• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everyone loves a freebie, Right?

GunnerUK

Cut the loses with White and move him on.
What. Lol

Cut our losses with a future prime starting England international we’ve just paid £50mil for less then a year ago.

What makes you say that out of Curiosity why wouldn’t you want a choice of White, Saliba & Gabriel for our CB’s

tcahill

As someone said earlier, free transfers are rarely as financially savvy as they seem.

The players get an inflated wage, which both unbalances the wage structure and if they don't work out they're impossible to shift elsewhere. Eg Kolasinac.

ragnarock

If we’re after a backup leftie CB wouldn’t Zagadou be a decent option?
Haven’t seen him enough. Opinions on him?

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
What. Lol

Cut our losses with a future prime starting England international we’ve just paid £50mil for less then a year ago.

What makes you say that out of Curiosity why wouldn’t you want a choice of White, Saliba & Gabriel for our CB’s

Due to how poor White has been this season. Started shaky 5hen had 6 weeks of very good form then was liability defensively for the rest of the season. Had it not been for Whites Price tag, Holding (who has excellent in the vast majority of his peformances this season) would be ahead of him.

Hopefully he come good but he looks like the English Luiz to me.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Due to how poor White has been this season. Started shaky 5hen had 6 weeks of very good form then was liability defensively for the rest of the season. Had it not been for Whites Price tag, Holding (who has excellent in the vast majority of his peformances this season) would be ahead of him.

Hopefully he come good but he looks like the English Luiz to me.
I'm not sure if this is sincere or parody, but 1) Holding has been excellent in a closer role, but hugely uncomfortable when playing the high line crucial to our better performances and 2) David Luiz used to retreat to his own box anytime the opposition got the ball (or rashly dived in when exposed up field).

White isn't as good in the air as Holding, and not quite as physical, but every other aspect of his play is superior, and he is vital for our tactical approach.

Its true his form dropped off as our defence was disrupted due to injuries and he was carrying knocks himself, but prior to that he was mostly excellent

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I'm not sure if this is sincere or parody, but 1) Holding has been excellent in a closer role, but hugely uncomfortable when playing the high line crucial to our better performances and 2) David Luiz used to retreat to his own box anytime the opposition got the ball (or rashly dived in when exposed up field).

White isn't as good in the air as Holding, and not quite as physical, but every other aspect of his play is superior, and he is vital for our tactical approach.

Its true his form dropped off as our defence was disrupted due to injuries and he was carrying knocks himself, but prior to that he was mostly excellent

Holding is superior to White in every defensive aspect - tacking, airal duels, positioning and general reading of the game defensively.

White can pass a ball better, that's it.
White had a short 6 weeks period of good form and was very poor apart from that period.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Dybala, Di Maria, Zagadou, Tolisso are players I've wanted in the past I haven't seen enough of Grillitch but I wonder if the ship has sailed on all of them. We have a way of getting the right player a couple of years late.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
James Tarkowski
Paul Pogba
Ousmane Dembele
Luis Suarez
Alarcon Isco
Paulo Dybala
Andrea Belotti
Alessio Romagnoli
Federico Bernadeschi
Angel Di Maria
Xavi Simons
Florian Grillitsch
Corentin Tolisso
Dan-Axel Zagadou
Marcel Halstenburg
Christian Pavon

Theese a just a select few that are available on a free, surely there is a bargain to pick up even with some hefty sign on fee's and wages.

Personally I would like to see us be serious and go in for Dybala, he's a top quality striker in his prime. Think he could have an Alexis-Esque impact. Big Signing on fee and big wages.

Ousmane Dembele is a baller but his injury record concerns me and would be an expensive gamble that'll likely backfire.

Isco is a baller too but too expensive to be an Ødegaard back up and would hinder ESR progress.

Xavi Simons would be a quality addition and would get the game time with Europa.

Lastly, Tolisso as an upgrade on Elneny? Again an expensive squad player so probably worth swerving.

What's everyone's thoughts on the hand me down market? Worth a dip?
I will take Di Maria
Suarez can be a great move for us.
Not much else that i like from that list.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Remember offering a cheeky one quid more than his release clause for Suarez? :lol:

Honestly I feel only Pogba and Dybala would be worth signing out of that list of players because they fit the positions and profiles we’re looking for. But both of them will ask for insane wages and signing bonuses.

Top Bottom