• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

even so there will be so many chances they look so dodgy in 2022 any bad run of form and he take their place without problem. also will give them competition because holding won't make white and gabriel worried.

So many chances? Again: Saliba will not accept being a fvcking back up for the tattooed loser.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If this is true and Saliba comes back, I don't think there's a need for a fullback signing. White can cover RB, Tomi can cover RB/LB, as can Cedric. Spend all of the money on forward and midfielders.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

If this is true and Saliba comes back, I don't think there's a need for a fullback signing. White can cover RB, Tomi can cover RB/LB, as can Cedric. Spend all of the money on forward and midfielders.

The intention is to force him to force himself out.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we didn't have it in many years
because we weren't serious every position was only have 1 good player and their backup were miles behind of quality now having Gabriel White and Saliba would allow us to breathe easily same in midfield with Tielemans Xhaka Partey. competition bring the best of players we not asking to make the squad man city quality but make it better so when we have injures we won't be f**ked.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

That would be understandable reasoning if not for the fact he signed Gabriel and then White knowing full well we already had Saliba on the books. Surely Saliba could've had one of those places which would then allowed us to use the money spent on either one of them in other positions?

I just don't see how there was ever a plan for him when you sign two young players in the same position.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even for example if we didn't buy ben white and let saliba play with Gabriel this season in summer we'll be forced to spend good amount of money for respectable 3rd choice. so we'll be in similar scenario.

but now we not need to do it just focus your investment on important positions. i'd still want us sell Holding he not good enough time to get 10M for him.

Tom349

That would be understandable reasoning if not for the fact he signed Gabriel and then White knowing full well we already had Saliba on the books. Surely Saliba could've had one of those places which would then allowed us to use the money spent on either one of them in other positions?

I just don't see how there was ever a plan for him when you sign two young players in the same position.

It really isn't hard to understand.

White and Gabriel are currently better. End of story.

Saliba ability to defend crosses will be exposed big time once he starts getting PL minutes. He has the potential to make this area of his game a strength but right now it his biggest weakness and the weakness which would be exposed the most playing in the PL.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Yeah, it's really amazing how hard it has been for the majority of this forum to wrap their heads around what in the end has been a relatively simple situation. In the end, all the conspiracy theorising for nothing 😅 😬

(Anything for A-M to find a stick to beat with Arteta with, no matter how many mental gymnastics it takes, though...)

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Saliba ability to defend crosses will be exposed big time once he starts getting PL minutes. He has the potential to make this area of his game a strength but right now it his biggest weakness and the weakness which would be exposed the most playing in the PL.

I don't believe it's anywhere near as clear cut as that. I'd rate them all currently very similarly. If he'd had the minutes Gabriel has had since we signed him I think he'd have performed to a similar level. Let's not forget at the time we signed Gabriel, Saliba was the more experienced player.

Bloodbather

Established Member

What a mountain out of a molehill all of you have made with Saliba haha.
I do think some have been too pessimistic about the Saliba's future here, but things that were worthy of critique certainly happened. Not putting him in the European list and leaving him with the U-23 for a half a season was inexplicable, and we really could've done with the depth he'd provide this season.

Ultimately the Marseille loan did improve him as a player and I'm excited to have him back.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If he can possibly stay away, he should. Sitting on the bench will ruin his career like it did for Pepe. He needs to play under a decent manager and continue his excellent progress.

Tom349

I don't believe it's anywhere near as clear cut as that. I'd rate them all currently very similarly. If he'd had the minutes Gabriel has had since we signed him I think he'd have performed to a similar level. Let's not forget at the time we signed Gabriel, Saliba was the more experienced player.

Doesn't matter how you rate them. You're not the manager.

Arteta rightly or wrongly didn't think Saliba was ready. He also wanted him to develop which he wasn't going to do sitting on the bench. He has gained more experience and a spot in now open for him in the squad that will allow him to continue develop while pushing White/Gabriel out should his performances warrant it.

We will know a lot more about the whole situation the moment he plays a few games in the PL. Im a big fan of his potential but I do think he is a lot more raw than fans think and I suspect we will see those growing pains a lot more from him this coming season than we have seen them from White/Gabriel this past season. Which is to be expected given he is a few years younger.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Doesn't matter how you rate them. You're not the manager.

Arteta rightly or wrongly didn't think Saliba was ready. He also wanted him to develop which he wasn't going to do sitting on the bench. He has gained more experience and a spot in now open for him in the squad that will allow him to continue develop while pushing White/Gabriel out should his performances warrant it.

We will know a lot more about the whole situation the moment he plays a few games in the PL. Im a big fan of his potential but I do think he is a lot more raw than fans think and I suspect we will see those growing pains a lot more from him this coming season than we have seen them from White/Gabriel this past season. Which is to be expected given he is a few years younger.

If he really wanted him to develop there was loads of opportunity for that last season. No matter how anyone rates/doesn't rate him there's absolutely zero doubt he'd have been ready to play in the Europa League group stages and the domestic cup games last season.

Nobodies perfect but there's little doubt we've made a mess of this situation and it's going to cost us a really good young player who could potentially become a great one.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
If he really wanted him to develop there was loads of opportunity for that last season. No matter how anyone rates/doesn't rate him there's absolutely zero doubt he'd have been ready to play in the Europa League group games and the domestic cup games last season.

Nobodies perfect but there's little doubt we've made a mess of this situation and it's going to cost us a really good young player who could potentially become a great player.

Saliba just did an interview where he admitted to downing tools in training. How can you go into a season where you see a player who has given up in preseason training? Botching his loan can be put on the club, sure, but he had to play regularly and we couldn't risk doing it here especially with the coaches seeing his mindset weekly.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Exactly. Too many cretins on line forming violent opinions without any capacity to analyse. Its clear the club see him as a prize asset and one they can't devalue by rotting on the bench getting max 10 games a season. Saliba has the highest ceiling of all our defenders, but he can't do holding's closing job, can't distribute as well as White and isn't as physically aggressive as Gabriel. He should be 3rd CB in a rotation if pre-season goes well and he doesn't throw his toys out of the pram in an attempt to force a move to a club like Marseilles who will never win a major trophy during his career

Tom349

If he really wanted him to develop there was loads of opportunity for that last season. No matter how anyone rates/doesn't rate him there's absolutely zero doubt he'd have been ready to play in the Europa League group games and the domestic cup games last season.

Nobodies perfect but there's little doubt we've made a mess of this situation and it's going to cost us a really good young player who could potentially become a great player.

Easy to say from your computer screen but Im sure Arteta who has deal with egos in the dressing room had a much better understanding of the situation.

What happens when the likes of Mustafi don't get any game time? What issues do they create behind the scenes opposed to a 19 year old who was hardly putting in the best of the performances in the u23's.

Had the loan deal gone through all this innuendo regarding Arteta/Saliba would have never exist, which Arteta wasn't the reason the loan deal fell through.

That really good young player is coming back to us and unless you own a crystal ball you don't know what the future holds.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Easy to say from your computer screen but Im sure Arteta who has deal with egos in the dressing room had a much better understanding of the situation.

What happens when the likes of Mustafi don't get any game time? What issues do they create behind the scenes opposed to a 19 year old who was hardly putting in the best of the performances in the u23's.

Had the loan deal gone through all this innuendo regarding Arteta/Saliba would have never exist, which Arteta wasn't the reason the loan deal fell through.

That really good young player is coming back to us and unless you own a crystal ball you don't know what the future holds.

Where's Mustafi now then? Chambers? Kolasinac? If we where so concerned with their feelings towards Saliba getting game time ahead of them then why are they all out of the club now?

Your going on about crystal balls after implying that some of these guys didn't like Saliba's attitude. I'd love to know how you've found that one out. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom