• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I’m for this, we are going to be tight on finances, and Eddie has the youth, tactical nous, and fitness to play for us.

As long as we get in 2x starting CFs like Jesus and Tammy, and a kid like Hlozek as well. Not gonna turn us into top four guaranteed, but it’s an improvement.

The wishlisty me would call for Pepe to come back in as a proper contributor as well.
But it seems that Eddie is now Tammy. Transfer budget limitations.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He only goals because he started games and finally got a run out. You bench him and everyone will be back on his back.

Needs to leave and play every week. We need to up the level of our CF options anyway and him not starting games and not having form will do as little for us and it'll do for him.
He never scored of the bench in the PL. Tell us he is not a player you can throw in games and expect something. If I’m not wrong he has 40 appearances of the bench with 0 goals

D

Deleted member 102404

So you think if nketiah played more this season he would have ended 6th in the pl scoring chart? If anyone believed nketiah could score 15 pl goals in a season his contract wouldn’t be expiring now and someone would have offered us great money long time ago. The manager that watches him train everyday didn’t even rate him ahead of Laca and only extended trash performances of Laca gave him a chance. Nketiah didn’t become new player last 2 months. He is the same player he was 6 months ago when none of us rated him

Yes - I think he'd be right up there in the scoring charts.
He's been a top goal scorer at every level and had never had a run at PL level.
Worth keeping in mind he has 10 PL goals in 19 starts from the age of 18-22. Just 19 starts.
I'd back him to score 15 in the PL, no problem, if he was a regular.
Not saying he has all the other skills to be a star for us, but he is a goal scorer.
Fans tend to get excited about expensive new signings (We even had people excited by the likes of Isak) whilst writing off academy players too early.

D

Deleted member 102404

He never scored of the bench in the PL. Tell us he is not a player you can throw in games and expect something. If I’m not wrong he has 40 appearances of the bench with 0 goals

You are wrong on that.
He scored a winner and and equaliser (after coming on late) last season against West Ham and Fulham.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yes - I think he'd be right up there in the scoring charts.
He's been a top goal scorer at every level and had never had a run at PL level.
Worth keeping in mind he has 10 PL goals in 19 starts from the age of 18-22. Just 19 starts.
I'd back him to score 15 in the PL, no problem, if he was a regular.
Not saying he has all the other skills to be a star for us, but he is a goal scorer.
Fans tend to get excited about expensive new signings (We even had people excited by the likes of Isak) whilst writing off academy players too early.
Kids football. He went to championship on loan and couldn’t get in the Leeds team. This is recent bias. If you said in March I think nketiah can be one of the top scorers in the league you would be laughed at and mods would give you warning for trolling

D

Deleted member 102404

Kids football. He went to championship on loan and couldn’t get in the Leeds team. This is recent bias. If you said in March I think nketiah can be one of the top scorers in the league you would be laughed at and mods would give you warning for trolling
Well maybe it's recency bias - TBH there is no other run he's had at PL to know.
But when he's scored a decent amount at every level and then starts scoring at PL level - it's worth taking notice.
As for Leeds, meh. Bielsa didn't rate him, but he still scored 5 for them 663 minutes of football.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Just cant really see how he gets more minutes in the league next season. 🤷‍♂️ Kid had his chance & only scored in three league games.

Pleased he backed himself to run down the deal & should get a good PL contract now but probably not for a club in European places... Just need to look at the strikers at the teams round us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Well maybe it's recency bias - TBH there is no other run he's had at PL to know.
But when he's scored a decent amount at every level and then starts scoring at PL level - it's worth taking notice.
As for Leeds, meh. Bielsa didn't rate him, but he still scored 5 for them 663 minutes of football.
We are not in position to gamble once again. Just buy couple of strikers. El neny finished the season and it earned him new contract. I’m of the opinion the opinions you form during the season shouldn’t change last few games.

We do this every season and extend players who don’t perform majority of time and show glimpses here and there and hang on to that. I do think nketiah unlike balugon will be pl player. But he needs to go to small club and get consistent minutes

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Eddie will get fooled by mikel and he end up staying and we sign 2 forwards and he'll be 3rd choice again.

Let's see what he'll do but if he sign new contract it'll go against all what he was saying all season he want to start and at Arsenal he'll never be one.

D

Deleted member 102404

We are not in position to gamble once again. Just buy couple of strikers. El neny finished the season and it earned him new contract. I’m of the opinion the opinions you form during the season shouldn’t change last few games.

We do this every season and extend players who don’t perform majority of time and show glimpses here and there and hang on to that. I do think nketiah unlike balugon will be pl player. But he needs to go to small club and get consistent minutes

Probably more of a gamble to bring in 2 that have not done it at PL level, TBH.
I think Eddie + 1 big signing would be better, IMO

That said, I think he'll leave anyway.
If he does, fine - then we bring in 2 new strikers (though would still like at least 1 to have PL experience)

TornadoTed

Established Member
I am happy if he signs as long as we bring in 2 forwards to replace Lacazette and Pepe, which I think we will.

? ? Saka

Martinelli Nketiah ESR

We need 6 players for the 3 starting slots next year with Europe.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Depends what his role will be, who else leaves and who else comes in.

Aubameyang, Lacazette and Pepe out
Toney (or another big goal scoring centre forward), Nketiah and Jesus in seems mildly acceptable to me.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Depends what his role will be, who else leaves and who else comes in.

Aubameyang, Lacazette and Pepe out
Toney (or another big goal scoring centre forward), Nketiah and Jesus in seems mildly acceptable to me.

More likely to be Jesus, Nketiah and then a wide forward like Gakpo (who could play centrally) replacing Pepe.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Probably more of a gamble to bring in 2 that have not done it at PL level, TBH.
I think Eddie + 1 big signing would be better, IMO

That said, I think he'll leave anyway.
If he does, fine - then we bring in 2 new strikers (though would still like at least 1 to have PL experience)
10 goals in 59 appearance is hardly done in the PL lol. A new player is gamble he may not be good enough. It beats nketiah who is proven not to be good enough. Either way it seems we have offered him huge deal and West Ham and palace can’t match it.

D

Deleted member 102404

10 goals in 59 appearance is hardly done in the PL lol. A new player is gamble he may not be good enough. It beats nketiah who is proven not to be good enough. Either way it seems we have offered him huge deal and West Ham and palace can’t match it.

Unfair that.
It's 10 goals in 19 starts.
Including all his sub appearances it's 10 goals in 1900 minutes in the PL.
A goal every 190 minutes from the ages of 18-22 with mainly sub appearances is not bad at all.
In fact, he's now proven he can score at a decent clip in the PL - much less of a risk if we pay big money for a player like Isak IMO.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Toney would be perfect here you feel, his style is perfect for what we are looking for as a striker.

Him being managed by Arteta.would be bantz too :lol:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm hoping, for his sake, that if he does sign then he will be smart enough to stipulate in his contract a minimum number of game starts.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

More likely to be Jesus, Nketiah and then a wide forward like Gakpo (who could play centrally) replacing Pepe.
Maybe. Id see Jesus as the wide forward replacing Pepe and then Eddie and a centre forward replacing Lacazette and Aubameyang.

Who knows what Teta will do. Probably another centre back :/

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Toney would be perfect here you feel, his style is perfect for what we are looking for as a striker.

Him being managed by Arteta.would be bantz too :lol:
Arteta ain’t dumb. He will not sign a player who can stand up to him. He got rid of all the people who could talk back to him. Toney seem too outspoken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom