• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Tielemans and Neves both are slow athletes the question should be who the better offensively that what important for us. My choice will be Tielemans even tho Neves is good but Tielemans more creative can score goals too

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think they're very different players, if you asked me which is more suited to Xhaka's current role it's 100% Tielemans, but if you asked me who would be more valuable to this team over a season I'd probably say Neves.

My only issue with Tielemans is the fact that if Partey goes down for a long period our midfield is suddenly very weak again, whereas if we had Neves and Partey went down while it would drop a little I back Neves much more to be able to be solid in the centre of the park against any side.

It's why I'd have liked Tielemans and someone else but we went an extended Elneny.

Tielemans Elneny - Bang average midfield
Xhaka Tielemans - Okay
Partey Xhaka - Decent
Tielemans Partey - Very good

Tielemans best performances came alongside Ndidi so I think we'd see much similar with Partey but he can't stay fit atm.

That's kinda how I'd see it.
Out of curiosity how would you rate,

Neves Elneny
Xhaka Neves
Partey Xhaka
Neves Partey

All look very stable and more interchangeable than the options with Tielemans. Quite defensive though I think, would put a lot of pressure on the front 4 for goals and creativity.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Out of curiosity how would you rate,

Neves Elneny
Xhaka Neves
Partey Xhaka
Neves Partey

All look very stable and more interchangeable than the options with Tielemans. Quite defensive though I think, would put a lot of pressure on the front 4 for goals and creativity.

Average
Decent
Decent
Decent

I think yeah Neves makes us much more solid across the board. But I think a Tielemans & Partey midfield is the one you'd bank on closing the gap between the City/Liverpool/Chelsea's as both on their day can be outstanding, he would offer a lot more than Xhaka on a top day.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Shiet if you asked me a year ago Tielemans no question.

Hasn't had a flattering season though so it's hard to get hype over him. I do rate him but I like Only One's take on it.
Tielemans was playing within himself a bit last season. Think he just wants to move from Leicester.

Would happily see him here over any of our current midfielders bar Partey.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Shiet if you asked me a year ago Tielemans no question.

Hasn't had a flattering season though so it's hard to get hype over him. I do rate him but I like Only One's take on it.

What was lonely one’s take on it? I didn’t see

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think they're very different players, if you asked me which is more suited to Xhaka's current role it's 100% Tielemans, but if you asked me who would be more valuable to this team over a season I'd probably say Neves.

My only issue with Tielemans is the fact that if Partey goes down for a long period our midfield is suddenly very weak again, whereas if we had Neves and Partey went down while it would drop a little I back Neves much more to be able to be solid in the centre of the park against any side.

It's why I'd have liked Tielemans and someone else but we went an extended Elneny.

Tielemans Elneny - Bang average midfield
Xhaka Tielemans - Okay
Partey Xhaka - Decent
Tielemans Partey - Very good

Tielemans best performances came alongside Ndidi so I think we'd see much similar with Partey but he can't stay fit atm.

That's kinda how I'd see it.
@dashsnow17

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Think he'd work well with Partey, not sure about the other combinations. Would probably be a bit lightweight without Partey in there tbh. A Xhaka/Tielemans midfield feels like something that'd get run past too easily, but who knows.

Very good player though.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Average
Decent
Decent
Decent

I think yeah Neves makes us much more solid across the board. But I think a Tielemans & Partey midfield is the one you'd bank on closing the gap between the City/Liverpool/Chelsea's as both on their day can be outstanding, he would offer a lot more than Xhaka on a top day.

Tielemans is definitely an 8 for me, or part of a double pivot. But we must rotate/replace Partey.

You think Neves can play as a lone six? Im thinking along the lines of Neves being an alternative to Bissouma.

And dont tell me you've spoken extensively on this subject already :lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Tielemans is definitely an 8 for me, or part of a double pivot. But we must rotate/replace Partey.

You think Neves can play as a lone six? Im thinking along the lines of Neves being an alternative to Bissouma.

And dont tell me you've spoken extensively on this subject already :lol:

I genuinely think Neves can play any position in the midfield and play it well, he certainly can't do what Partey can do when he's on his day but for me he would still be able to hold his own.

I think Bissouma would be my number one choice.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Don't like players who's levels fall down for whatever reason. Only thing attractive about this deal is the price.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Got vibes of Arsène combining Xhaka & Özil in the same spine. A little too idealist for the midfields we play week in week out. Always felt the team needs to be completely firing for it to work or the deeper guy being a complete anomaly like Cesc / Santi.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Tielemans would undoubtedly raise the level of of MF.

Ideally we have someone to rotate with Partey but we can't do everything in 1 window.

Personally I would like to see how ESR does in the 8 position. Reckon his game suits that role.

Finesse

One player is not the answer for me. We have a very thin squad as it stands and 1 or 2 absences completely throws the team into disarray. The quality from the bench is never able to deputise and the effect spreads across the team. We went from fantastic form with Gabby , MO , Saka , ESR and once Partey / KT dropped out , we lost the punch and hence the erratic form from the young boys till the end. Our very competent defence became exposed too. We never had the fire power strikers and we could manage with the form of the young boys to bring in goals. Injury came and everything came to a stop.

Arteta needs a build a midfield bunch. City & Liverpool have one. Even Conte is working on building one to , that can support Kane and Sun. ( guaranteed goals and assist year in year out)

We need a system that can survive injuries , especially one without Partey. We have Mo and Xkaka under contract. What do we do now? We can draft in Tielemans. However without Partey , not even Tielemas , Mo and Xhaka will cut it if we are looking at a CL push.

SlyFox

@SlyFox is Teliemans really as slow/unathletic as he has looked in some games or do you believe a combination of wanting to leave and maybe Leicester as a whole not being as good this year has impacted it? Or injuries.

I've seen him a few times this season and if a player goes past him he looks so laboured running back.
I honestly can't say it's ever been an issue for us here to be honest. His complete lack of form this season has been more of a worry that his athleticism. The lads played probably more minutes than anyone the last two seasons. He could do with some time off.

SlyFox

Would you put his poor performances down to anything? Like been pressed/marked out of the game? Poor stamina? Lack of tracking back? Lack of runners to pick a pass to? Poor midfield partners due to injuries?
As I mentioned he seems to perhaps lack focus, he's got all the talent in the world. I think he just needs challenge and a high demand from a manger on him to get the best from him. Here he's been allowed to player no matter how poor he's been, hardly keeps you on your toes.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I honestly can't say it's ever been an issue for us here to be honest. His complete lack of form this season has been more of a worry that his athleticism. The lads played probably more minutes than anyone the last two seasons. He could do with some time off.
Maybe being an option rather than a necessity at Arsenal could benefit him. Maybe not playing EL until later rounds and Cup matches which means basically he will only be needed 1 game a week and with compeition and depending on opposition maybe he's on bench etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom