• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

GoonerJay24

Arteta was not well liked or respected player within the squad when he was captain. This also makes zero sense when Vieira was 10 times the player, captain and far more experienced. Why not him?
This is where you show your ignorance as Arteta was considered one of Wengers greatest ever leader at Arsenal. He massively influenced the young players back then and alongside Mertersacker, helped to change the clubs culture.

Viera didn't have the same personal connection or aura with the squad Mikel initially acquired.

I'm just stating the truth but if you choose to be ignorant and listen to the English media, carry on.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Here's my unsolicited answer : No. He's been an absolute disaster.

The sooner this failed experiment at "resetting" the club's ambitions to be ecstatic at a 5th placed finished is done with, the sooner we can get to task on taking this club back to where it always has been. At the summit of English football.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
This is where you show your ignorance as Arteta was considered one of Wengers greatest ever leader at Arsenal. He massively influenced the young players back then and alongside Mertersacker, helped changed the clubs culture.

Viera didn't have the same personal connection or aura with the squad Mikel initially acquired.

I'm just stating the truth but if you choose to be ignorant and listen to the English media, carry on.

Wait, when did this ever happen?

Players that played with him joked that he would be a manager one day and many have said his nature rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

What young players did he influence?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
@AbouCuéllar why do you love Arteta so much but hate Wenger?
I ****ing love Wenger, lol. I started supporting Arsenal because of him and Dennis Bergkamp. That doesn't stop me from making a reasonable analysis of him. Just as it doesn't stop me from being critical with Arteta who I also like a lot, like I do Wenger.

Spaniards hate France and they love whatever is from their region. So a Basque guy is gonna love whatever is from the Basque country for example.
I'm not Basque lol. And I don't hate France at all. I love Wenger and some of my favourite footballers of all time and personalities are from there (Wenger, Diaby, Henry, Zidane).

Anyways how would this line up with me not rating Em*ry and despising what he did to this club?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Rory is it? Yeah he looks like a fk!n b!tch (bare small penor energy). He was probably taking back shots raw dog from Adam when he was enjoying us not making top 4, f*cking p*ssyhole.

Arteta might be a d!ckhead but I can't stand these whipper-snapper little punks throwing shade at our team.

F*CK HIM.

That aside, fairly interesting discussion, I can't lie :lol: :lol:

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Rory is it? Yeah he looks like a fk!n b!tch (bare small penor energy). He was probably taking back shots raw dog from Adam when he was enjoying us not making top 4, f*cking p*ssyhole.

Arteta might be a d!ckhead but I can't stand these whipper-snapper little punks throwing shade at our team.

F*CK HIM.

Don’t know this Rory guy, but he was spot on here. Top Geordie made himself look like a mug tbh.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Don’t know this Rory guy, but he was spot on here. Top Geordie made himself look like a mug tbh.

Hmm I dunno, I think I agree with parts and disagree with others (with respect to what Rory was saying).

For example; I don't know how he can try and pretend like Chelsea don't have world class players, some might've under performed this season but they definitely have a lot of quality in the squad.

In terms of building a team around Tuchel, I can actually see what True Geordie was saying about Tuchel under performing this season because they should've probably been pushing City/Liv rather than being so far away from them in 3rd.

Buuuut Tuchel did prove his quality at Chelsea last season, especially with winning the CL and also before he came to Chelsea too.

I expect he'll improve things next season if the situation surrounding the club is stabilised (let's pray it's not 😈).

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Hmm I dunno, I think I agree with parts and disagree with others (with respect to what Rory was saying).

For example; I don't know how he can try and pretend like Chelsea don't have world class players, some might've under performed this season but they definitely have a lot of quality in the squad.

In terms of building a team around Tuchel, I can actually see what True Geordie was saying about Tuchel under performing this season because they should've probably been pushing City/Liv rather than being so far away from them in 3rd.

Buuuut Tuchel did prove his quality at Chelsea last season, especially with winning the CL and also before he came to Chelsea too.

I expect he'll improve things next season if the situation surrounding the club is stabilised (let's pray it's not 😈).
Yeah him downplaying Kante was weird. Just because he’s had a bit of an on off season, doesn’t mean he’s not a world class player.

I do agree with him besides that though. Besides Kante, Chelsea don’t have any world class players. They’ve spent an awful lot of money in recent years on decent ish players who haven’t managed to hit expectations.

Think they’re quite a few signings away from competing against Liverpool or City but like yourself, I want to see the club burnt to the ground. Hope the takeover goes t*ts up for them.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

F*CK HIM.

You see that from Rory. He actually thinks he is a serious footy analyst :lol:

And you get that sort of cognitive dissonance a lot out there.

As for True Geordie, he makes some excellent points re Arsenal. Same with Goldbridge as well. These guys have the ability to look at us without emotion, and make an assessment.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Didn't expect anything but a disingenuous response from you
What exactly was "disingenuous" about my post? Here is your verbatim quote once again

But the stats speak for themselves re: that question. The club in the premier league era has never seen such lows as it saw under Unai Em*ry in 19-20 (1.38 pts/g, the pace of an 11th place finish, 14th on xG)

You stated unambiguously "The club in the premier league era has never seen such lows as it saw under Unai Em*ry in 19-20" And then highlighted PPG, a projected PPG finishing position and xG as proof of this supposed unprecedent low point.

Under Arteta in 2020/21 we substantively had less points, were lower down in the table, had a worse PPG stat and a worse projected PPG finish (we were on "pace" to finish on less than 41 points which would have had us 17th). We were also 15h on xG. Literally be every metric, every stat YOU wanted to measure Emery's failure by, Arteta was objectively worse.

Protip- When you make a demonstrably false claim and someone objectively proves you wrong on it they aren't being "disingenuous", they're simply highlighting a factual truth.

but, do you really think our level was like this?
YOU of your on volition mentioned points, a project league finish and xG to highlight the supposed level that Emery was at. Arteta was worse in virtually every one of those metrics. Do you understand how very basic human logic and rationale works? If you say Emery is bad because of X, Y and Z then if Arteta has demonstrably worse X, Y and Z values than logically Arteta is worse.

You chose to judge Emery by those metrics, not me. I'm simply meeting your own standards.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I gave it a watch and it’s the same tired excuses I’ve seen on this forum:
1. Arteta overperformed because no one was expecting 4th
2. Aubamayang had to go because he’s a bad influence
3. Young team blah blah

Etc….

This whole Arteta debate isn’t complicated. No need to microanalyse. He’s had almost 3 seasons, unprecedented financial backing, no Europe and has had an average league finish of 7th and has been unable to beat Emery first season despite having a squad that received an additional injection of 480 million.

The only way I change my mind on Arteta is if he wins us a premier league title.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel

Chelsea had unprecedented sanctions. That kind of instability and uncertainty can duck with players heads and their ability

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The Kick Off, is honestly one of the worst shows ever...just awful, even when that guy Hughwizzy was on it, representing Arsenal...just too many agendas to be taken seriously.

With Newcastle being an oil club now, there is zero point watching it in the future...God, YouTube just makes the biggest idiots famous these days.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Boring

giphy.gif

Latest posts+

Top Bottom