• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 963,701

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Happy with Eddie renewing.

Bringing someone of his quality in would probably cost 10-20 mill anyway, plus around the 40-70k range in wages.

We know he's at least decent at the PL level, a new guy might flop completely. Also knows the club, tactical system etc.

He's also only 22 and is clearly improving. People are acting like we're renewing a 31 year old Lacazette.
Why the **** would anyone want bring someone with his quality? Who gives a **** if someone of his quality would cost 10-20mil when his quality is not good enough?

Legend14

Established Member
I am uncertain as to why Eddie deserves such a deal? Has he earned it? Its fairly obvious Arteta overrates his players. I show hope I am proven wrong and Eddie turns into a superstar next season.

tcahill

Why the **** would anyone want bring someone with his quality? Who gives a **** if someone of his quality would cost 10-20mil when his quality is not good enough?

Because we're not paying for two 50 mill plus starting strikers?

I am uncertain as to why Eddie deserves such a deal? Has he earned it? Its fairly obvious Arteta overrates his players. I show hope I am proven wrong and Eddie turns into a superstar next season.

He doesn't deserve it. Unfortunately it's just the economics of signing someone on a free.

Wiltord's left boot

I'm fine with Eddie renewing, but if it means that next season we have only Eddie and Jesus it not enough.
Hopefully Jesus is being signed as CF/Wide forward and we're still signing a number 9. The links to other strikers are giving me hope because they are all of a certain mould that Jesus doesn't fit.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
All this talk of Eddie...

It's not confirmed he has signed yet. He might still decide to move on, so let's not assume anything yet.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsenal (and United, tbf) should be all over Bissouma, tbh.

Would be perfect for us, could play with either Partey or Xhaka, to a very high level.

Wonder if whatever he did in that night club, is what is putting clubs of him?

If he got in a fight with a guy, you would still buy him.

If he actually has sexually assaulted a woman, then you don't.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

Would be perfect for us, could play with either Partey or Xhaka, to a very high level.

This is my line of thinking as well... Lots of focus on strikers but bringing in Tielemans and Bissouma for £50m would give us some excellent squad depth next season in midfield.

Biss is a really good player - Brighton fans consistently rank him as their best. I think overall Phillips would be slightly more useful but for around £25m Bissouma is a mega bargain.

What's he in the dock for though? I guess that's the key question...

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Tottenham want Bissouma apparently.

Got a feeling he’s one of those that’ll end up moving there and everyone here will be disappointed then play down how good he is.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Highly rated talent, but it would be an odd one on the face of it. We spent £17m on Lokonga last season and have a couple coming through the Hale as well. Interesting though.
Could send him on loan he only still 18 years old. He still need experience.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
City definitely don’t need Jesus next season, they’ll have Haaland as well as Julian Alvarez coming in too.

Alvarez looks the truth, he scored 6 goals last night:

Yes this guy is scary talent Argentina always get you top strikers.

mpower2540

Tottenham want Bissouma apparently.

Got a feeling he’s one of those that’ll end up moving there and everyone here will be disappointed then play down how good he is.
Think it'll finish me off if they get Bissouma. Aston Villa is the name I'm hearing the most though when it comes to him. Kamara and Bissouma could be very interesting. Ultimately there must be players out there of the profile we could get to mitigate a Partey injury. It looks like such an obvious weakness that needs strengthening to me. As long as we do something there I'm not too fussed, Bissouma just looks made for it though.

Goonger

Think it'll finish me off if they get Bissouma. Aston Villa is the name I'm hearing the most though when it comes to him. Kamara and Bissouma could be very interesting. Ultimately there must be players out there of the profile we could get to mitigate a Partey injury. It looks like such an obvious weakness that needs strengthening to me. As long as we do something there I'm not too fussed, Bissouma just looks made for it though.

It's staggering how much we all think the same, that if not him then his profile is certainly needed in among the midfield options as we are all ****tin it from the next inevitable Partey injuries, & what we lack when he's out.

My feeling with the Elneny & Nketiah deals is that we now just sign 1 attacker & 1 midfielder when we need 2 of each. I think we then wait, & see if there's a buyer for Pepe, or perhaps Xhaka wants to leave, & we just become reactive to that.

But what if we don't / can't sell both? How does signing Jesus & Tielemans increase the physicality Arteta says we need to do only a few days ago?

mpower2540

It's staggering how much we all think the same, that if not him then his profile is certainly needed in among the midfield options as we are all ****tin it from the next inevitable Partey injuries, & what we lack when he's out.

My feeling with the Elneny & Nketiah deals is that we now just sign 1 attacker & 1 midfielder when we need 2 of each. I think we then wait, & see if there's a buyer for Pepe, or perhaps Xhaka wants to leave, & we just become reactive to that.

But what if we don't / can't sell both? How does signing Jesus & Tielemans increase the physicality Arteta says we need to do only a few days ago?
Do you think we'd let Xhaka go? I can't see him going anywhere. Mikel wants to play 433 so I guess if we get Tielemans it makes Xhaka a bench player. As an offensive player Tielemans is excellent and could really heighten our threat with him as a left 8 and Ødegaard as a right 8. Might also unlock people like Martinelli on that side. Partey at the base Ødegaard and Tielemans in front looks excellent, top 4 standard for sure but as you say we can all see what's coming.

My only hope is we get enough firepower for us to score our way out of trouble and pick up some cheap points when the team isn't at it's strongest but again the Eddie deal doesn't exactly show we're going particularly big on the front line. Again it's too early to just abandon all hope of the transfer window being a good one but the early signs have worried me a little I can't lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom