• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nuno Tavares: The False #3

mpower2540

Yeah for me there's option and bargains in the market this year due to contracts.

Bissouma+Teilemans+Jesus could be got for 100m. If we were talking even a year ago you would be looking at paying closer to 150m.

That covers midfield and one striking position. Add maybe a pure number 9 then you've got those 3 above plus another striker for 150m. Hickey makes it 170m spend and Saliba back. Selling Leno, Guendouzi, Pepe would probably get us 40m. So a total of 130m and we would have decent improvement and compeition.
I just don't think you extend Elneny if you have plans to get 2 midfielders. We have Xhaka, Partey, Lokonga, Elneny, Ødegaard +1 new signing for the midfield slots. It would've made more sense if we'd just quietly let Elneny go. Maybe Tielemans and Xhaka double-pivot could be OK when we lose Partey but I have my doubts.

But hey it's too early to speculate might as well just wait and see

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Edu is so damned Beta he's practically an Omega, ffs. Arteta is calling the shots at the Arsenal, and I'm not the only one saying it, for there have been reports from inside the club saying as much - I'm sure @A__G can find them if receipts are needed.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He was terrible at Benfica and we were warned plenty, he's been terrible here so whether that's Mikel or the player make your own minds up. There is no indication he's got something in him to go up a level tbh.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Edu is so damned Beta he's practically an Omega, ffs. Arteta is calling the shots at the Arsenal, and I'm not the only one saying it, for there have been reports from inside the club saying as much - I'm sure @A__G can find them if receipts are needed.
It’s well known and nobody even denied it but you can’t blame everything on Mikel :lol:

Arteta most likely never heard of the player until whatever meeting Tavares was brought up in. You can only really blame Arteta for the pitch aspects (which I have done openly, Tavares is clearly a wingback used as a lb)

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
It’s well known and nobody even denied it but you can’t blame everything on Mikel :lol:

Arteta most likely never heard of the player until whatever meeting Tavares was brought up in. You can only really blame Arteta for the pitch aspects (which I have done openly, Tavares is clearly a wingback used as a lb)

What are you basing this on? I'm sure he got the player reports along with Edu. And I'm positive the decision to sign was his. There's no way a micromanager like Arteta would allow Edu to decide his signings.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Arteta has full control of first team matters, he signed off on Tavares.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The club made a big deal of it, he’s not coach, he’s now manager who has full control etc.

I think it was the best decision btw, you can’t have a director calling shots or having power above the manager on first team decisions.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I need the scapegoats to go this summer and he is one of them, sorry.

One of the scapegoats got extended so I am not off to a great start.
Tavares, Laca, Nketiah, Pepe, (ideally Xhaka as well tbh but not happening) - need to go in order for Arteta to be ever judged properly.
If he signs or resigns them they aren’t scapegoats. Tevares and Lakong failing (if they do), looks bad on the manager. I think they both have potential personally and Tevares has looked to me like he’s trying to add things to his game. I’m looking forward to seeing more of them.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

What are you basing this on? I'm sure he got the player reports along with Edu. And I'm positive the decision to sign was his. There's no way a micromanager like Arteta would allow Edu to decide his signings.
Reports from club mouthpieces detailing Arteta's heavy push for White, Ramsdale and Ødegaard, and I can bring up the articles too. These were players he either knew (ODG from his loan) or would have seen playing against them.

The same was never said for Tavares, we both seem to agree that it was data driven.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Reports from club mouthpieces detailing Arteta's heavy push for White, Ramsdale and Ødegaard, and I can bring up the articles too. These were players he either knew (ODG from his loan) or would have seen playing against them.

The same was never said for Tavares, we both seem to agree that it was data driven.

Ya so? If he signed off without doing his homework on the player that's his shortcoming. He gave the definitive yes to signing him, not Edu, so the buck stops with him, I'm afraid. His player, his signing.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If he signs or resigns them they aren’t scapegoats. Tevares and Lakong failing (if they do), looks bad on the manager. I think they both have potential personally and Tevares has looked to me like he’s trying to add things to his game. I’m looking forward to seeing more of them.
Yeah, Arteta/Edu partnership bought these guys so they should stand by their decision and make them work. Sadly, Arteta still thinks he’s at City and throws guys to the wolves pretty quickly, thinking he can replace. We hardly saw Runarsson, or Mari for that matter. KSE can’t keep that up.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Ya so? If he signed off without doing his homework on the player that's his shortcoming. He gave the definitive yes to signing him, not Edu, so the buck stops with him, I'm afraid. His player, his signing.
Arteta had to justify the Ben White and Ramsdale expenditure.

If Arteta and/or Edu search for a tall, two footed leftback, Tavares pops up in a list and they take a punt at 7m thinking Tierney will play more games - that's not quite the same. Whilst there's a lot of assumption from me I am confident this is more or less what happened.

If my above scenario is the case, I don't think that necessarily makes Tavares an Arteta player.

Ben White got bullied by Toney day 1 and got given another chance a lot of man do not get. That's an Arteta signing, there are subtle differences in his treatment towards players he's rooting for. Tavares 20 min was more of his political posturing if anything.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Arteta had to justify the Ben White and Ramsdale expenditure.

If Arteta and/or Edu search for a tall, two footed leftback, Tavares pops up in a list and they take a punt at 7m thinking Tierney will play more games - that's not quite the same. Whilst there's a lot of assumption from me I am confident this is more or less what happened.

If my above scenario is the case, I don't think that necessarily makes Tavares an Arteta player.

Ben White got bullied by Toney day 1 and got given another chance a lot of man do not get. That's an Arteta signing, there are subtle differences in his treatment towards players he's rooting for. Tavares 20 min was more of his political posturing if anything.

He chose him from a list of names for that position, he signed him, his player. He may not be a player he's emotionally invested in, or one he has to carry the blame for publicly, but he is nevertheless his player. I'm sorry if that destroys your theory that Arteta never treats his players badly, but that can not be helped.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He chose him from a list of names for that position, he signed him, his player. He may not be a player he's emotionally invested in, or one he has to carry the blame for publicly, but he is nevertheless his player. I'm sorry if that destroys your theory that Arteta never treats his players badly, but that can not be helped.
That tone you take with me when you've had enough 😍

In anycase, after all the transgressions we've witnessed I'm sure Arteta will survive completely rubbishing a 7m player signed on his watch so it's kinda moot.

samspade

@Macho There’s never been many of us despite accusations of us ‘hunting in packs’ and the like. I speak to outers more than inners.

samspade

Yeah, Arteta/Edu partnership bought these guys so they should stand by their decision and make them work. Sadly, Arteta still thinks he’s at City and throws guys to the wolves pretty quickly, thinking he can replace. We hardly saw Runarsson, or Mari for that matter. KSE can’t keep that up.
I think he’s ruthless but I don’t think his standards are as ridiculous as you suggest, like I said, I think Tevares has been showing some new things in terms of his choice of pass. That suggests to me that Arteta and the coaches are working on him. Do you disagree that gabi looks like a much more complete winger since being brought back into the fold?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

There’s never been many of us despite accusations of us ‘hunting in packs’ and the like. I speak to outers more than inners.
Nah it got slightly claustrophobic on here when Arteta’s Arsenal was ripping through the dregs of the Prem.

When Arsenal started losing I see accounts I’ve not seen in a year or even knew existed come out on some “I told you so sh*t”. It’s the same.

Top Bottom