• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everyone loves a freebie, Right?

Wagwaan

James Tarkowski
Paul Pogba
Ousmane Dembele
Luis Suarez
Alarcon Isco
Paulo Dybala
Andrea Belotti
Alessio Romagnoli
Federico Bernadeschi
Angel Di Maria
Xavi Simons
Florian Grillitsch
Corentin Tolisso
Dan-Axel Zagadou
Marcel Halstenburg
Christian Pavon

Theese a just a select few that are available on a free, surely there is a bargain to pick up even with some hefty sign on fee's and wages.

Personally I would like to see us be serious and go in for Dybala, he's a top quality striker in his prime. Think he could have an Alexis-Esque impact. Big Signing on fee and big wages.

Ousmane Dembele is a baller but his injury record concerns me and would be an expensive gamble that'll likely backfire.

Isco is a baller too but too expensive to be an Ødegaard back up and would hinder ESR progress.

Xavi Simons would be a quality addition and would get the game time with Europa.

Lastly, Tolisso as an upgrade on Elneny? Again an expensive squad player so probably worth swerving.

What's everyone's thoughts on the hand me down market? Worth a dip?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Florian Grillitsch has been linked with the club, not sure he’d be an option anymore if Arteta has his heart set on Tielemans.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Tarkowski for the Ben White upgrade?
Have Saliba with Gabriel as starters with Holding and Tarkowski battling for 3rd and 4th choice. Cut the loses with White and move him on.

Romagnoli used to very good a few years ago (I'm not sure if still is as I don't follow Italian football like is used to).

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Florian Grillitsch has been linked with the club, not sure he’d be an option anymore if Arteta has his heart set on Tielemans.
Grillitsch would have been more of an Upgrade to Grillitsch, but surely not an alternative to Tielemans. So with Elneny extending, it sadly makes no sense anymore.

Reactions: A_G

ChefMan21

If we're after another CB them Romagnoli makes sense to me. And if we want a second striker Belotti or Dybala also make some sense. Right price though and we'd have to accept their limitations/the risk...

TornadoTed

Established Member
Hard pass on all of those, very good reasons why they are all free, either past it, too high wages, or injury ravaged.

The only one I would have taken was Florian Grillitsch as DM backup but we have resigned Mo so that isn't going to happen now.

Emibury

I'd take Suarez for a year. Still quality and we need more depth up front. He could still easily manage 1/3 - 1/2 the season at his age and deliver a lots of goals in that time.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'd take Suarez for a year. Still quality and we need more depth up front. He could still easily manage 1/3 - 1/2 the season at his age and deliver a lots of goals in that time.

Trust me I think he’s done. This year was a fall off from last year.

Emibury

Trust me I think he’s done. This year was a fall off from last year.
Ok, didn't see many games this season. Guess I'm basing it off when Atletico won the league the season before when he was very good. Just quite like the idea of getting someone decent in on a temporary basis for a season and an older freebie could be ideal for that - I can see us starting the season with a paper thin squad and getting decimated by injuries again. Even with Nketiah staying we need still need two more forwards who can deliver due to Lacazette leaving. If we get Jesus and a decent CM then we can't really afford anyone decent.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Tarkowski for the Ben White upgrade?
Have Saliba with Gabriel as starters with Holding and Tarkowski battling for 3rd and 4th choice. Cut the loses with White and move him on.

Romagnoli used to very good a few years ago (I'm not sure if still is as I don't follow Italian football like is used to).
Tarkowski topped the league in errors leading to goals this season

Bloodbather

Established Member

Wanted Grillitsch as an Elneny replacement but we gave him a new deal. Still would consider him if we sell Xhaka.

Zagadou as backup LCB, possibly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom