• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
We should sign Tielemans as an alternative to Ødegaard. We still need another physical midfielder alongside Partey. Sangare/Bissouma/Sanches/Kamara/Camara/Doucoure

Nah, I like Neves but we need a physical specimen.

With Kamara out of the equation we should make a move for Mohammed Camara. He’s perfect for that single pivot role.

Gn1212

Yea last year the Leicester tossers were reckoning Maddison was their worst midfielder. But saltyness brings out all kinds of nonsense

For me Tielemans key strength is his ability to pick a perfectly timed through ball. It's not quite Cesc like but it's much better than what we have right now
A lot of Leicester and PL fans in general had him in the discussion for best #8 in the league last summer.
Liverpool fans were daydreaming of getting him in. The quality is certainly there, is he gonna apply himself here? We'll see.

SlyFox

Yea last year the Leicester tossers were reckoning Maddison was their worst midfielder. But saltyness brings out all kinds of nonsense

For me Tielemans key strength is his ability to pick a perfectly timed through ball. It's not quite Cesc like but it's much better than what we have right now
He WAS our worst midfielder last season, by a country mile. But if you actually bother to go back and read what was said, it was much down to injuries and loss of form. Tieleman's was a well ahead of him in terms of performances, but we still wanted good money for Maddison (which you lot questioned) because we knew what potential there was... and look what happened.

Much like how Maddison was well out of sorts the year before, Tieleman's has been the same this season. When he's on it, he's a player who can elevate a team to another level. I don't really know what his issue is, whether it's lack of motivation or focus or what. But he's been bang average as much as he's been amazing in his time here.

We've not had many options because of injuries, if he was at a Man City, with quality players ready to step in and challenging him constantly and a demanding manager, it might just get him on it every week. He's had these issues elsewhere as well.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He WAS our worst midfielder last season, by a country mile. But if you actually bother to go back and read what was said, it was much down to injuries and loss of form. Tieleman's was a well ahead of him in terms of performances, but we still wanted good money for Maddison (which you lot questioned) because we knew what potential there was... and look what happened.

Much like how Maddison was well out of sorts the year before, Tieleman's has been the same this season. When he's on it, he's a player who can elevate a team to another level. I don't really know what his issue is, whether it's lack of motivation or focus or what. But he's been bang average as much as he's been amazing in his time here.

We've not had many options because of injuries, if he was at a Man City, with quality players ready to step in and challenging him constantly and a demanding manager, it might just get him on it every week. He's had these issues elsewhere as well.
@SlyFox - would your lot take a straight Pepe / Tielemans swap? Makes a lot of sense on the face of it...

SlyFox

@SlyFox - would your lot take a straight Pepe / Tielemans swap? Makes a lot of sense on the face of it...
I mean, we need a right winger. I suppose it's whether they think they can get better with the cash we'd get instead. Can't say I've seen a huge amount of him this year, looked good against us, but I know he's been very disappointing in the main. Swap deals very rarely get done anyway.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I mean, we need a right winger. I suppose it's whether they think they can get better with the cash we'd get instead. Can't say I've seen a huge amount of him this year, looked good against us, but I know he's been very disappointing in the main. Swap deals very rarely get done anyway.
Agreed, they are often talked about but rarely completed. Posters on this forum have wildly differing opinions on Pepe (surprise surprise) but I personally think he's a bargain for any PL team at around £30m.

He's struggled for game time with us mainly because of the emergence of Saka and it's true that he drifts in and out of games a bit but he's also a major goal threat. Arguably a possession based style doesn't suit him but he's pretty classy on the counter. Has a habit of sh*tting the bed regularly but whenever he's been building form with us he's been dropped.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
@SlyFox is Teliemans really as slow/unathletic as he has looked in some games or do you believe a combination of wanting to leave and maybe Leicester as a whole not being as good this year has impacted it? Or injuries.

I've seen him a few times this season and if a player goes past him he looks so laboured running back.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Would you put his poor performances down to anything? Like been pressed/marked out of the game? Poor stamina? Lack of tracking back? Lack of runners to pick a pass to? Poor midfield partners due to injuries?

Afternoon all, been a while!

Gutted you didn't get 4th, wanted you there over Sp**s ffs.

Maddison has improved slightly lately, but also managed to keep himself fit and injury free, so now we're seeing the best of him. Last summer I said I would sell him, and Tielemans would be the one I wanted to keep, now it's the other way round, we should build our team around Maddison in current form.

With regards to Tielemans, he's looked pretty poor all year, had the odd decent game but nothing amazing, he's looked uninterested and has made mistake after mistake, game after game. With a year left on his contract, I think it's time to sell, take the 20-25m and reinvest it into our first 11, rather than lose him for nothing next season and leaving us out of pocket.

It seems the issues are the same ones as he had at Monaco, looks good for a season but then looks poor the season either side of that. I don't think he has the stamina that you need in the top teams, so that rules out Man City and Liverpool going for him. I think he's also played so many games for a young lad, he's a regular in his team as well as the Belgium team, and then plays almost every minute as well and has done since a very young age, he might be burned out. I think he's known for a while that he's off in the summer and that has also had an effect on him, but I also don't think he's as good as we believe, he's had some purple patches but it's never the norm. He also seems to slightly lack pace, which is important in the EPL, but no so much in other leagues.

I don't think we've played very well in a lot of games this season, some of it is down to our manager but others have been because Tielemans is off his game, we've relied on Vardy and Maddison to drag us up the table with spectacular efforts and bits of play.

I've always thought his main options would be Arsenal, Juventus and Sp**s.

He will go as a hero, the man that made my dreams come true when he smashed the ball home against Chelsea in the FA Cup final whilst I sat behind that goal. I don't begrudge him a move at all. He's bleated on about CL football being the key, but I think it's all smoke and mirrors, he's going to a bigger club for more money, as not many of the CL clubs will be interested in him.

Thank you Youri and God bless you for that goal!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Afternoon all, been a while!

Gutted you didn't get 4th, wanted you there over Sp**s ffs.

Maddison has improved slightly lately, but also managed to keep himself fit and injury free, so now we're seeing the best of him. Last summer I said I would sell him, and Tielemans would be the one I wanted to keep, now it's the other way round, we should build our team around Maddison in current form.

With regards to Tielemans, he's looked pretty poor all year, had the odd decent game but nothing amazing, he's looked uninterested and has made mistake after mistake, game after game. With a year left on his contract, I think it's time to sell, take the 20-25m and reinvest it into our first 11, rather than lose him for nothing next season and leaving us out of pocket.

It seems the issues are the same ones as he had at Monaco, looks good for a season but then looks poor the season either side of that. I don't think he has the stamina that you need in the top teams, so that rules out Man City and Liverpool going for him. I think he's also played so many games for a young lad, he's a regular in his team as well as the Belgium team, and then plays almost every minute as well and has done since a very young age, he might be burned out. I think he's known for a while that he's off in the summer and that has also had an effect on him, but I also don't think he's as good as we believe, he's had some purple patches but it's never the norm. He also seems to slightly lack pace, which is important in the EPL, but no so much in other leagues.

I don't think we've played very well in a lot of games this season, some of it is down to our manager but others have been because Tielemans is off his game, we've relied on Vardy and Maddison to drag us up the table with spectacular efforts and bits of play.

I've always thought his main options would be Arsenal, Juventus and Sp**s.

He will go as a hero, the man that made my dreams come true when he smashed the ball home against Chelsea in the FA Cup final whilst I sat behind that goal. I don't begrudge him a move at all. He's bleated on about CL football being the key, but I think it's all smoke and mirrors, he's going to a bigger club for more money, as not many of the CL clubs will be interested in him.

Thank you Youri and God bless you for that goal!

And so it begins.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yesss Leicester fas are here. @SlyFox remember when I told you after your overperformance in previous seasons, and that xG would come to get you and you would finish below us this season, and that Rodgers was a hugely overrated manager?

😇😜

I'm down for Tielemans. Neves too. What is clear is we need more proven quality in central midfield, Xhaka and Thomas is not enough and Sambi is a long way off.

Gündogan would be the dream but I think that was always just smoke and he'll stay at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom