• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kieran Tierney (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
KT was injury prone in his Celtics days and tomiyasu looks injury prone. I don’t think we can rely on either to play 45-50 games. So I expect the same next season tbh.
He was actually very healthy at Celtic, if anything I think we are maybe suffering from them overplaying him when he was young. He played 128 games averaging 43 games per season by the age of 2.

33 games in 2015-16
40 games in 2016-17
55 games in 2017-18

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Get this disgrace out. Two seasons in a row where him being injured has arguably cost us in the run out.

Is a decent enough player when fit but not worth the injuries imo.
People talk about us losing games being reasonable because we lacked Tierney and Partey like it's not going to happen every season and isn't a problem to solve. It ain't an excuse it's a failure.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You won’t find many better. But he can’t stay fit, even if it’s some bad luck.

tcahill

I stuck my head in the sand too long. He can't be relied upon as a starter. Shame because he's great when he plays.

We need another LB that we'd be comfortable playing half the season with.

That being said, knowing our luck as soon as we sign someone Tierney will become immune to all damage.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
He was actually very healthy at Celtic, if anything I think we are maybe suffering from them overplaying him when he was young. He played 128 games averaging 43 games per season by the age of 2.

33 games in 2015-16
40 games in 2016-17
55 games in 2017-18

Good god how bad is the Scottish league if Tierney was playing all those games as a 2 year old.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I bet if I could be bothered I could find like 20 better fullbacks.

That are available? That would come to Arsenal? That won't cost 50M+?

You thought Tavares was much better after about 3 games so pardon me but I'm not interested in a list you can't be bothered to provide.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That are available? That would come to Arsenal? That won't cost 50M+?

You thought Tavares was much better after about 3 games so pardon me but I'm not interested in a list you can't be bothered to provide.
Lying to win a debate doesn't mean you won it FYI.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Keep him and slowly get him inte games, he can be a backup until he gets fit. Problem is he always gets rushed backup. We need better competition

baccy_man

Established Member
Some of the posts are saying that Tierney, did not have a lot of injuries at Celtic, I wonder if it is something to do with our training methods because we used to have a lot of players that got injured when Arsène, was our manager as well, or it could be down to the intensity that our league play at.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Some of the posts are saying that Tierney, did not have a lot of injuries at Celtic, I wonder if it is something to do with our training methods because we used to have a lot of players that got injured when Arsène, was our manager as well, or it could be down to the intensity that our league play at.
Didn't we litteraly buy him while he was injured? Correct me if I'm wrong, it's a vague memory.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Didn't we litteraly buy him while he was injured? Correct me if I'm wrong, it's a vague memory.
I think he had a ****ed hip which kept him out for ages for Celtic and there was a load of talk about hip injuries leading on to others? I don't think you can relate that dislocating your shoulder though!

Reactions: Xln

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Please, you can easily find better.

Why aren't we trying to replace him then? I keep seeing everyone make Tierney out to be a problem but we're only bringing in backups for him? The reason is that any upgrade is going to cost a sh*t ton of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom