• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: One Mo Year

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Don’t understand the complaints at all. He’ll be nowhere near the starting 11 for next season so why are you fussed. Oh you’re about to tell me some random u23 can fill his position better (narrator: they can’t)

Up mo elnenys red and whites

mpower2540

I'm happy with this, he is a great guy and good backup for Partey in the 6 role.

When you look at the amount of work we already need to do this Summer rebuilding the attack, adding quality in midfield (left sided 8) and fullback areas this looks like a sensible piece of business.
Sorry man but I disagree with this. The only time we've looked like a top 4 side was when Partey was in the team and playing at his highest level. Without him, we look like a team that can finish anywhere from 5th to 8th. He can't be relied upon to stay fit which means Elneny will get plenty of game time and I'm sorry you ain't leveling up relying on Elneny to get you through on a consistent basis. A midfield of Tielemens Elneny and Ødegaard doesn't fill me with huge optimism. Have no idea what we're gonna do with Sambi

I think someone to compete with or slot alongside Partey should be an absolute priority this summer way more than fullback given our team is far too reliant on him. The only way I'd advocate Mikel throwing more money into fullback would be if we sold Tierney. You bought Tavares, he's shown some promise, he's a perfectly fine backup to Tierney. I'd rather bring Brooke Norton Cuffy into the fold than pour more money down the drain on a backup RB for Tomiyasu.

I'm tired of us ignoring midfield to prioritise other areas and making do and mending with what we've already got despite the fact it's blatantly not good enough.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I'd love to be able to think by now that we're a more professional outfit than giving new deals out on the back of a handful games at the end of a season but that's asking a lot.
1_Nicolas-Pepe.jpg

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I echo what people are saying in regards to it being an OK decision from the club.

Hes on low wages, he can do a reliable job, if not anything special.

He will play EL and early cups games and can fill in abit during the season.

I fully expect us to sign a midfielder which means we aren't relying on Elneny for 30 PL games a season.

We are literally down to the bare bones in terms in squad numbers. We had to keep one or two players like Elneny/Holding because we can't afford to sign 8 or 9 players.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I echo what people are saying in regards to it being an OK decision from the club.

Hes on low wages, he can do a reliable job, if not anything special.

He will play EL and early cups games and can fill in abit during the season.

I fully expect us to sign a midfielder which means we aren't relying on Elneny for 30 PL games a season.

We are literally down to the bare bones in terms in squad numbers. We had to keep one or two players like Elneny/Holding because we can't afford to sign 8 or 9 players.
Yeah, we are doing this basically as we simply cannot fix everything in one window. We don't have CL money, so there will have to be some 'make do' decisions made.

We have some glaring holes all over the pitch, but it will probably be 2 summers to fill them all. I imagine next summer will be the time we bring someone in to compete with Partey.

Then again, who knows with this club!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wanted us to be more ruthless and take extra steps to be serious but again we took safe route i know he 5th choice and it's only 1 year deal but what if Elneny didn't play last month? We wouldn't take the option and extend him.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He isn't really 5th choice, he's 2nd choice in Partey's position. Xhaka can't play there, neither can Sambi or say Tielemans if we sign him. It really needed to be Tielemans and another but that avenue looks gone now.

Mo came in and did ok towards the end there and I commend him for that but once Partey inevitably goes down next season we'll find ourselves having to field Elneny for 20 odd games again. We all know how that went last year.

SK___

it wasn’t like we where getting cover for partey next month, I’m fine with this… we’re only proactive regarding spending/recruitment when the board is under pressure

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Wanted us to be more ruthless and take extra steps to be serious but again we took safe route i know he 5th choice and it's only 1 year deal but what if Elneny didn't play last month? We wouldn't take the option and extend him.
If Elneny didn't play the last 2 months we wouldn't have finished near 4th nor 5th. Probably 6th.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
I don't mind rewarding players who perform well when called upon, but the guy was literally so far behind the pecking order that we resorted to Lokonga alone in midfield or with Ødegaard as the partner to not play Elneny.

And now we extend him after he closed out the season decently.

It's just a bit eh

Pop Tart

Established Member
He is a decent back up, good injury record record amd works hard. Problem is that he probably play more games then he really should as partey injury record is poor.

Back up players are only effective when they fill in for a few games here and there. The real issue is putting faith in injury prone first teamers like partey and Tierney. Maybe they are the problem and not the mo and cedrics of this world

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
wisest thing to do was invest in REAL competition for partey, but nahhhhhhhhh
We could still do that this summer. But we would still need bodies in for EL/cup games etc. We cant go into the season with just 3 or 4 centre midfielders. Especially one who is a crock.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The ‘can do a job’ brigade will be delighted. Settling for mediocrity once again. Not a serious football club.
OK so we should let Elneny go, sell Cedric, Holding, Leno, Tavares, Lokonga, let Laca leave, Eddie's leaving, sell Pepe and go on a big mad shopping spree and sign 15 players in the summer.

SK___

We could still do that this summer. But we would still need bodies in for EL/cup games etc. We cant go into the season with just 3 or 4 centre midfielders. Especially one who is a crock.
you sell him if you’re serious

Latest posts+

Top Bottom