• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba: Here to Stay ✍️

Who?

• Van Dijk

Votes: 31 10.8%
  • Saliba

Votes: 243 84.4%
  • Maguire

Votes: 14 4.9%

• Total voters

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They can't force him back. They won't want an unhappy player sewing discord at Colney. If he doesn't agree to come back, they'll sell him.

Yep, and I think the only way that happens is if they inform him he will be a PL cb, which I agree with the general consensus is unlikely. Think this may be a case of Arteta running his mouth before clarifying with the player.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
One thing about Deschamps is that he is very happy to give young talent the opportunity to integrate. Saliba holds all the cards here and I cannot imagine he's going to stay without firm assurances. He's a proud kid and he wants to represent his country and his club so going from being one of the first names on the team sheet to feeling like he may not be played over clearly inferior competition probably wouldn't sit well with him.

Yep, agree with this.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal don’t hand out reassurances so Saliba is barking up the wrong tree if he tries that.

Martinez helped win us a cup and at best he was given a 90 something percent chance of starting the first match of the season.

It just doesn’t make sense for Saliba but let’s see.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

They can't force him back. They won't want an unhappy player sewing discord at Colney. If he doesn't agree to come back, they'll sell him.
The thing is he might.

He might back himself a bit too much and I think he would regret it big time. Logic says he doesn’t though.

carlito'sway

Established Member
One thing about Deschamps is that he is very happy to give young talent the opportunity to integrate. Saliba holds all the cards here and I cannot imagine he's going to stay without firm assurances. He's a proud kid and he wants to represent his country and his club so going from being one of the first names on the team sheet to feeling like he may not be played over clearly inferior competition probably wouldn't sit well with him.
100%.
One other thing about Deschamps though, he will call those who play regularly. That is his MO.
Saliba knows that starting the game on the bench at Arsenal and playing meaningless Cup game or EL will not cut if be be called for the WC.

carlito'sway

Established Member
The thing is he might.

He might back himself a bit too much and I think he would regret it big time. Logic says he doesn’t though.
I doubt it, but we'll see.

One thing you can bet on, his agent Djibril Niang will make sure he does not bury his career at Arsenal. He will ask for guarantees for his player of he will force him out. This dude is part of the new wave of very aggressive agents and will not be easy to deal with.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

One thing you can bet on, his agent Djibril Niang will make sure he does not bury his career at Arsenal. He will ask for guarantees for his player of he will force him out. This dude is part of the new wave of very aggressive agents and will not be easy to deal with.
Vlahovic aside I dont see Mikel take many Ls and he tends to get his way.

I’m still shocked the squad watch him do that to Auba too without any sort of recourse. Only reason I’m so sceptical.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
How many years does he have left on his contract anyway? I can't see him signing a new one. We risk losing him for nothing in a year or so.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

I’m still shocked the squad watch him do that to Auba too without any sort of recourse. Only reason I’m so sceptical.

Nah, Arteta saying Saliba must come back is just talk for the press in reply to Saliba telling the world that he wants to stay at Marseille and play CL. This was a PR move, don't take it too seriously. Saliba has more leverage here than Arsenal.
As a rule, take everything Arteta says to the press with a grain of salt and a huge dollop of cynicism.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd

Lol you think this group of players would back beef? They’re a bunch of wimps. It doesn’t shock me at all.

Arteta’s built a team full of teachers pets. Ødegaard, Ben White, Aaron ramsdale etc

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
This is how it'll go.

He won't sign a new contract until A: He becomes a regular and B: We get into the CL.

He'll spend 22/23 season trying to break into the White/Gabi Partnership. Unlikely to be a regular starter for a while. But, time is not on our side because of how we've used the first 3 years of his contract.

23/24 - he'll be in the last year of his contract and will be tapped up by Europes elite.

Will Arsenal get CL football next season? I doubt it. There is a very good chance we'll lose him for nothing.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
100%.
One other thing about Deschamps though, he will call those who play regularly. That is his MO.
Saliba knows that starting the game on the bench at Arsenal and playing meaningless Cup game or EL will not cut if be be called for the WC.
Precisely. If I'm Saliba there is no way in hell I'm risking the honor of representing my country at a World Cup for this Arsenal under this manager. I wouldn't trust Arteta as far as I could throw him though to be fair, I could through the little lego runt quite a distance.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Ben White isn't really a teachers pet type, tbh...least he doesn't seem that way.

He's quite an aggressive/snide player on the field, loves a foul off the ball too and seems to always get in fights with other players...plus he doesn't even like football, I reckon he's a proper ****.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta did indicate he wanted to bring him back next season, which is promising.

Still think we want to sell him, and this is just a negotiating tactic...hope I am wrong!

Crazy how we are probably gonna sell Willam and Mavro, for about £20-£25 million combined, when both are in their early 20s...least Edu is actually getting money for players now, that's an improvement, I guess :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Tets gave an interview to RMC and said he wants him back, which sort of conflicts with the whole "We need a LCB" this summer from the Athletic.

Willy needs to give his John Hancock on a new deal if he wants to stay, imo.

What was being said here?

“Worse than Gnabry”

“Arteta masterclass”

“Champions League confirmed… keep your Europa”

I love this ****ing place :lol:

Latest posts

Top Bottom