he was 6 points (with 1 game in hand) ahead of.

mpower2540

Can someone please unlock this puff piece?
Honestly she’s the most insufferable of the lot to me. “The days of a divided fan base are gone” - such fawning bullshit, there’s not been some irreversible Renaissance with the fans. They bought in this year because we were in the fight for champions league and much of the athletic rhetoric has been that it’s a young team that are doing amazingly well and we need to be patient.......fair.

Next season is going to be so interesting and we’re dangling on a knife edge. If this goes pear shaped the fan base will go back to exactly where it was before........Arsenal haven’t fixed anything theyve just given out a semblance of hope that can easily be destroyed very quickly.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Arteta doesn't get any energy outside of Arsenal-Mania, only sympathy :lol:

He's about to get god knows how much this summer to pretty much do the same sh*t next season and we all just have to watch.

I remember when A__G said this, but again - who said Conte is a genius? I mean a real manager who knows what he's doing, yeah sure. He came 4th with a team most of this forum would not want outside of Son and Kane, it's not like he won the championship so I don't get the genius complaints.

Arteta to him is baby food and he did what he had to do, why so mad?

You should visit Redcafe more often then, you'll see the very same talking points you see here. I get that they're biased United fans, but you would expect us here to see the wood for the trees, instead of jumping on those exact same lazy conclusions.

Anyway, I digress.

I've been accused of quote "twerking for Arteta but not rate Conte", but Im not comparing the two managers. I say he is not the answer for any club that wants to play dominant, attacking football like City and Liverpool play, and the football that is played at the highest levels of the game.

That is why United didnt bother with him, same with PSG, Bayern and Madrid. Clubs who have all changed managers in the last 18 months, while Conte was a free agent.

Is he a good manager, of course yes. Is he better than Arteta, absolutely. Is he what we need here at Arsenal, absolutely not.

I've said my peace on this matter... let me stop now before my hate switches from Tierney to this guy.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Why are we comparing a serial winner like Conte, to Mikel Arteta? Embarrassing.

He’s done more in 6 months than Mikel has done in 3 years at the club.
All Conte has done has just exposed Arteta, much like Aubemeyang exposed Arteta, plus Guendouzi and Saliba also exposing Arteta. More and more exposures but Arteta has an uncanny ability to shrug them off or make it look like it's not him.

Fine, if Conte is a piece of sh*t manager then so be it, but atleast as a forum can we acknowledge that he got that half a season excuse the f*ck out of here :lol:

Cause I remember a lot of guys exonerating Arteta of all blame for his first season here since he joined midway, but as we can all see it can be done.

SA Gunner

Dude it's literally there in your post. Like you said collapsed from a very strong position that is what the 150m/2.5 years linkage comes into place.

Conte took advantage of Arteta being a bottler, call that genius , call that luck , call that a fluke whatever. The fact remains that Arteta did not take advantage of Sp**s being in turmoil mid way through the season he finished 2 points behind a team that at 1 point he was 6 points (with 1 game in hand) ahead of.

Yes, exactly, Conte took advantage of Arteta's mismanagement and got Sp**s into the CL. That is credit to Conte for taking the opportunity home.

Its got nothing to do with 150m+ spent, 2+ years at the club, etc. It was one moment at the end of the season.

• Dislike
Reactions: Kav

TornadoTed

Established Member
Massive pressure on Mikel for next season, the rebuild has been going on long enough, he has to deliver.

We need 70+ points, 70+ goals and concede less than a goal per game as a minimum requirement. That still puts us 20 odd points and goals behind City and Liverpool but would be enough for a proper top 4 challenge even if our competition don't flounder like they have this season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Even if he got Champions League football this season, it still would have come with an asterisk next to it.

As I have said before, competing in Europe and the league at the same time, should be the minimum aim for Arsenal...we can't be in Europe and finishing 8th again, that's unacceptable.

Would much rather finish top 4 next season, while getting to the final stages of the Europa...or get Top 6 next season, while winning the Europa...that should be what we are looking for, rather than 4th this season, that would show proper progress to a club of our level.

He's got a lot of work to do, Arteta needs to keep improving, or he will be moved on soon.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

It's not so much the comparison between Conte & Tets that I find shocking as much as the derision heaped on Conte, a world-class manager, on here by acolytes of Tets & neutrals alike.

Both couldn't be more different if they tried.

One's an Apex predator whilst the other's a domesticated version that simply grovels at it's master's feet for recognition.

SA Gunner

It's not so much the comparison between Conte & Tets that I find shocking as much as the derision heaped on Conte, a world-class manager, on here by acolytes of Tets & neutrals alike.

Both couldn't be more different if they tried.

One's an Apex predator whilst the other's a domesticated version that simply grovels at it's master's feet for recognition.

Whoever makes the Conte v Arteta comparison are wrong, because there is no comparison right now. Conte is hands down better.

The question I put to posters here is not just what we need now, but what we need as a club to build a sustainable platform for success going forward, looking at what the game demands now.

I say you invest in a Klopp, a Tuchel, a Ten Hag, a Nagelsman, a Potter if you are building for the long term with limited resources. You can invest in a Conte or Pep sure, but at what cost?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Here's the best part.

There are posters out here who actually believe Conte can out muscle Pep and Klopp, and win the league, with his style of football over a season.

You'd expect such delusion from Sp**s fans, but you have Arsenal fans coming up with such nonsense.
Conte did win the league title when even when competing with Klopp and Pep and got 93 points. That doesn't strike me as a league version of Emery.

Even if he is, isn't that what we want?

SA Gunner

Conte did win the league title when even when competing with Klopp and Pep and got 93 points. That doesn't strike me as a league version of Emery.

Even if he is, isn't that what we want?

Those days Klopp and Guardiola were frauds remember ;)

On a serious note, those were notable achievements and Conte deserves all the praise there. He remains a world class manager of course and any team would be lucky to have him.

But he isnt someone for a five year rebuild, and that's what Arsenal need. Whether its Tets or someone else.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
All Conte has done has just exposed Arteta, much like Aubemeyang exposed Arteta, plus Guendouzi and Saliba also exposing Arteta. More and more exposures but Arteta has an uncanny ability to shrug them off or make it look like it's not him.

Fine, if Conte is a piece of sh*t manager then so be it, but atleast as a forum can we acknowledge that he got that half a season excuse the f*ck out of here :lol:

Cause I remember a lot of guys exonerating Arteta of all blame for his first season here since he joined midway, but as we can all see it can be done.
At this point Artetasexuals just hate on everything that makes Arteta look bad.
Conte is better than 99,5% managers out there, what's the problem to admit that he's better than Arteta too? Jesus.

Haphazard

Our fans are sold such easy lies.

Don't want a top manager because of some 'project' that will apparently take 5 years meanwhile other clubs just hire good managers to go along with good players and actually progress.

2.5 years in a 35% loss rate and an inability to score in 1 out of every 4 matches but I am being told we are building towards something. They can never describe it, they just say building towards something lol.

The club likes Arteta because he is a good PR merchant that can talk pure BS without any shame. The day before the Newcastle game he said that top 4 was the main target this season and after the game he said we have overachieved.

Reactions: Kav

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Massive pressure on Mikel for next season, the rebuild has been going on long enough, he has to deliver.

We need 70+ points, 70+ goals and concede less than a goal per game as a minimum requirement. That still puts us 20 odd points and goals behind City and Liverpool but would be enough for a proper top 4 challenge even if our competition don't flounder like they have this season.

Would actually like some defined targets for him, so we can avoid a situation where he can shift the goalposts after we bottle the season.

I Like the targets you set as well. For me it should be 75 points, +30 to 40 GD, and winning the Europa League.

Latest posts

Top Bottom