• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Marching On To The Saints

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Don't think the issue here is about his position, he is fairly inconsistent wherever he plays. Had some amazing games in every position he has played, but also a lot of terrible games across the pitch

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I do believe he asked Arteta to stop playing him as a wingback/fullback, regardless of what he says about wanting to play anywhere.

He went from benching Saka, to not even being used, in a very short space of time...nothing makes sense, unless he wanted to only play CM.

He will regret not knuckling down and taking that spot for us...as I said, if Lauren can play there, then Niles isn't too good to play there.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I do believe he asked Arteta to stop playing him as a wingback/fullback, regardless of what he says about wanting to play anywhere.

Not sure about that tbh. Why would he jeopardise playing football and his chances of being in the national team set up to play in a specific position? It doesn’t make any sense whilst Arteta has a track record of binning players if they have a rough patch of form or fall out with him when they don’t meet his non-negotiables.

It’s hard to make any concrete judgement when you consider all the factors above. But even if he did want to play in midfield, he’s entitled do so especially when he was performing well during his loan spell at WBA and our lack of quality in that specific position - you can’t knock his confidence.

Anyways, it’s unfortunate that it’s not working out for him at Roma but these sorts of things happen, hopefully he’ll be able to secure the right move in the summer.

Riou

Not sure about that tbh. Why would he jeopardise playing football and his chances of being in the national team set up to play in a specific position? It doesn’t make any sense whilst Arteta has a track record of binning players if they have a rough patch of form or fall out with him when they don’t meet his non-negotiables.

It’s hard to make any concrete judgement when you consider all the factors above. But even if he did want to play in midfield, he’s entitled do so especially when he was performing well during his loan spell at WBA and our lack of quality in that specific position - you can’t knock his confidence.

Anyways, it’s unfortunate that it’s not working out for him at Roma but these sorts of things happen, hopefully he’ll be able to secure the right move in the summer.

You could be right, but so could I...didn't he turn down a loan to a better team, to join West Brom as a guaranteed CM?

Think he is being a little too headstrong, don't think he's good enough as a CM to play for a top Premiership team, but think think he could be as a fullback/wingback.

Good luck to him, was fantastic in our FA Cup win on the left.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You could be right, but so could I...didn't he turn down a loan to a better team, to join West Brom as a guaranteed CM?

Think he is being a little too headstrong, don't think he's good enough as a CM to play for a top Premiership team, but think think he could be as a fullback/wingback.

It’s all speculation which is why I said you can’t draw any concrete judgement from everything that’s been said. Hmmmm what loan offers were on the table? I can’t even remember.

I agree, not a top PL team as most of our starters wouldn’t be able to get in to those teams if you’re setting the boundary that high but AMN has shown that he’s capable of performing in that position in the PL with the games he’s played for us and WBA. Just look at that game against Watford in the PL this season when he had a MOTM performance and everyone was singing his praises, that’s the sort level and performances he could do if he has a run of games in midfield.

Have a feeling that Pepe will soon face the same scrutiny once he eventually loses this buzz around him at the moment. It’s bound to happen.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
AMN was stupid going to Roma. He was never guaranteed to be a starter there. Should have moved somewhere in England in bottom half of league or even Championship. Seems a player who thinks he is better than what he is.

Pop Tart

Established Member
AMN was stupid going to Roma. He was never guaranteed to be a starter there. Should have moved somewhere in England in bottom half of league or even Championship. Seems a player who thinks he is better than what he is.
You have to praise him for going out his comfort zone amd trying a different league in a foreign country. Wad a wrong move for him, I personally would not want to play for someone in jose. Throws you under the bus and is finished.

Amn was stupid in the club he choose. Also no gaureentee he starts for a championship side.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Have you got a source for that?

Not trying to be cheeky but that's a big thing to claim. Whilst I do think he wanted to play in midfield, I don't know if I ever read that he explicitly refused to play wingback.

I could be wrong.

Riou

Have you got a source for that?

Not trying to be cheeky but that's a big thing to claim. Whilst I do think he wanted to play in midfield, I don't know if I ever read that he explicitly refused to play wingback.

I could be wrong.

Just a feeling I get from the situation, tbh...not saying I am definitely right.

Have seen/heard players throw hissy fits when asked to play out of position over the years...Craig Bellamy at Newcastle, once cried Infront of everyone at halftime, during a friendly v Rangers, when Bobby Robson asked him to play out on the wing :lol:

Not saying our Niles would go this far, but feel he did want to only play as a CM, and a conversation over it happened with Arteta...the only logical reason I can think of, to explain him getting dropped.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
How about he's just not a very good footballer? It doesn't have to be that complicated. On top of that he's the same kid who's Mum attacked a football coach and complained at our keeper when he scored an own goal. So being crap at football and having a bad attitude might just see him out in the cold.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Haven't seen the Roma games. He is a decent player but prone to losing concentration once in awhile. I was surprised when Jose wanted him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Alot of rumors coming from Roma unfortunately saying they not convinced by him and won't likely buy him. He started well but last month or so been dissapointing for him against Atalanta last game he was on bench.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Think I'm going to have to take the L on AMN.

I signed up here because I was so furious that there was a chance of us selling him to Wolves for £15-20m :lol:

Now I struggle to see him ever being more than a utility squad player at Arsenal at absolute best and he seems to want a much more defined role than that.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think I'm going to have to take the L on AMN.

I signed up here because I was so furious that there was a chance of us selling him to Wolves for £15-20m :lol:

Now I struggle to see him ever being more than a utility squad player at Arsenal at absolute best and he seems to want a much more defined role than that.
I think for his own sake that he needs to find a new club. He won't make it here. In august he'll be 25. I think he shouldn't be averse to drop down to the Championship to play week in week out.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Ability wise he's got a lot about him. I've always been wary about his application. His body language is that of a player whom everything comes naturally too- so when he's having an off day, he won't 'work' himself out of it.

He's a good squad player and can cover pretty much any position. But he wants to start. If I was him I'd get a permanent move to a lesser league (maybe even Championship) and aim to fully establish himself.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

It kind of reminds me of Theo being dead set on being a striker when he was never really good enough

Fabregasm

Was totally out of favor at Roma, didn't even come off the bench in the Conference Cup final. Not selling him £20m to Wolves looking like a terrible decision, he's gonna come back to us with another year on his contract

Top Bottom