• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
It's not like people are LITERALLY saying he was playing there, it's just an OTT way of putting "he should be on the shoulder of their defenders because he's not a general play striker and it makes no sense to give him 250k a week and not play to his strengths".

But that's just to big of a hassle to keep typing. Spray knows that as well.

Gabi's been doing it in certain games recently as well. It's obviously by design but yeah certainly with Auba it made literally zero sense.

D

Deleted member 102404

Literally no ground to stand on when the alternatives are those two. The attempts to justify it are just blatant shilling when even the strongest inners like boonthegoon agree that we made the wrong choice there.

Wages saved v giving yourself as much of a chance at qualifying for the CL. Man are actually tryna justify the former. 😂
Is this something to celebrate? There’s no changing that he scored 5 goals in the PL.

This isn’t HairSpray, he had a brain despite how small it was. Definitely some similarities with their age, I’d probably say 13.

No, it just shows we didn’t miss Auba at all.
We’re actually scored much more as a team without him and Eddie Nketiah even managed to score more in less time.

There is an argument to say we should have got a top striker in Jan and it was a mistake not to, but that’s a separate argument to the decision to get rid of Auba, which didn’t effect us negatively in any way. Quite the opposite.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Nice to see Dokaka is back on his shilling ting. Striker has periods of good and bad form where he’s still scoring at a rate of 1 in 3 at his worst. Wow that’s so bad we were right to pay him to leave and play Nketiah upfront.

Lovely selective sampling, from a guy who isn’t even an Arsenal fan.

God give me strength.

Outside top 4 when they signed him and 2nd at the end of the season. I think they'll be more than happy with what they got out of him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Gabi's been doing it in certain games recently as well. It's obviously by design but yeah certainly with Auba it made literally zero sense.

And even with Gabi, it's killing his stamina, as he's not being smart about how he presses. Mikel needs to work on that because it's been killing fitness of some of our players.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He fits the role more because he runs about like a mad man basically. Not a lot of nuance in that role in our team but football is becoming more and more like that unfortunately.

Again, I feel that we have a slight problem there, because once he is on the touchline Gabi has been pretty good on taking defenders on. His general play has regressed a bit, though.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
And even with Gabi, it's killing his stamina, as he's not being smart about how he presses.
And ultimately, when you're asking your attackers to press defensively in that intensity it will eventually kill their attacking game. Especially when you don't rotate much. Look how used up our wide players looked towards the end of the season.

And then Arteta goes out and says he hopes Saka will get a break this off-season, when he literally played him in every single possible game this season (bar Leeds and Sunderland in the EFL) and in total played 2.994 out of 3.420 minutes in the league (not counting added playing time). Can't tell me that was needed. A 19/20 yo kid shouldn't be ran into the ground like that..

Add to that that our defence isn't better over the entire season numbers wise, and bar scoring 5 (4 from set pieces) against a hungover Everton on the last day, neither is our attack.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Stop talking like you saw his games at Barca. No, we wont believe that you watch Arsenal, Barcelona and West Ham.

What ****ing post is this on a forum dedicated to football? Holy ****. **** me for occasionally watching one of the biggest teams in the world, especially during a fairly interesting rebuild. My bad I guess?

The state of the ****ing forum when you get attacked for actually watching football instead of blindly following Twitter takes and narratives. ****ing hell.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Your thoughts on this?

For what it’s worth to show that I am genuinely asking, I don’t think Auba staying would have changed much.

Too easy to say he would have (he probably wouldn’t have got selected, difficult to make an impact off the bench, we didn’t play to his strengths etc).
I will say this. Would we been worse with Auba around? I think his record as a player speaks for itself and there are bigger chance he would pick some form and get goals compared to what we seen of the other strikers. When you add we didn’t save a penny not having him here, there is no reason he wasn’t kept. This was all about Artetas ego

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I find these projects at the club quite funny tbh. How many different models have we tried to imitate then scrapped? I remember when fans wanted the Liverpool route by signing a spine like they done with VVD, Alisson, Fabinho etc then there was the period that we went for “experience” in going for washed b*ms/journeymen like Willian, Luiz, Lichtsteiner etc. Now it’s a full blown youth project.

Hmmmm serious red flag should be going off on whether they actually know what they’re doing but it’ll be interesting to see how long this “youth project” last for.
This! Honestly **** projects. Just sign good players fgs

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No, it just shows we didn’t miss Auba at all.
We’re actually scored much more as a team without him and Eddie Nketiah even managed to score more in less time.

There is an argument to say we should have got a top striker in Jan and it was a mistake not to, but that’s a separate argument to the decision to get rid of Auba, which didn’t effect us negatively in any way. Quite the opposite.
I don't want to engage with you, we don't share the same reality.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Tets is amazing at PR. He should've started a PR agency for managers instead of being a manager. He's smashing it with the buzzwords; culture reset, non-negotiables, trust the process.

He's that tw*t that used to rival Michael Scott early on in The Office but abandoned Dunder Mifflin for a better opportunity :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

People will say “Auba had attitude problems going back to his Dortmund days”, okay then why did Mikel give him a £250k a week deal knowing this? And why didn’t those attitude problems rear their head under Wenger or Emery?

Because he's a morally bankrupt twit who, had he looked like Ian Dowie, wouldn't have been allowed in the same postal code as The Emirates.

Top Bottom