• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gianluca (Big Man with a Good Touch) Scamacca

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Feel there’s enough for a thread however I’m still of the impression there isn’t much in this.

That being said out of all the links, Jesus and Scamacca would be my ideal forward pairing.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

He is obviously one of the names on Edtetas boring list but i dont think we have made any real moves for him so far.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Lets hope this is an addition to Jesus and Nketiah. If so... happy days, we're moving in the right direction.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
This is a good article on Scammaca, though slightly out of date now from February. I think he looks like a really interesting player - not elite maybe, but a useful option to have. "Big Man with a good touch" seems like a nice summary.

Although he hasn't scored big numbers yet, his Goals/90 over the past 2 seasons is up there with the best (0.62). He's over-performing his xG and there's definitely a risk he tanks because his purple patch is relatively small in terms of game time (c.3900 top flight minutes). Can he step up to a bigger club, succeed outside of Italy etc?

Would be all for this so long as he's not the only forward signing we make.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

This is a good article on Scammaca, though slightly out of date now from February. I think he looks like a really interesting player - not elite maybe, but a useful option to have. "Big Man with a good touch" seems like a nice summary.

Although he hasn't scored big numbers yet, his Goals/90 over the past 2 seasons is up there with the best (0.62). He's over-performing his xG and there's definitely a risk he tanks because his purple patch is relatively small in terms of game time. Can he step up to a bigger club, succeed outside of Italy etc?

AnalGianluca.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Although he hasn't scored big numbers yet, his Goals/90 over the past 2 seasons is up there with the best (0.62). He's over-performing his xG and there's definitely a risk he tanks because his purple patch is relatively small in terms of game time (c.3900 top flight minutes). Can he step up to a bigger club, succeed outside of Italy etc?

If he's overperforming his Xg doesn't that just mean he's been clinical with his chances? A quick google shows Messi and Mbappe regularly outperform their Xg

I think a key strength other than his finishing ability is that unlike most forwards we're linked too he's played in the loan striker role and by all accounts drops deep to receive the ball and hold up to bring others into the attack. That's key to what any striker we're buying is going to be asked to do.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

AnalGianluca :lol:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
If he's overperforming his Xg doesn't that just mean he's been clinical with his chances? A quick google shows Messi and Mbappe regularly outperform their Xg

I think a key strength other than his finishing ability is that unlike most forwards we're linked too he's played in the loan striker role and by all accounts drops deep to receive the ball and hold up to bring others into the attack. That's key to what any striker we're buying is going to be asked to do.
His chance conversion is pretty high as well at 20% - that's top 5 in Serie A. I think over performing xG is generally seen as good but it can also be an indication that you've been lucky if it's over a shortish period.

Anyway, I pretty much agree - his link play looks good. Not sure why he's not getting assists but that might just be a sign that he's trying to get in the box on the end of stuff

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope we buy him but just like Locatelli last season i won't take this link seriously until the player himself decided to move here. Sassuolo won't have problem accepting 30-35M.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
According to di marzio juve has held discussions with Sassuolo about Scamacca.

This all depend on if they failed to buy morata

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

According to di marzio juve has held discussions with Sassuolo about Scamacca.

This all depend on if they failed to buy morata

So they’re going to roll with two similar strikers up front in Scamacca and Vlahovic?

Not sure if that’s the best idea right?

Top Bottom