• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We agreed on a very fair option in the loan deal and then they decide to offer half of it when he was one of their best players. I’d tell them to get ****ed.

Italian clubs are something else.

Any time you enquire for one of theirs they want 50M minimum but when they’re buying it’s these sh*tty loan offers.

buckley17

Keep him as a back up bench guy and Loan out lonkonga. F off with the poverty bids from Italian teams
This is a great idea. There is no point in giving him away for nothing. Lokonga would benefit greatly from a loan to an English team in which he could play regularly. We could then use Torreira in the backup role for a year until Sambi comes back as hopefully a much improved and more experienced player.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
This is a great idea. There is no point in giving him away for nothing. Lokonga would benefit greatly from a loan to an English team in which he could play regularly. We could then use Torreira in the backup role for a year until Sambi comes back as hopefully a much improved and more experienced player.
Cant see this happening. Doubt Arteta wants him back either & doubt he'll wanna come back either.

Decent player, shame it didnt quite happen for him here.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think we will lose Torreira on a free. I think clubs will try their hardest to lowball us. I don’t rate Torreira but I dislike Elneny more so keeping Torreira as a backup is a good idea imo. He’ll cry and whinge like always but he’s still under our contract. If he’s that desperate to leave England he can buy out his own contract and leave for good, otherwise, it’s time to get tough on these players.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Lad was literally doing his best not to show up for pre season to try and force a move back to Italy. I honestly can't see him coming back here of his own volition.

Can see him forcing the clubs hand in one way or the other. I honestly see no issue right now in taking a low ball offer for him as long it is not Fiorentinas. **** them.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Lad was literally doing his best not to show up for pre season to try and force a move back to Italy. I honestly can't see him coming back here of his own volition.

Can see him forcing the clubs hand in one way or the other. I honestly see no issue right now in taking a low ball offer for him as long it is not Fiorentinas. **** them.
Assuming Torreira's mental health issues are behind him and he can be professional for the last year of his contract (this is far from certain I know). It is a question of who makes the better straight DM - Elneny or Torreira?

I think Torreira's the better player overall, and an excellent ball winner in particular. But, that said I'm not sure he would work in our midfield as a loan DM. He's not the quickest, he's tiny, and I think he would get overrun without a partner. This only gets worse if Tielemans comes in as well. A midfield of Torreira, Tielemans and Ødegaard? It's pretty lightweight. Elneny is at least consistent and has the speed and strength you need.

I'm with the Dude - hold out until Fiorentina pay us what they owe - or sell to a different team for less if needed.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
By all reports Torreira had a very good season, we should be looking to get a decent fee.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Guys, Torreira going to Spain to train last summer so he didn’t have to quarantine for 10 days in a UK hotel doesn’t mean he refused to come back for preseason at Arsenal.

Kwaku

If they don’t want to sign him then keep him. I’m taking Torreira over Elneny everyday if the week.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Dont get some of the comments in here, of course Fiorentina are gonna low ball us, doesnt matter if they got an 8billion owner, its business and knocking the price down is part of that.

Torreira has ****ed us, cant be hating on Fiorentina for taking advantage, Torreira has made it clear he has one destination in mind which has tanked his value, nulled any other suitors and left the club in a hard place.

Fiorentina will drag this out, I said in another thread Chelsea have been ****ed by Lukaku, this is the exact same thing just on a lower scale.

Honestly think there should be some sort of measures in place to be able to sue the player in cases like this, he had no issue accepting the clubs wages, the club wanted to use his services but hes pretty much made it impossible to do so, hes wasted a transfer fee, signing on fee, wages, for what, 4yrs of money he has taken from this club and the club is ****ed, I bet he wouldnt agree to a mutual termination of his contract either and would sit on it for this last season.

Personally, I actually like Torreira's ability but the guy is a ****ing prick!

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
yeah too much drama here, everyone knew Torreira would throw a tantrum to not come back.

I'm surprised we're still pretending we have any leverage on this one

TornadoTed

Established Member
Probably the most embarrassing transfer I can ever remember us making. Signing a tiny, weak player without exceptional technique to compensate for it to play in one of the most physical leagues in the World was just inexcusable.

Vanpayslip

Probably the most embarrassing transfer I can ever remember us making. Signing a tiny, weak player without exceptional technique to compensate for it to play in one of the most physical leagues in the World was just inexcusable.

There have been more embarrassing transfers than this. It’s the general trajectory that the club has been on for a while.

akhil

Dont get some of the comments in here, of course Fiorentina are gonna low ball us, doesnt matter if they got an 8billion owner, its business and knocking the price down is part of that.

Torreira has ****ed us, cant be hating on Fiorentina for taking advantage, Torreira has made it clear he has one destination in mind which has tanked his value, nulled any other suitors and left the club in a hard place.

Fiorentina will drag this out, I said in another thread Chelsea have been ****ed by Lukaku, this is the exact same thing just on a lower scale.

Honestly think there should be some sort of measures in place to be able to sue the player in cases like this, he had no issue accepting the clubs wages, the club wanted to use his services but hes pretty much made it impossible to do so, hes wasted a transfer fee, signing on fee, wages, for what, 4yrs of money he has taken from this club and the club is ****ed, I bet he wouldnt agree to a mutual termination of his contract either and would sit on it for this last season.

Personally, I actually like Torreira's ability but the guy is a ****ing prick!

There's a simple solution to it. Make him train alone for a year (while there's a world cup nonetheless). He's on what 70K a year which is about 3.5 million over a year. That's probably a fraction of what we used to pay off Özil/Auba. At least dangle that scenario in front of him/his agent and we'll see how long he can stand his ground. He isn't elite to warrant a big pay packet on being a free transfer either or good enough for the elite clubs.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
There's a simple solution to it. Make him train alone for a year (while there's a world cup nonetheless). He's on what 70K a year which is about 3.5 million over a year. That's probably a fraction of what we used to pay off Özil/Auba. At least dangle that scenario in front of him/his agent and we'll see how long he can stand his ground. He isn't elite to warrant a big pay packet on being a free transfer either or good enough for the elite clubs.

Why though? Simple solution is waiting it out for the best bid and then just take it and get rid. The club cant win here, theyve already got ****ed for 3 of the 4yrs, its been a disaster and on his terms.

The lesson the club needs to learn is stop handing out loans to clubs with 'option to buy' especially in Serie A, they love too muck about over figures and cos the league is so crap its very easy to find an alternative or loan some other dosser not doing it as his club.

TornadoTed

Established Member
There have been more embarrassing transfers than this. It’s the general trajectory that the club has been on for a while.
Fair enough, I can't think of any.

I could see some justification for just about every other signing we have made over the last 10 years except this one.

akhil

Why though? Simple solution is waiting it out for the best bid and then just take it and get rid. The club cant win here, theyve already got ****ed for 3 of the 4yrs, its been a disaster and on his terms.

The lesson the club needs to learn is stop handing out loans to clubs with 'option to buy' especially in Serie A, they love too muck about over figures and cos the league is so crap its very easy to find an alternative or loan some other dosser not doing it as his club.

His terms haven't worked out for him until the past year. The Fiorentina president basically said the agent was the problem, not us. There was a price agreed on last year and they reneged on that. Nothing we did wrong here. Unless they agree to pay that price, shop him around for the price and see what we can get.

Serie A is just rubbish at this point anyway. They don't have any money unless it's Juve and they're annoying in their behavior as well. They're about a few years away from being the French league in terms of revenue. The only reason we have to deal with them is because of the mistakes we made in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom