• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: One Mo Year

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We will sign a starting CM, Partey is too injury prone for us not too.

So it will be the new guy, plus one of Thomas/Xhaka...and providing the new guy is of the quality we all expect.(plus someone who has the physical qualities to compliment Granit) that's a good enough midfield to get Champions League.

Mo is just being kept because he's a decent backup player, to cover in cups and early Europa games...will maybe allow us to get Lokonga a loan too, which could be very useful for us in the future.

Don't nreally see an issue with him getting a new deal.

Kwaku

That will mean tweaking the system. There's no way Xhaka or anyone else can perform Partey's role without a massive drop in quality
Fair enough but employing Xhaka as a hybrid 8 has its limitations because he’s not dynamic enough. For Arsenal to reach a higher level the team needs a CM that can do more than Xhaka higher up the pitch.

I don’t want to see Xhaka starting next season unless it’s for rotation or injury purposes.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

...perfect way to end this wonderful season!

GoonerJay24

I think we will anyway but at least this is something we haven't tried yet. We can't keep resorting to failed experiments

Xhaka in a 433 ahead of Partey works well, especially at home and against certain opponents. I personally feel we should maintain that cohesion then gradually introduce ESR into that role.

Youth development is complex particularly witj positional changes. This should be similar to Ramsey's transition from a wide midfielder to a central one in 2012.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Xhaka in a 433 ahead of Partey works well, especially at home and against certain opponents. I personally feel we should maintain that cohesion then gradually introduce ESR into that role.

Youth development is complex particularly witj positional changes. This should be similar to Ramsey's transition from a wide midfielder to a central one in 2012.
We need something that works for most games. Partey works in all circumstances and we need another two than can do the same. We can't have too many goldilocks players or rely on Partey staying fit to make Xhaka work. We need to find a system and stick with it with bench players able to do a job to cover injury. I agree on youth development but iirc, Wenger got Ramsey working in a year. 18 months in and ESR has stalled a bit

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It doesn’t work well. It’s decent. Another season we make up future midfielders with xhaka on it. It took years for us to realise xhaka as dm is a liability, so now it’s like to cover his weakness let’s move him forward so he doesn’t harm us. Not that he adds anything further up. He just won’t harm us that’s where we are with him. If he is starter another season I hope he is out all of next season

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Rather el with players i like than CL with players I don’t like. But then again I am one of the few romantic fans left

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Shocker!

As Elnenny said to Arsenal:

help-is-on-the-way-dear-mrs-doubtfire.gif

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Genuinely amazed at this one. Before Arteta lost faith in Lokonga he'd barely played a minute.

I'd love to be able to think by now that we're a more professional outfit than giving new deals out on the back of a handful games at the end of a season but that's asking a lot.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'm happy with this, he is a great guy and good backup for Partey in the 6 role.

When you look at the amount of work we already need to do this Summer rebuilding the attack, adding quality in midfield (left sided 8) and fullback areas this looks like a sensible piece of business.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Genuinely amazed at this one. Before Arteta lost faith in Lokonga he'd barely played a minute.

I'd love to be able to think by now that we're a more professional outfit than giving new deals out on the back of a handful games at the end of a season but that's asking a lot.

Unfortunately all evidence is to the contrary.

Haphazard

As long as he is used against lower tier competition in the cups/league its an ok decision considering that we do need depth and more importantly we need to buy starters this summer.

Top Bottom