• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Xhak Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Wish he would just go away,. We haven't had a good season since he joined, ffs.

1Jjo.gif

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka hasn't had a stable partner himself, Partey was supposed to be that but in the end it's always down to Xhaka.

Partey is there when the whole team is fit and playing well, he's been a good time guy in his Arsenal career so far. Not saying he's getting injured on purpose, but naturally he will be held to higher esteem cause of this.
How does that compute when looking at it the other way around the "good times" Partey is enjoying he's looking at Xhaka next to him? Also not like Xhaka himself hasn't missed plenty of games this season and we had to rely on Elneny or Sambi next to Partey.

Either way, considering the coaching, in game and squad management we're under looking at single players for their failures doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

How does that compute when looking at it the other way around the "good times" Partey is enjoying he's looking at Xhaka next to him? Also not like Xhaka himself hasn't missed plenty of games this season and we had to rely on Elneny or Sambi next to Partey.

Either way, considering the coaching, in game and squad management we're under looking at single players for their failures doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Because some of the games Partey played well, Xhaka did too. We've won many games with just Xhaka as well, probably more just because.

We don't know for sure if Partey would have helped with Newcastle and Sp**s which is what I am getting at, he could have subbed himself off in any of those games when he realised it was getting a bit long.

Agree with your last bit anyways, which has always been my defense of Xhaka. He's far from perfect but I also don't see the sense in singling out players for our failures. His constant availability goes against him a bit I feel.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Xhaka using his free time to coach a local club from his hometown.

I've grown to respect him more this season, firstly looking closer at what he does on the field both technically and his game intelligence, and secondly the respect he has from the younger players. He is a good senior player to have around.

I like that he has better protection now in a slightly more advanced role. Not his ideal position because his relative slowness doesnt allow us to take more advantage higher up the pitch, but he does a good job keeping us pushed up and able to find space as well, especially a switched play to a freed up Saka on the right.

It will be difficult to really upgrade him IMO. I think Tielemans, Neves, Bissouma are good options but they arent much different to Xhaka. A real upgrade would be players like Bernado Silva, Fabian Ruiz and Lucas Paqueta. They will all easily cost around 40m and more.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Jeeezus, mediocrity truly has taken over the club.

I fecken despair.
Yeah I know, people love a guy cause he gave a motm performance in a loss against City essentially.

Wanting Xhaka gone doesn't mean you don't like mediocrity look how Saka/ESR/Ødegaard/Gabbi are worshiped for basically not having facial hair yet.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I think it's well documented how much I hate Xhaka. But I don't think we are in a state to sell him yet. If Partey doesn't have fitness problems and/or Sambi had done well in the minutes he got, I would have wanted him to be sold. If we are going to extend Elneny, it probably makes sense to loan Sambi.

Only if we buy two top level midfielders, it makes sense to sell Xhaka. I don't think that's going to happen. We will buy just one. With the Europa fixtures, we will need a lot of rotation. It's better to have Xhaka as rotational option rather than Elneny.

But if he is going to be a regular starter, I can say for sure we can write off any chances to get back to top 4 next season.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Xhaka had to return from his injury period in order for other midfielders to perform. People or some non-arsenal fans tend to forget.

• Cry
Reactions: Xln

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I think it's well documented how much I hate Xhaka. But I don't think we are in a state to sell him yet. If Partey doesn't have fitness problems and/or Sambi had done well in the minutes he got, I would have wanted him to be sold. If we are going to extend Elneny, it probably makes sense to loan Sambi.

Only if we buy two top level midfielders, it makes sense to sell Xhaka. I don't think that's going to happen. We will buy just one. With the Europa fixtures, we will need a lot of rotation. It's better to have Xhaka as rotational option rather than Elneny.

But if he is going to be a regular starter, I can say for sure we can write off any chances to get back to top 4 next season.

If you promote that you hate him but at the same time wouldn’t sell him, do you really hate him? Food for thought

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
That's a made up tweet. The guy who wrote that did it for likes, it's nowhere close.

Secondly, aren't apologies a good thing? Xhaka apologised for his red card in the league cup against Liverpool even though we got out of it with a good result. Rob Holding got sent off in a much more important game against Sp**s and didn't apologise. I know which I prefer.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Can't wait for the Amazon documentary. I have a feeling that Granit's going to get a signicificant amount of air time. People who have no idea will get to know what he's like in that dressing room, and find out more about his character. We went through good moments and bad moments. They will see the passion that he has and how much he cares. You will see all emotions ranging from anger and rage to calmness, sensibility and serenity. Above all is leadership and respect.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Can't wait for the Amazon documentary. I have a feeling that Granit's going to get a signicificant amount of air time. People who have no idea will get to know what he's like in that dressing room, and find out more about his character. We went through good moments and bad moments. They will see the passion that he has and how much he cares. You will see all emotions ranging from anger and rage to calmness, sensibility and serenity. Above all is leadership and respect.
Oh you are Manberg lmao

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Would Xhaka get consistent minutes at any other top Premier League team?
Look at the league and name the midfielders.

The answer is yes, easily.

Edit: misread - top 3 teams probably not but everyone else is fair game really.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Look at the league and name the midfielders.

The answer is yes, easily.

Edit: misread - top 3 teams probably not but everyone else is fair game really.

He's outplayed Declan Rice, in pretty much every midfield battle they have had.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
He's outplayed Declan Rice, in pretty much every midfield battle they have had.

Granit Xhaka has outplayed N'Golo Kante, in nearly every midfield battle they have ever had.
That includes the huge games. 2017 FA Cup, 2017 Community Shield, 2020 FA Cup, 2020 Euro Knockout Switzerland vs France.... and most premier league games against each other (our recent record against Chelsea is good). You can give Baku to Kante... but bear in mind that many said Xhaka was our best player on the day, and the game was all the way in Baku the day after his wife gave birth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom