• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Gabriel Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Think it depends whether Pepe goes to be honest. Pepe leaves then we'll spend again and Jesus can cover the right wing spot. There's always the question of whether we'll be able to successfully attract two major striker targets as well. It's not straightforward to bring in two superstars. We should try though.

Won't happen, but one of Bissouma or Phillips should be an absolute priority as cover and competition for Partey as well.
Pepe will surely go. He must hate not playing. I would like to see what Nelson can do.

Think we'll sign 2 strikers whether Eddie stays or goes anyway. Eddie has shown he is a useful player to have but shame we didn't play him more to see just what he can offer over longer period. That game Vs Forest did not show him in a good light.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Pepe will surely go. He must hate not playing. I would like to see what Nelson can do.

Think we'll sign 2 strikers whether Eddie stays or goes anyway. Eddie has shown he is a useful player to have but shame we didn't play him more to see just what he can offer over longer period. That game Vs Forest did not show him in a good light.
I think like @Riou said, Eddie will only stay if he gets assurances about game time. He's not renewing his contract to be third choice. It's just not going to happen.

He may wait until late in the window to decide his situation. Whether Eddie stays or extends might depend on the other business we manage. I could see a situation where we spend elsewhere - like two CM's or even going big for a CB if Saliba leaves - then Eddie becomes our backup striker with Martinelli as third choice. I think the most likely outcome is at least two CF's coming in but it's not guaranteed.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Pace, runs in behind, 1v1 ability. I don't think Jesus excels in any of these area's really, although he is a very good player. He can play wide for City, not sure he'd have the same effect there at Arsenal.

You could realistically apply those attributes to Pepe's game, and he failed miserably. Obviously there's more to it and I don't mean to oversimplify things, but I'm not sure you'll find a better "guaranteed quality" player in today's market than Jesus for the money being quoted. I'm not the biggest fan of Jesus but he's certainly a level or two above your other options on the left right now, and you already have a "true" wide player in Saka on the right.

Also keep in mind that you have your best attacking FBs on the left, by a clear margin. I think the needs you have at LW are pretty different to the RW spot because of the players behind them.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Arsenal are hoping to strengthen the Brazilian section of their dressing room with the signing of Gabriel Jesus. Tottenham are also showing interest, although sources in Brazil rate Arsenal as the more likely destination if a fee can be agreed between both clubs. [@TeleFootball] https://t.co/GD9G767qYL

🤭

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You could realistically apply those attributes to Pepe's game, and he failed miserably. Obviously there's more to it and I don't mean to oversimplify things, but I'm not sure you'll find a better "guaranteed quality" player in today's market than Jesus for the money being quoted. I'm not the biggest fan of Jesus but he's certainly a level or two above your other options on the left right now, and you already have a "true" wide player in Saka on the right.

Also keep in mind that you have your best attacking FBs on the left, by a clear margin. I think the needs you have at LW are pretty different to the RW spot because of the players behind them.

You could, but just because Pepe didn't work out it doesn't mean you rule out that type of player. Arteta doesn't really use his fullbacks as attacking players in the final third, he uses them for build up and to stop counters. Our best form this season was when we had Saka and Martinelli high and wide, with Xhaka and Ødegaard as 8s. Tierney actually played quite deep during that period, so I think there is scope to bring another "winger" that preferably can play either side.

On Jesus, I think he's a good player and would be happy if we got him provided we sign a player in the mould of Tammy, you couldn't complain about that.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I like Jesus, he never hides, technically sound, great at holding up the ball, good poaching ability. Question is for me is that does he have that extra level in him?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I like Jesus, he never hides, technically sound, great at holding up the ball, good poaching ability. Question is for me is that does he have that extra level in him?
He is very good. But Arsenal of last has always got 1-2 good players and always leave them short and too much is expected of them. Jesus can’t be the only striker. Otherwise it’s really waste of time

GDeep™

League is very weak
A move to Arsenal looks VERY obvious to me atm. Don’t think there is money or demand for him outside England.

Can see why Mick the wants to keep Eddie. Saves him money and you have a back up for Jesus, but obviously Eddie wants regular game time.

Jesus and a cheaper or younger guy who will be happy to be back up seems the play here.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Gabby Jesus will not be our only FW signing. Remember we have lost Aubameyang, Lacazette and possibly Nketiah and Pepe as well. So we’ll likely add more, like a Tammy/Osimhen/Darwin, Nketiah replacement (hopefully Toney), and a Pepe replacement (Sterling, Gapko, Gnabry).

Jesus is a striker yes, who we’d expect to contribute to goal scoring. He’s also a creative player in the final third, and his ability to drop in midfield and link up play is another key reason we are signing him.

Think about what Lacazette did for us this season, that’s what Jesus is coming to do. With pace and power to run in behind as well.
Agree he cant be the only one, but we need a physical, clinical striker who will cost a lot. I am hoping the second FW signing is not a cheapy.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

A move to Arsenal looks VERY obvious to me atm. Don’t think there is money or demand for him outside England.

Can see why Mick the wants to keep Eddie. Saves him money and you have a back up for Jesus, but obviously Eddie wants regular game time.

Jesus and a cheaper or younger guy who will be happy to be back up seems the play here.
A guy who is happy to be backup is a guy who is way below Jesus. Why not sign a guy who believes he can start and compete with Jesus for a place. Sounds like another Nuno and Sambi. A player way below the level of starter they can’t even be upset not starting

GDeep™

League is very weak
A guy who is happy to be backup is a guy who is way below Jesus. Why not sign a guy who believes he can start and compete with Jesus for a place. Sounds like another Nuno and Sambi. A player way below the level of starter they can’t even be upset not starting
The guy who we sign will obviously have ambitions or aspirations to break into the first team and keep his space, in the short term he probably realises he’s a back up.

We could sign an exciting 20 year old who plays cup games and comes off the bench while Jesus starts.

Look at Jota at Liverpool, sits on the bench most of the time, knows his role atm.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Question is for me is that does he have that extra level in him?
If he can't score truck loads of goals with the service he's getting at City, what makes anyone think he'd be a prolific goalscorer here?

We had one of the best goalscorers in Europe and Arteta gradually turned him into a donkey, then shipped him out to Barca.
Then fans have been complaining that Laca and Eddie aren't scoring enough, so why are we looking at Jesus?

He's a good player overall, but we should be looking for strikers that consistently score 15-20 goals per season if we want to get top 4.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
City won't make it easy when selling to PL club. But likely we'll end up paying 40M G. Jesus want to come here help the deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom